Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you support these football teams???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you support these football teams???

i've veen asked several times why I like the teams I do so I thought it'd be interesting for us to share why we support the football teams we support.
    It'd be appreciated to set in a bullet point so its easier to read.

-Barcelona
    >Beautiful attacking style of football, possession football.
    >UNICEF as its sponsor.
    >I like the individual players in the team such as: Messi, Xavi, Puyul etc.
    >They own the most beautiful stadium in the world: The Nou Camp.
    >They have this policy/intention of succeeding in Europe (UCL) other than the league itself.
    >I like Laporta and his thinking.

-Sepahan
    >My hometown team, Isfahan.
    >Great CEO, Mr.Saket.
    >Iran's most pro club in terms of management.
    >The team plays as a TEAM, "names" don't work.
    >same as Barca, they concentrate a lot on the continental cup glory.
    >one of the few teams in the IPl that I actually believe has a chance of success in the long term due to its proper management and most consistent perhaps.
    >one of the best youth development programs.

i will add more if I think of any.
    Ok now It's your turn!

GRACIAS PEP

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post
    i've veen asked several times why I like the teams I do so I thought it'd be interesting for us to share why we support the football teams we support.

-Barcelona
    >UNICEF as its sponsor.
    >The own the most beautiful stadium in the world: The Nou Camp.
    >They have this policy/intention of succeeding in Europe (UCL) other than the league itself.

Sepahan
    >Great CEO, Mr.Saket.

Ok now It's your turn!

if only our dear team melli was like that !
    sigpic
    !GORA OSASUNA!

Comment

Barcelona's stadium looks just like an NFL stadium.

Comment

comparing sepahan with barcelona is a bit ..... you know.
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Arsenal- when i was 6, my uncle sent me all this stuff about arsenal and ever since then, i have supported arsenal.

Fenerbahce- my team from turkey. i support them because they play in the asian side of turkey and have the most fanatical fans.

Perspolis- my dad is perspolisi. and ever since the day i was born, i have been for perspolis.

Comment

Originally posted by karimi79 View Post
            comparing sepahan with barcelona is a bit ..... you know.
            uncharacteristic of me?
            I know but i didn't compare.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by izadi17 View Post
              if only our dear team melli was like that !
              club teams always play more fluid than national teams but don't worry TM will start playing like a team after a few good friendlies matches.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
                Arsenal- when i was 6, my uncle sent me all this stuff about arsenal and ever since then, i have supported arsenal.
                Fenerbahce- my team from turkey. i support them because they play in the asian side of turkey and have the most fanatical fans.
                Perspolis- my dad is perspolisi. and ever since the day i was born, i have been for perspolis.

even Fener fans claim that they are not the most fanatical in Turkey

Comment

I started supporting Manchester United when I moved to UK, mainly because of Cantona, his flying kick was famous in Iran.

Comment

even Fener fans claim that they are not the most fanatical in Turkey
                    who has the most fanatical fans in turkey then? gala and bjk are weakkk

Comment

when i was 8 i played fifa 98 so i knew raul and roberto carlos and suker were all on real madrid and they were some of my favorite players in the world cup so i played with real. i didnt even know there was a rivalry with barca but i always played against them. i also played with liverpool because of owen.

Comment

Manchester United-i supported them from such a young age that i cant even remember, since then ive been a hardcore fan!

Persepolis- Again i cant remember because of young age but as my family is from Tehran and i think my mums uncle supported EsEs i always tried to piss them off by saying i support persepolis but then i rly fell in love with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by shayan20 View Post

-Barcelona
                          >UNICEF as its sponsor.
                          >They own the most beautiful stadium in the world: The Nou Camp.
                          >I like Laporta and his thinking.

-Sepahan
                          >Great CEO, Mr.Saket.
                          >one of the few teams in the IPl that I actually believe has a chance of success in the long term due to its proper management and most consistent perhaps.
                          >one of the best youth development programs.

Ok now It's your turn!
                          all your points are from current successful times, so basically your jumping on the bandwagon

Comment

Barcelona!!!!
                            Esteghlal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            i dont need to explain y i love these teams since its pretty abvious!!!
                            Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                            http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                            [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                            Villa + Messi =

Comment

i was nine years old, watching eurogoals on eurosport
                              and rivaldo scored a bicycle kick goal in the last minute vs valencia

lol after that goal i became a barca fan

Comment

Working...
                              X