Which event are you most anticipating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which event are you most anticipating?

I guess the obvious answers here would be the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, but its always interesting to hear opinions, maybe some members here are more interested in the World weightlifting championships, or fiba world cup..or w.e

1) EuroBasket 2009

eliminate argentina and usa, and my boys have the best chance to at least podium here..following our disastrous eurobasket 2007 (4th place), our youngsters are getting solid time and it looks like ***ta Koufos of Utah is the centre weve been waiting for...im expecting at least a silver finish here, a gold would be great

2) FIBA World Championships 2010

this is the tournament im looking forward too most, but i can only judge based on how my boys do in EB09..but what i love about this tournament is the diversity in teams..olympics is 12 of the worlds best...there are 24 in this tourny...if Iran could make it im certain you guys could get a few wins, also, the tournament is in a beautiful country (turkey) and the amount of work the turkish government and sports department have put into making this tournament a success is tremendous.

3) FIFA World Cup 2010

granted greece makes this tournament they have my undying support..even if they blow it again...but frankly..once greece gets eliminated..i really dont care about the tourny..i dont want any other team to do well..i only care if teams i hate dont win it lol..i hope my team can put on a show..were really not as bad as people make us out to be

4) Winter Olympics 2010

besides the boring canadian commentating and the array of pointless dull winter sports, there is so much anticipation for this event...and i like BC's landscape..plus i always like to see the greek flag enter first lol
    Go Cows!

nrs

3)
    2)
    1)
    4)

in that order

Comment

ill also add

2009 UEFA U-19 Championships since greece will most likely be participating
      Go Cows!

Comment

obviously world cup 2010

Comment

all of your choices are because of Greece i doubt any one will care since this is a persian website

Comment

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
            all of your choices are because of Greece i doubt any one will care since this is a persian website
            well greece is the reason i am anticipating these events..the thread itself is asking which event you guys anticipate and why

some members could anticipate the world weighlifting championships since iran has a chance to do very well or the FIBA world champs since iran might suprise..

btw...im actually sokimag in disguise lol
            Go Cows!

Comment

Who gets banned next!

Comment

^^^

its gonna be a reality tv show on who gets banned next lol

any1 excited to see a FIBA Asia championships repeat...with or without yao lol
                Go Cows!

Comment

Im looking forward too:

1. The final matchday of the current WCQ's, to see if turkey and iran make it.
                  2. World Cup 2010, it will be great to see iran there, but i have a feeling turkey will make this one to remember.
                  3. The UCL Final 2008-2009, i really think arsenal has a shot and it going to be a great next couple of months in the ucl.
                  4. The Asian Champions League with perspolis.
                  5. The IPL with Perspolis.
                  6. the hafzi cup with perspolis
                  7. The next 3 matchdays of the UCL, fener must win our next 2 games and with a little help from some other teams, either make it to the next round or uefa cup.
                  8. NFL Playoffs because my redskins are taking it this year!! ha.

thats all i can think of right now lol

Comment

1) 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying - the start of the final phase in Africa
                    2) 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup - Egypt vs. Brazil, Egypt vs. Spain/Italy
                    3) 2008 FIFA Club World Cup - Ahly trying to improve on its 2006 bronze medal in this competition, if they survive the second leg of the CAF Champions League in Cameroon first

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
                      Im looking forward too:
                      1. The final matchday of the current WCQ's, to see if turkey and iran make it.
                      2. World Cup 2010, it will be great to see iran there, but i have a feeling turkey will make this one to remember.

3. The UCL Final 2008-2009, i really think arsenal has a shot and it going to be a great next couple of months in the ucl.
                      4. The Asian Champions League with perspolis.
                      5. The IPL with Perspolis.
                      6. the hafzi cup with perspolis
                      7. The next 3 matchdays of the UCL, fener must win our next 2 games and with a little help from some other teams, either make it to the next round or uefa cup.
                      8. NFL Playoffs because my redskins are taking it this year!! ha.
                      thats all i can think of right now lol
                      same for me

except I had a dream Iran and Turkey were in the same group and on the last day of group stage Iran needed a win to go to the next round and knock out Turkey. It was 1-1 and we (Iran) scored in injury time it's funny because Khabiti was the goal scorer with a screaming long range shot

I'm not joking. this is a real dream. would be epic if it really happens but won't happen lol

Comment

i got a new idea, when haddadi gets playing time
                        Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                        http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                        [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]

Comment

Working...
                        X