Official NBA 2008/2009 Thread [MERGED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak View Post
    Bosh will be a Knick in 2010. So will Lebron.
    he looked pretty ineffective to me last night!! makes you wonder how good a 21 year old bynum will be
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

He just had an off night.

His 3rd in the League in scoring though, and his numbers are better then Kobe's, the thing is Raptors are possibly one of the worst defensive teams in the league, so when the ability of Kobe and the raptors defence combine = in raptors getting owned. I agree with Iran Nekounam i do not expect victory's over such teams like Lakers and Celtics but they should be doing better, No one on the team contributes day in day out for the raptors except Chris Bosh and Anthony Parker.

Comment

babak, if you were a girl i'd walk and swin over to the us to marry you.

nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by ardi11 View Post
          babak, if you were a girl i'd walk and swin over to the us to marry you.
          nuff said
          Well in the meantime, if you know any hot girls who want to swim over to the US and marry me, please let me know

Comment

Well in the meantime, if you know any hot girls who want to swim over to the US and marry me, please let me know
            Babak I am on the verge of quitting with this stupid inaccuracies from yahoo. It said Jeff green available Dec2 as FA so I waited till passed midnight to pick him him up an he was STILL unavailable now I see you picked him up??

what the Fkn deal here???
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
              Babak I am on the verge of quitting with this stupid inaccuracies from yahoo. It said Jeff green available Dec2 as FA so I waited till passed midnight to pick him him up an he was STILL unavailable now I see you picked him up??

what the Fkn deal here???
              if you both go to pick him up on the same day then the team with priority (team to last pick up a free agent) gets him

Comment

if you both go to pick him up on the same day then the team with priority (team to last pick up a free agent) gets him
                no what I mean is when he is on waiver, the waiver ranking works which I am first right now but I am waiting to use it the "right" time

but when he becomes a FA then first come first serve and I waited tll past midnight pacific time even though I was passing out and even at 12:05 he was still on waivers, so what is the deal here BABAK???

Comment

no what I mean is when he is on waiver, the waiver ranking works which I am first right now but I am waiting to use it the "right" time
                  but when he becomes a FA then first come first serve and I waited tll past midnight pacific time even though I was passing out and even at 12:05 he was still on waivers, so what is the deal here BABAK???
                  What happened is, I put out my waiver claim for him the day he got dropped. So if ANYONE, even #12 priority, puts out a waiver claim for a player, he will never become a free agent.

I was praying that you wouldn't put out the waiver claim for him since you had #1 priority, because if you had then he'd be yours. If you really want a player whose just been waived, chances are he will never make it to FA status since someone else will put a waiver claim out for him before he becomes a FA.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Also, one way you can tell that someone has put out a waiver claim for a player is: Lets say for Jeff Green it said he'd be a FA on Dec 2. If 12:00am comes on Dec 2 and it doesn't say FA next to his name, then you'll know that someone has put out the waiver claim.

If no one has put out the waiver claim, he'll be a FA exactly at midnight. Thats the understanding I have since Yahoo never fully explains this anywhere.

Comment

But now I'm kinda pissed that my waiver priority dropped all the way back to 12. That #1 waiver will come in very handy for you later in the year when someone get desperate and drops an injured star you can afford to hang onto for a few weeks.

Comment

What happened is, I put out my waiver claim for him the day he got dropped. So if ANYONE, even #12 priority, puts out a waiver claim for a player, he will never become a free agent.
                        I was praying that you wouldn't put out the waiver claim for him since you had #1 priority, because if you had then he'd be yours. If you really want a player whose just been waived, chances are he will never make it to FA status since someone else will put a waiver claim out for him before he becomes a FA.
                        Does that make sense?
                        yeah but where in the rule does it say anything about it?? You guys are winning due to my lack of knowledge of the new fantasy leagues not lack of effort.

also if I had a no namer I might have like morrow but ariza is playing really well and I will wait for another month or 2 on marbury to see how the situation will fold out

Comment

yeah but where in the rule does it say anything about it?? You guys are winning due to my lack of knowledge of the new fantasy leagues not lack of effort.
                          also if I had a no namer I might have like morrow but ariza is playing really well and I will wait for another month or 2 on marbury to see how the situation will fold out
                          Come on man, you knew that, thats ALWAYS been a part of the rules ever since the beginning. If every player who got dropped became a free agent, what would the point of the waiver process be? Then it would just turn into a mad scramble to see who could get to their computer first and press "add player" at midnight.

Basically you didn't want to waste your #1 waiver for Green, which might turn out to be a smart move if someone better gets dropped later.

Comment

Come on man, you knew that, thats ALWAYS been a part of the rules ever since the beginning. If every player who got dropped became a free agent, what would the point of the waiver process be? Then it would just turn into a mad scramble to see who could get to their computer first and press "add player" at midnight.
                            Basically you didn't want to waste your #1 waiver for Green, which might turn out to be a smart move if someone better gets dropped later.
                            yeah I didnt want to BUT ONLY becasue I thought once that clock turned midnight, I can get him as a FA

Comment

he looked pretty ineffective to me last night!! makes you wonder how good a 21 year old bynum will be
                              im sorry but bynum is among the most overrated players in the league, hes got a great frame to work with but hes a little heavy and kinda inconsistent..he shows promise but not enough to be pissed off that he doesnt get a 62 million dollar contract...bynum is a b*tch, and his attitude sucks
                              Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                                im sorry but bynum is among the most overrated players in the league, hes got a great frame to work with but hes a little heavy and kinda inconsistent..he shows promise but not enough to be pissed off that he doesnt get a 62 million dollar contract...bynum is a b*tch, and his attitude sucks
                                we want bynum for defensive purposes. gasol/ kobe will take care of the offense. say waht you want but there is NO WAY IN HELL the celtics woulda been able to beat the lakers last year if bynum was gaurding the basket

Comment

Working...
                                X