• Show
Clear All

UFC 91 Card - Amir Sadollah In It!

Heavyweight Championship bout: Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar
    Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson
    Middleweight bout: Nate Quarry vs. Demian Maia
    Middleweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Nick Catone
    Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Josh Hendricks

So is this a saturday nite match up or something? Whats the date?

Amir is good and he has a great knock out punch/kick/knee BUT he plays very defensive and on the ground...i actually dont like the ground game

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      Amir is good and he has a great knock out punch/kick/knee BUT he plays very defensive and on the ground...i actually dont like the ground game

he's very good on the ground for his experience, he's going to be a sick fighter in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        LMAO you know nothing about MMA. First off- if you don't like the ground aspect of it, don't watch UFC... go watch K-1 or boxing. Second, don't try to act like you know anything about fighting, because you just failed miserably there. Amir Sadollah was the first TUF member to finish everybody, and he won alot of those matches on the show with submissions... that's not defensive at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SMZ View Post
          LMAO you know nothing about MMA. First off- if you don't like the ground aspect of it, don't watch UFC... go watch K-1 or boxing. Second, don't try to act like you know anything about fighting, because you just failed miserably there. Amir Sadollah was the first TUF member to finish everybody, and he won alot of those matches on the show with submissions... that's not defensive at all.

first off - i said nothing about me being an expert
          second - i do prefer to watch k1 over ufc

Comment

Originally posted by SMZ View Post

Everything you said is correct but did u have to say it in such an aggresive mannror?

as for Sadollah, i still need to see more of him. I think he has the markings of a true champion but i just didnt see a killer instinct in him during the TUF series. Others like CB and Brown just have killer instinct in there eyes.

the thing we need to remember is that he is going to be in the same division as Anderson Silva. Can he beat him?? ATM no chance, he will really need to improve if he wants to compete when his time comes to fight one of the best there ever was.

I hope Couture DESTROYS Lesner.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
              Everything you said is correct but did u have to say it in such an aggresive mannror?
              as for Sadollah, i still need to see more of him. I think he has the markings of a true champion but i just didnt see a killer instinct in him during the TUF series. Others like CB and Brown just have killer instinct in there eyes.
              the thing we need to remember is that he is going to be in the same division as Anderson Silva. Can he beat him?? ATM no chance, he will really need to improve if he wants to compete when his time comes to fight one of the best there ever was.
              I hope Couture DESTROYS Lesner.
              That's cause he's a clown - no literally, he's a very funny and comedic person who doesn't take life too seriously, but has shown he has ice in his veins as he won the UFC tournament when no one expected him to!

Comment

Originally posted by djmo View Post
                That's cause he's a clown - no literally, he's a very funny and comedic person who doesn't take life too seriously, but has shown he has ice in his veins as he won the UFC tournament when no one expected him to!
                Im talking about in the ring brother.

ppl like GSP, Silva and Fedor all have nice innocent smiles outside the ring but once inside they are deeadly mofo's that u dont want to cross.

I just dont see it in Amir's eyes yet.

Comment

Nick Catone is a powerful striker, but with smart tactics Amir can beat him. He needs to take him to the ground and finish him there. He's jujitsu is superb.

As for Couture, Brock match up....its going to be really interesting. Couture is a fantastic MMA fighter but Brock has the weight. LMAO he's muscles scare me more than Pauly Walnuts...

Comment

Originally posted by djmo View Post
                    Heavyweight Championship bout: Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar
                    Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson
                    Middleweight bout: Nate Quarry vs. Demian Maia
                    Middleweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Nick Catone
                    Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Josh Hendricks
                    I dont really watch UFC but its nice to see Iranians getting to high places in sports.

Also, Brock Lesnar?!?!? I thought he retired after he left WWE?

Comment

Originally posted by alborzb View Post
                      I dont really watch UFC but its nice to see Iranians getting to high places in sports.
                      Also, Brock Lesnar?!?!? I thought he retired after he left WWE?
                      Brock moved to the sport of MMA (mixed martial arts). He is nothing more then a money maker for the owners.

I guess steroid companies would also be making money with people seeing him

Comment

Old news, but thanks anyways.
                        sigpic

Comment

Brock moved to the sport of MMA (mixed martial arts). He is nothing more then a money maker for the owners.
                          I guess steroid companies would also be making money with people seeing him
                          Well, he pretty much owned the shit out of Heath Herring, and judging by the lack of good HW:s in the UFC, I am not surprised to see him fight for the title (or is it for the interim title? Big Nog and Mir are also scheduled to fight in january...).

UFC 91 has the best fighting card in a long time, IMHO.

Edit: Amir is a bit small for his weight class, I think he would benefit from switching to welterweight instead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
                            Well, he pretty much owned the shit out of Heath Herring, and judging by the lack of good HW:s in the UFC, I am not surprised to see him fight for the title (or is it for the interim title? Big Nog and Mir are also scheduled to fight in january...).

UFC 91 has the best fighting card in a long time, IMHO.

Edit: Amir is a bit small for his weight class, I think he would benefit from switching to welterweight instead.
                            You said it rite there with the bolded bit brother. There is a lack.
                            I have loved this sport for a very long time now and i really hate this media fighters that come along once in a while.

The worst thing is that he might be lucky enough to win and i still wouldnt think he deserved it. Its funny that my favourite fighter ever CroCop never won a HW title but this steroid balloon might.

sport can be real cruel sometimes.

Comment

You said it rite there with the bolded bit brother. There is a lack.
                              I have loved this sport for a very long time now and i really hate this media fighters that come along once in a while.
                              The worst thing is that he might be lucky enough to win and i still wouldnt think he deserved it. Its funny that my favourite fighter ever CroCop never won a HW title but this steroid balloon might.
                              sport can be real cruel sometimes.
                              No worries. Randy's gonna spank him like a child!

Comment

Working...
                              X