Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the point of league football anymore?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the point of league football anymore?!!

These days we see ridiculous amounts of money poured into football clubs.
    As a fan of of the biggest club in the world Real Madrid I have begun to ponder..
    how does it feel to be a supporter of a middle tabled team in the big three leagues; La Liga, EPL, Serie A.
    When every year its the same old story. How does it feel to know your team has hardly a chance of making to the CL or winning the league?!!
    How does it feel to have you best players leached off to bigger clubs and having to start from ground zero again?!!
    There needs to be something done about this!!
    I propose a salary cap within big leagues so this capitalism football is brought to an end.
    For it is not fair on the supporters of smaller teams to have to not have a fair chance of achieving goals, competition needs to become more balanced!

i 100% agree. all these middle of the table teams can do is hope for some rich oil sheiks to buy the club.

Comment

whats killing football is rich aholes randomly buying clubs. the traditional rich clubs have worked for their money. they started the same as everyone else.

Comment

lol is KC ALWAYS online? everytime theres a new thread theres a thank from him like 10 minutes after!

Comment

good point!
          Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
          My YouTube Channel

Comment

good point and bad point. yes it is the same teams every year, but the leagues r becoming so tight these days that other teams challenge, but yer wont win the league. Also if clubs get rich owners, then they will be able to buy the best players aka Man City who with money will become good.

By the way, Michel Platini said that if he could have a say with the Fifa board, that he wants salary caps introduced. I think that will ruin football. A-League (Australia) is already ruined coz of a shit and low salery cap

Man Utd =
            Current EPL Champions
            Current European Champions
            Current World Champions

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!

Comment

The biggest issue of this is actually in Iran where only Persepolis and Esteghlal are the teams that create media and have all the good players, no other teams get a saying in anything but somehow some still manage to win over Persepolis and Esteghlal lol.

Comment

epl is dystroying football
                epl has turned into a hollywood all the fans care about is the fashion, contracts, gossip, sponsers and other non football related stuff.
                rich people buy clubs to make more money, they dont care if its good football all they want is to use football as a tool to make money. the players in epl are all advertising tools not athletes most of them make more doing ads and making appearnces than actually playing.
                %95 of the fans of the big clubs are not true fans, they are drawn in by signing lots of good players then selling their jerseys and overflowing the market with merchendise. they may act like their true fans but there not.
                i read a comment on goal.com the guy said as soon as man c see some success they will get a whole bunch of fake fans jumping along saying i hav always been a city fan.
                epl's big 4 or 5 teams are another reason why epl is getting dystroyed in all other leagues in the world u always hav a surprise team but not in epl somepeople may say that the the top 4 is really exciting but that :bs: because its always gonna be the same teams in the top 4 teams but in a diffrent order
                then u hav that french douchbage wenger saying international football sucks, why Mr wenger, is it because its more exciting, because there is no money involved because the players and fans play and watch the game with pride and because there is always surprise team in international football
                10 years ago the team sponsers never changed it was always the same teams, why do u think they keep changing it?
                buy new jersey+new contract=$$$
                what do u expect from a league that is sponsered by jews and banks
                I got no time for a signiture

Comment

Originally posted by G0happy View Post
                  good point and bad point. yes it is the same teams every year, but the leagues r becoming so tight these days that other teams challenge, but yer wont win the league. Also if clubs get rich owners, then they will be able to buy the best players aka Man City who with money will become good.

By the way, Michel Platini said that if he could have a say with the Fifa board, that he wants salary caps introduced. I think that will ruin football. A-League (Australia) is already ruined coz of a shit and low salery cap
                  there needs to be a decent amount on the salary cap.

Not having a salary cap is not the solution and will further damage club football!

Comment

Lol says the Madrid fan.
                    This thread must've been created directly after the Galactico Era Nima jan. lol

Comment

Seria A had its glory & glamour days in the 1980s and 1990s

La Liga had its glory & glamour days with the Galacticos era

Now its the Premiership's turn.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milad-69 View Post
                        Lol says the Madrid fan.
                        This thread must've been created directly after the Galactico Era Nima jan. lol
                        i think it should have been created directly after a certain team had ronaldinho, messi, henry, etoo, xavi, and iniesta.

Comment

Lol I dont agree lets not forget that 1 every 4/5 years a random team gets into the top 4 of the epl. Nottingham forrest in '92. Blackburn in '95. Everton in '05.

And theres the teams that surprise aswell. 2 yrs ago reading beat man u in the epl. This year Hull beat Arsenal in the Emirates Stadium. Liverpool lost of Fulham last year as they struggled to not get relegated. This is the stuff that makes the league. If there was a salary cap, it would become the MLS - boring. 'Cus thats the only premierleague i know with a salary cap. And that league is boring

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                            i think it should have been created directly after a certain team had ronaldinho, messi, henry, etoo, xavi, and iniesta.
                            Hahahaha.
                            Ummm , FYI Messi, Xavi & Iniesta were all youth products and not market goods.
                            Eto'o was bought when he had no recognition (Sure in La Liga , But he wasn't a superstar) .
                            Henry was bought for 16 Million.
                            & We made profit on Dinho .

So , I don't see your point here?

Comment

Ha Ha

A bit late this thread is.

I've been saying this for years, how do you want a team like Newcastle with the best fans in the country to compete with teams that spend twice as much as we spent on Shearer and Owen on a defender?

Teams like Chelsea who had to beg fans to come watch games and buy tickets! in Manc United who if you go to a game wou'll barely see a fan from Manchester, all you'll see are ****neys and Koreans there to watch S.J park as part of theire vacation.

When the premiere league in England has only 27% starting (34% in total) English players and they wonder why the national team sucks!!

Greed & Glory Seeking

The good side: Teams like Croatia, Nigeria...who have lots of players playing there will improve while the only way for England is down, they know it, they had the warning signs but money wins.
                              ...............................................sigpic..........................................00000000 0000000000000000000000000..HOWAY THE LADS

Comment

Working...
                              X