Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprise of the year

will this gay ever stfu?

Crystiano: Of Course I Should Win Balon D'Or!

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo believes that it would be 'logical' for him to win the prestigious European Footballer of the Year accolade...

The club form of Cristiano Ronaldo during the course of the 2007/08 season was nothing short of spectacular; the 23 year-old ended the campaign with 42 goals in all competitions, the top scorer award in both the Premier League and Champions League and claimed team honours with a winner's medal in both of those competitions.

He dispelled the notion that he was not a 'big game player' with Premier League goals twice against Arsenal as well as netting against Chelsea in the Champions League final.

Last week, Ronaldo won the FifPro World Footballer of the Year title and he expects to add to his individual honours list with the Ballon D'Or later in the year.

He told L'Equipe: "You could consider it logical and that's pretty much my opinion. But it's not me who votes. There are several candidates, but the person who has to win is he who was the best during the whole year.

"I was very consistent, I was a Premier League winner, I won the Champions League, I was the best European goalscorer, the best goalscorer in the Champions League."

The Portuguese captain also claimed the two individual honours in England with the Football Writers' award and the PFA accolade last season, and he now wants to put his disappointment at finishing second in the Ballon D'Or running last year to Kaka' behind him.

He continued: "I only think about me, about my progression. I don't worry about possible rivals. Everything I did, I did well, I succeeded in having an extraordinary season."

Ronaldo now admits that he is completely focussed on life with Manchester United after a summer of uncertainty. His flirtation with Real Madrid saw him almost head for the Old Trafford exit door, but he now insists that he is ready to fight for another year at the Red Devils.

He concluded: "I have my mind completely on the club. I am happy there. At the moment my aim is to get back to top form as quickly as possible and win as many trophies as last season."

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=941409

what would be funny is that, the Betting wise guys bribe Ballon peeps to announce someone else as the winner so they could OMFGWTF money.

Comment

he's right, of course he's gonna win

Comment

hes full of shit!
        sigpic

Comment

i think he deserves it.
          he was nothing short of spectacular last season.
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

he deserves it but he doesnt need to be a douche about it

Comment

Ronaldo: I Am The Best In The World!

Cristiano Ronaldo believes that he has done everything that he can to win the Ballon d'Or and FIFA World Player of the Year awards and claims that he is number one, two and three in the world.http://www.goal.com/en/news/1710/man...t-in-the-world

Comment

I think he means, "I am the first, the second and the third gayest player in the world."

Comment

English Debate: Is Cristiano Ronaldo In Need Of Fergie's Hairdryer Treatment And A Flying Boot To The Head?

Goal.com's Alan Dawson looks at Cristiano Ronaldo's recent comments to the press, together with his recent actions on the field, and asks whether Sir Alex Ferguson's world renowned man-management skills need to be put the Portuguese star to the sword...

Benjamin Franklin famously said that there are two certainties in life: death; and taxes.

A third could potentially be added to this exclusive list as an uppity utterance or arrogant action is either said or done by the man of the moment, Cristiano Ronaldo, on a consistent, weekly basis.

Manchester United's iconic number 7 yesterday claimed that he is part of a select group of men that are the strongest in the world, like Hercules.

Bigger Men Fall Harder

"Even the strongest men in the world - including legends such as Hercules - fall over at times. I am part of this group," he said.

A comparison spat with such pompous narcissism that it can only be laughed off, dismissed, and tossed into the gutter of not-to-be-taken-seriously headline-hogging trash.

However, some might claim that the analogy is perhaps more accurate than Ronaldo initially intended it to be. Hercules was indeed a great warrior but he was alleged to also employ cheap and dirty tricks for his own personal gain.

Comment

^^^

His personality plays no role imo. He is simply a good player - the best players are always the arrogant ones, the ones who believe they are the best and strive to keep themselves in that form. I don't think Man U really cares if he states he's god on earth - as long as he's disciplined and keeps putting in these performances, nothing else matters.

Sure, maybe we can judge him off the field and not be 'friends' with him, but 'friends' is the last thing Sir Alex needs right now - CR is a fantastic performer on the pitch and deserved this award. I could care less what he has to say about himself.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

what is this ronaldo obsession?

i think people who call him fag need to look at themselves too, just get off his nutsack

lol

Comment

I really like his skill and everyone knows he deserves it, but his attitude is the problem. He shouldn't be all up himself and say that he is the best in the world, he is god, he is a hero and that he deserves the trophy. He can think that, but shouldn't announce it public

Man Utd =
                        Current EPL Champions
                        Current European Champions
                        Current World Champions

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                          ^^^
                          His personality plays no role imo. He is simply a good player - the best players are always the arrogant ones, the ones who believe they are the best and strive to keep themselves in that form. I don't think Man U really cares if he states he's god on earth - as long as he's disciplined and keeps putting in these performances, nothing else matters.
                          Sure, maybe we can judge him off the field and not be 'friends' with him, but 'friends' is the last thing Sir Alex needs right now - CR is a fantastic performer on the pitch and deserved this award. I could care less what he has to say about himself.
                          Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                            ^^^

very well said! good job
                            Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
                            My YouTube Channel

Comment

messi deserves this one..!!

Comment

Working...
                              X