No announcement yet.

Official NBA 2008/2009 Thread [MERGED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carter over nelson for sure!..i dont care how improved JN is this year..and the coaches should have voted Al Jefferson as a PF and put him in the game over West (but hes good too)

and damn 3 orlando players in the east! good for shaq too..
    Go Cows!

Comment

I was hoping for Jason Terry too...

Comment

Glad Jameer Nelson made it, he deserves it this year. Unbelievable how much he's improved from past seasons. And I drafted him in the 12th round in my other league

Comment

I would pick Jose Calderon or Rajon Rondo before Nelson tbh.
          Also, West have too many big guys, I would take out David West then bring in Deron Williams (guard from Jazz). And Steve Nash >>>> Tony Parker....

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
            david west over haddadi?! :bs:
            one of these two bruvas is gonna take the game over
            these lineups remind me of the greatest all star game of all time, 2000-2001 (iverson mvp) with the GIANT west squad and tiny little east squad...but the east behind iverson and starbury led an unbelievable comeback for the win
            actually, thats like almost all of the late 90s, early 2000s all star games
            hahaha i still remember watching that all star game.

one of my favourites to watch.

as for the allstar teams there are things that dont make sense to me. im glad to see jameer nelson get what he deserves. last years playoffs is where he truly started playing at an allstar level and hes continued with it through this year.

West:
            1) Al Jefferson not making is sad. David West has been a decline from last years all star performance and has been injured as well while jefferson been solid all season, as well as helping minny at least win some games.
            2) Kevin Durant being left off?! i dont know what else a guy is supposed to do to get an all star nod. the guys been a stud all year.

East:
            1) mo williams snubbed? cavs with only 1 player? i dont get how orlando has 3 players (rashard lewis i would take off) while cavs only have 1 (they are the best team in terms of record in the NBA). id even put david lee in there instead of lewis. hes been great all year and has really improved the knicks.

Comment

Jefferson deserved to make it over David West. Mo Williams doesn't belong anywhere near that team.

And until Kevin Durant's team starts winning some games, he's not an All-Star, he's just a Stat-Star. It's not that hard to put up big numbers on a crappy team with no discipline or tactics that gets hammered every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
                Jefferson deserved to make it over David West. Mo Williams doesn't belong anywhere near that team.
                And until Kevin Durant's team starts winning some games, he's not an All-Star, he's just a Stat-Star. It's not that hard to put up big numbers on a crappy team with no discipline or tactics that gets hammered every night.
                so your saying that durant shouldnt be there because hes a "stat-star" but at the same time, your saying that mo will shouldnt be there either for some reason (exactly the opposite type of player, gets the job done without filling the stats). i mean come on, cavs deserve only 1 rep in the allstar game?

contradicting yourself a little bit?

Comment

The experts have spoken:

http://bestplayerontheplanet.com/rea...e-is-the-best/
                  ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                  Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                  Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                  midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                  forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                  Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Big Z had 20 pts and 11 rebounds after being away for a month due to injury

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                      so your saying that durant shouldnt be there because hes a "stat-star" but at the same time, your saying that mo will shouldnt be there either for some reason (exactly the opposite type of player, gets the job done without filling the stats). i mean come on, cavs deserve only 1 rep in the allstar game?
                      contradicting yourself a little bit?
                      I don't see the connection you're making. Mo Williams is not an All-Star caliber talent, despite being on a good team. He's a very good, above average player, but not a star.

Kevin Durant is an All-Star level talent, and he will be an All-Star very soon once his team gets better and starts winning more games in the future.

Comment

^^^

I agree with you Babak...and Nelson (although only slightly) leads Mo Williams in pretty much all stat categories..personally Id rather have Carter there but hey the coaches have voted

and Durant is 100% an All-Star..will eventually get to an all-star game and could potentially make an All-NBA team in his career, Oklahoma may not be too great but they technically arent the worst team in the league..and the trio of Durant, Green and Westbrook is hope for the future

Its funny because people complained the fans voted the players they like but now that the coaches have spoken everyone is complaining once again..Im only confused about West (I would have put Jefferson in)..Lewis deserves it...he never whines or complains (actually the guy doesnt really show emotion lol) so you cant blame him for being added..hes a solid player
                        Go Cows!

Comment

Mojo u watching this

Comment

Mojo u watching this
                            It's going to be a good one!

Comment

Random thought on my part but dang Oklahoma City are not the worst team in the league by record..they are ahead of Sacramento, LA Clippers and Washington

I hope for the best with the Thunder, I like the franchise
                              Go Cows!

Comment

hedo turkoglu snubbed out of the all star game!!!!!!!!!!!!!! magic all the way!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X