Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently haddadi struggled in the open practice today

Comment

Seems like the guy is shell-shocked by the speed and tempo of the NBA game so far. He has the skills to adjust and be a good player, but I think his conditioning is what's holding him back from being productive right now.

Comment

I agree with Babak

He just needs some time to adjust, conditioning wise as well as tempo wise. Training with Saba Battery Tehran should be a vacation compared to training with an NBA team.

He will get his time to show himself on the court.

The pre-season is around the corner so we can monitor his progress.

Comment

i think iranians need to really take it easy with haddadi.

a lot of people have been saying how they think hamed will be an amazing player and get a lot of PT, but you are all going waaaaaaaaaaaay too fast.

he will probably be given an opportunity to play the first week, depending on how he does in preseason. i think you all need to remember that by the time season starts though, most teams already have a pretty good idea of the rotation they will use. honestly its up to haddadi to deliver in preseason. if its true about his poor showing in training camp, then there is no doubt it isnt good as you want to give good first impression.

whoever that thinks they will start haddadi or give him good PT in the first week at least is either biased towards him or knows something that i dont.

BTW Dleague is actually a perfect place for hamed to go. im not hating on him, he has good skill set, but he is VERY raw. dleague will help him improve his game and possibly have an impact later in the season. if you watched the olympics, you could see he had a lot of trouble against proven NBA centres such as andrew bogut, mostly on the offensive end. dleague can help him improve for sure, and is actually something i recommend him to go to.

Comment

whoever that thinks they will start haddadi or give him good PT in the first week at least is either biased towards him or knows something that i dont.
            haddadi could be the worst player in the nba, but if memphis starts with darko at power forward and gasol at center, HE WILL SEE GOOD PLAYING TIME, no two ways about it.
            now, i asked on the forum and babak was right, it really wasnt that he was "bad", it was just that he wasnt used to the speed of the game. Easy problem to fix with some preseason.

Comment

He/grizzlies should take advantage of his shot, let him shoot jump shots and he'll get easy baskets, a few dunks and he can easily average 20ppg
              that is IF he conditions himself properly

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                He/grizzlies should take advantage of his shot, let him shoot jump shots and he'll get easy baskets, a few dunks and he can easily average 20ppg
                that is IF he conditions himself properly
                As much as I wish I could be wrong, Hamed Hadadi will never average 20 ppg in the NBA. Not even with great conditioning. A 20 ppg center in the NBA is an All-Star. At this point, we're just hoping he'll still be in the league in a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                  haddadi could be the worst player in the nba, but if memphis starts with darko at power forward and gasol at center, HE WILL SEE GOOD PLAYING TIME, no two ways about it.
                  now, i asked on the forum and babak was right, it really wasnt that he was "bad", it was just that he wasnt used to the speed of the game. Easy problem to fix with some preseason.
                  the thing is i dont c darko starting at the 4. hakim warrick did a very good job at the PF slot last year and is one of the promising players on the memphis team. even though darrel arthur had the incident at the rookie camp, expect him to be an impact player and someone who will battle for the minutes at the PF slot as well as antoine walker (depending on what coach ivaroni wants out of him).

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                    the thing is i dont c darko starting at the 4. hakim warrick did a very good job at the PF slot last year and is one of the promising players on the memphis team. even though darrel arthur had the incident at the rookie camp, expect him to be an impact player and someone who will battle for the minutes at the PF slot as well as antoine walker (depending on what coach ivaroni wants out of him).
                    Apparently Fatoine Walker has been playing very well in camp so far. Arthur won't be making much of an impact this year.

Comment

just another player i thought i should mention (another big body competing for minutes) is 24 year old centre Malick Badiane from Senegal.

his skill set is a lot like hameds though

Badiane has a long body and is considered one of Africa's most athletic players. Though he is not packing on a lot of weight, he has good definition. As an athlete, Badiane has better mobility than most of his counterparts. Although considered very raw, he is aggressive going after rebounds, blocking shots and running the floor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malick_Badiane

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                        just another player i thought i should mention (another big body competing for minutes) is 24 year old centre Malick Badiane from Senegal.

his skill set is a lot like hameds though

Badiane has a long body and is considered one of Africa's most athletic players. Though he is not packing on a lot of weight, he has good definition. As an athlete, Badiane has better mobility than most of his counterparts. Although considered very raw, he is aggressive going after rebounds, blocking shots and running the floor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malick_Badiane
                        he wont make the final roster

ekbatan 20 ppg? I thought i was optimistic lol.

maybe its not that crazy, we have seen him on stretches were he plays REALLY well, like the second quarter vs argentina...if he can just play like that consistently, who knows...another thing is that he wont be facing double teams for the first time in his life...

Comment

i said IF he conditions himself well
                          20 points is just 10 baskets or less if he gets fouled
                          and im really talking in the future, not now

Comment

back to the tempo thing...keep in mind memphis is probably the fastest team in the nba, DEFINITELY in the top 3...so it is perfectly understandable to look a little slow on that court.

man, with all this haddadi stuff i didnt even notice juwan howard joined the nuggets, and it looks like tinsleys coming too

Comment

damn i wish i was there

HADDADI ON WHITE TEAM

back on blue, and i think he lost the tip

Comment

www.nba.com

4th top story
                                play video

Comment

Working...
                                X