Official NBA 2008/2009 Thread [MERGED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
    Random thought on my part but dang Oklahoma City are not the worst team in the league by record..they are ahead of Sacramento, LA Clippers and Washington
    I hope for the best with the Thunder, I like the franchise
    they want to tank the season so they can get Blake Griffin

Comment

That was absolute domination in the 4th quarter! What a breakdown.

Comment

Look at Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, and Russell Westbrook's stat lines today. With 1 more high draft pick after this year, that team will be DOMINANT for the next decade.

And Mojo, I can't believe you rejected that fair offer I made for Rashard. Bebin Jeff Green chikar mikoneh har shab.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
          Look at Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, and Russell Westbrook's stat lines today. With 1 more high draft pick after this year, that team will be DOMINANT for the next decade.
          And Mojo, I can't believe you rejected that fair offer I made for Rashard. Bebin Jeff Green chikar mikoneh har shab.
          i was thinking about the same thing right now.

Comment

Raptors

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
              That is the real world not fantasy.

You score that much and you still lose??? that stat line shows they need a defensive presence. They have enough offense. One more offensive player might actually hurt them. Also all 3 players might look at free agency for the big money once they pass the 3 years restriction. OKC wont afford to pay all 3
              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Kobe breaks the madison square garden scoring record with 61 points tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                  Kobe breaks the madison square garden scoring record with 61 points tonight!
                  yet the Lakers win by single digits

can't wait to see u guys later this week in Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                    That is the real world not fantasy.
                    You score that much and you still lose??? that stat line shows they need a defensive presence. They have enough offense. One more offensive player might actually hurt them. Also all 3 players might look at free agency for the big money once they pass the 3 years restriction. OKC wont afford to pay all 3
                    OKC is actually the only team that can pay them all huge money since no other team can match the maximum years and salary that a player's original team can offer him.

Comment

yet the Lakers win by single digits
                      can't wait to see u guys later this week in Ohio
                      Lakers were up by 18 points when Kobe sat with 2 minutes left. Just shows how the rest of the lakers are nothing without him.

ABSOLUTE STATEMENT GAME BY NO.24 WITH THE FIRST GAME WITHOUT BYNUM.

It was loud and clear: Yo d wade and Lebron if you are putting up bigger numbers is becasue I am "letting" you. I can go off at any given night and school all you suckers. If I am toning it down it is becasue I want to not becasue I ahve to
                      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Lakers were up by 18 points when Kobe sat with 2 minutes left. Just shows how the rest of the lakers are nothing without him.
                        ABSOLUTE STATEMENT GAME BY NO.24 WITH THE FIRST GAME WITHOUT BYNUM.

It was loud and clear: Yo d wade and Lebron if you are putting up bigger numbers is becasue I am "letting" you. I can go off at any given night and school all you suckers. If I am toning it down it is becasue I want to not becasue I ahve to
                        0 rebs to boot

and the rest of the stat sheet is relatively empty as well

if kobe has proven anything its that he's a great scorer, possibly beyond Jordan's level

Kobe was blessed with a great team from the start....LeBron had and still has almost nothing

another the other things he has proven time and time again is that he is the most one dimensional superstar....ya he can score and is a good man on man defender...but overall he's nowhere near the team player that Lebron is or Jordan

Lebron can effectively play 4 positions and guard all 4 of them as well

he also doesn't whine if his team is under performing

Comment

0 rebs to boot
                          and the rest of the stat sheet is relatively empty as well
                          if kobe has proven anything its that he's a great scorer, possibly beyond Jordan's level
                          another the other things he has proven time and time again is that he is the most one dimensional superstar....ya he can score and is a good man on man defender...but overall he's nowhere near the team player that Lebron is or Jordan
                          Lebron can effectively play 4 positions and guard all 4 of them as well
                          he also doesn't whine if his team is under performing
                          jordan was no team player!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are all too young to remember. jordan was the biggest hog ever. Its just that when he dished it he had REAL players around him who could score.

Food for thought: when Jordan retired in 1993, the team WITHOUT him went to the second round of the playoffs only to lose in 6 games to patrick ewings knicks. These lakers without Kobe are in the lottery.

also what Kobe showed tonight was how great of a team player he is to tone it down all the time so others could be involved too.

at the end of the game the reporter asked him why you went off that way and he said cuz andrew went out people were down and this was and important must have game for this east coast swing so we can start off right

Comment

jordan was no team player!!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are all too young to remember. jordan was the biggest hog ever. Its just that when he dished it he had REAL players around him who could score.
                            Food for thought: when Jordan retired in 1993, the team WITHOUT him went to the second round of the playoffs only to lose in 6 games to patrick ewings knicks. These lakers without Kobe are in the lottery.
                            also what Kobe showed tonight was how great of a team player he is to tone it down all the time so others could be involved too.
                            at the end of the game the reporter asked him why you went off that way and he said cuz andrew went out people were down and this was and important must have game for this east coast swing so we can start off right
                            props to the best player in the West and the 2nd best player in the NBA

Comment

props to the best player in the West and the 2nd best player in the NBA
                              Funny how that's the minority opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                                Funny how that's the minority opinion .
                                in a group consisting of you, persianbruin and me it wud be a minority opinion...almost anywhere else it isn't....including a recent PFDC poll

Comment

Working...
                                X