X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashkan Dejagah Will be Exactly the same:MUST READ

Boateng regrets decision on Ghana

Boateng played for several clubs in Europe including Hull City
    Hull City midfielder George Boateng has learnt to live with the fact that he will never play for Ghana because of a decision he made while a teenager.

Boateng acquired Dutch nationality in a bid to make it easier to get into Feyenoord's first team - a decision with far-reaching consequences.

"At 15, I had to change my nationality from Ghanaian to Dutch," he explained.

"At the time there were only three non-European Union residents allowed to play in the first team."

Now 33, he explained: "I had to change it to give me a better chance of playing at Feyenoord.

"As soon as I changed I played for the Holland Under-16s, then I played for the Under-21s at 19 and captained them for three years. My life was actually in Holland, I never kicked a ball in Ghana, only street football."

But the thought of playing alongside the richly-talented Stephen Appiah, Sulley Muntari and Michael Essien in the Black Stars engine room is one that struggles to go away.

"I can't play for Ghana now. Sometimes I wish it would have been different, because I didn't play that many games for the full Dutch national team, only seven or eight," he said.

"If I had played 30 games or more for Holland then it would not bother me as much.

I can't play for Ghana now. Sometimes I wish it would have been different

Geroge Boateng
    "Sometimes I wish that I had played with Appiah and Essien for Ghana, but that is life and you have to get past that."

Ghana made their World Cup debut in Germany in 2006 and Boateng supported the side as it reached the second round of the tournament.

He said: "I enjoyed watching them in the World Cup and when I saw Essien recently, we talked about how good it would have been for me to play with them for Ghana.

"But sadly, I will never get that opportunity to do so now. Instead, I have to be happy with being Ghana's biggest fan."

Boateng may still be an active player but that has not stopped him thinking about a career in management after he hangs up his boots.

And that is something he feels is now as much an option for black players as anyone else.

"It's great to have a black manager in the Premier League but I don't feel it matters anymore. It's 2008, it was a big thing that Paul Ince got the (Blackburn Rovers) job, but the door is open now," Boateng added.

"We've just got the first black American president - the chanc

i hate ashkan dejageh
    'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
    ~
    Cyrus the Great
    King of Kings, King of the World

Comment

Dejagha will learn his lesson!
      Formerly known as Persianking!
      Follow me @
      instagram/iranscout
      instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Askhan..is German not Iranian...so this should go to international news...i dont care for people that dont want to contribute to the success of our TM...I dont care about politics...I am a sports fan...

Comment

too shay..!!
          i would move this to international if i were a mod..!!

Comment

I will move this to International forum since once again it's about his choise of nationality. We will though keep threads regarding results and goals with Ashkan in Football forum.

Comment

YEA he'll regret it but i dont blame him for not picking Iran

Comment

i dont blame him at all
                people who are mad at dejagah, try putting yourself in his shoes

Comment

no he won't. hes a star in germany's u21

Comment

has there ever been a case where FIFA has overturned a decision and allowed a player to switch nationalities? i kno if a player has a strong and i mean STRONG case they could do it but i know of no such case
                    Go Cows!

Comment

germany v england tonight

no dejagah

Comment

ASHKAN DEJAGAH sucks
                        I got no time for a signiture

Comment

Originally posted by PFS View Post
                          ASHKAN DEJAGAH sucks
                          he is 2 overrated

Man Utd =
                          Current EPL Champions
                          Current European Champions
                          Current World Champions

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!

Comment

ok when did ashkan play for the the senior german team? not yet, so if he doesnt get a call up he could still change his mind, then it would be TM choice if they want him or not, not ours

edit*
                            nevermind i realized he cant since he played when he was 21, sucks for him
                            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]

Comment

Here we go again
                              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                              And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X