Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    i would still go if i were you
    people mistake basketball with football....in basketball most of the players usually get to play because good players have to rest....so im sure he'll get a few min at least. So its worth going even for those few min....its not everyday you get to see an Iranian in NBA.
    no worries man..they are looking at him as a potential STARTER.Even if he doesn't start he will get at least 20 minutes I can guarantee you that.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      i would still go if i were you
      people mistake basketball with football....in basketball most of the players usually get to play because good players have to rest....so im sure he'll get a few min at least. So its worth going even for those few min....its not everyday you get to see an Iranian in NBA.
      So far there hasnt benn ANY day!!
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

darko got a 10,000 dollar fine for that...man if he said that post game in the NBA..hed probably get kicked out of the league lol

the only problem here is i hope the three centers (darko, gasol, haddadi) will help eachother as teammates and not fight amongst one another..darko will probably start..i hope he doesnt get all hot headed if gasol or haddadi get minutes
        Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by ardi11 View Post
          lol you just reminded me of this: (18+ btw)

cool behzad jan hope you'll have a good time
          that was exactly what i was thinking of when i said that lol

oh and it looks like my prediction came through, darko is probably gonna move to 4, which would mean a lot of playing time for haddadi.

Comment

Originally posted by zand View Post
            I'm planning to go to both his games at NJ and at NY in January if he gets enough playing time during his first few months.
            finally another member that lives in NY
            i might go too
            is it on a weekday or weekend?

Comment

OMG. Grizzlies-Raptors

Haddadi vs Jermaine O'Neal

Comment

god i really hope the iranians in la dont embarass us and show up in the thousands with flags and whistles.. and dootooroot dootoot doot IRAN!! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                  god i really hope the iranians in la dont embarass us and show up in the thousands with flags and whistles.. and dootooroot dootoot doot IRAN!! lol

oh god!

i hope no iranians do that anywhere.....ITS SO F-CKIN EMBARRASING
                  we're all excited but being dehati about it is just lame
                  let his game speak for itself

Comment

GET THAT SHIT OUTTA HERE OJ!!!!!

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=6.1.1

and, from grizzliesonline:

So i'm listening to the Morning Rush podcast. They mention that Hamed was doing running drills in yesterdays first practice. He's a bit shell shocked by the intensity of the practice...laboring pretty hard. Chris wallace, observing, gives him the thumbs up. Apparently Hamed gives a bewildered look and is quite miffed by the jesture. A moment later Hamed's translator comes over to Wallace and tells Wallace that he may not want to do that. And explains to Wallace that in Iran that gesture is the same as giving someone the middle finger.

Just thought this was hilarious. Poor guy is draggin arse hard, and his boss gives him the bird.
                    hahaha

Comment

^^^ damet garm

i always like seeing your name on this thread cuz most likely it'll be news i've been waiting for

Comment

http://www.grizzliesonline.com/index...ng_camp_day_2/

Haddadi Watch

I know that a bunch of our readers at Tumble’s Rumbles are wondering how Hamed Haddadi has faired thus far… other than the fact that I saw him bury a sixteen footer and noticing that he has enormous hands when he was handling the ball, I’m going to let Coach Iavaroni tell the story of how Hamed is doing…

Grizzlies Head Coach Marc Iavaroni on why the Grizzlies wanted Hamed Haddadi…
                        “His size and his talent. His potential. You can’t teach size. He is very big. He’s got nice hands. He’s got good footwork. He’s got good lateral movement. He showed a willingness to play physically in Salt Lake at the Rocky Mountain Revue and that translated into success at the Olympic Games. You have to be a tough guy to lead everyone in rebounding there. You have to be a tough guy to block a lot of shots. We like toughness on the front line and we thought that he fit that mold.”

On when he first heard of Haddadi...
                        “Our pro scout Gordan Chiesa saw him in the Rocky Mountain Revue and he immediately called Chris Wallace and told him about him, and to his credit, Mike Heisley got involved and said that we should go after him and show a commitment to him financially with a contract, and he didn’t forget that when other teams got involved. We liked that about him because it speaks highly of him and his family.”

On the biggest challenge to Haddadi in coming to America...
                        “I think that he’ll want to pick up the language as quickly as possible. Culturally it’s probably very different from Tehran. I think that once he gets over that and starts making friends it will become easier and easier for him.”

On what will it take for Haddadi’s rookie year to be considered a success...
                        “I think that right now it would be to be a part of the rotation. Being on the court and playing important minutes when the score is close I think will help him. He’s going to have to earn that.”

one thing that im kinda lost on is that it seems like the first team center is marc, second team center is darko, but all the training camp coverage and pictures are of haddadi...whats going on there? BTW i love hakim warrick but lets pray that the coach decides to go with darko at power forward because if he decides to have darko on the bench, that will mean VERY limited minutes for hamed

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                          http://www.grizzliesonline.com/index...ng_camp_day_2/
                          one thing that im kinda lost on is that it seems like the first team center is marc, second team center is darko, but all the training camp coverage and pictures are of haddadi...whats going on there? BTW i love hakim warrick but lets pray that the coach decides to go with darko at power forward because if he decides to have darko on the bench, that will mean VERY limited minutes for hamed
                          I still think that Darko will be traded, if not before the season, probably around the trade deadline. He is not happy in Memphis, and Memphis doesn't seem to have him in their long term plans. Their offer to New York of Darko and Jaric for Zach Randoph still stands, and the Knicks may decide to take that offer eventually. Still, I don't see Hamed playing more than 14 minutes per game max this year. More of a Turiaf on the Lakers role.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gallery;...N38em72GC8vLYF

first 45 pictures are grizzlies, most have haddadi in there. Included are pics with him and rudy, oj, and his wife

Comment

awesome

he's fitting in well....but he needs to learn english quickly....i hope he's not like karimi

Comment

well darko is on about 7m a season..so for a team like memphis if they dont trade him they better make the most of their spending..maybe a PF switch would be good for darko, hes quick, agile and has a nice touch, but hes struggling (not to mention his bad attitude too)
                                Go Cows!

Comment

Working...
                                X