• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Iranian woman crowned Grandmaster in chess

Iran's Pourkashiyan awarded GM title

Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:11:25 GMT

Iranian grandmaster Atousa Pourkashiyan

Iran's Woman International Master Atousa Pourkashiyan has been awarded the Grandmaster title at the 38th Chess Olympiad in Germany.

The Iranian national earned the title after she gained eight points in 11 games at the end of the Chess Olympiad in Dresden (Germany), IRIB quoted Iran's Chess Federation on Thursday.

Pourkashiyan won seven games and drew two others after competing with four grandmasters and five international masters during the event.

In the second round, the Iranian chess master drew with Ukrainian Woman Grandmaster (WGM) Kateryna Lahno but managed to defeat all of her opponents in the next five games.

The world chess organization FIDE awards the title Grandmaster to exceptionally qualified chess masters. Apart from 'World Champion', Grandmaster is the highest title a chess player can attain. Once achieved, the title is held for life.

One hundred fifty-four countries took part in the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden, on November 12-25.

HRF/JG/MMN

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510211
    'I couldn't doubt that I was meant to pursue a great destiny'
    ~
    Cyrus the Great
    King of Kings, King of the World

WOW, thank you!
    damesh garm!
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

wow! congrats to her.

Comment

wtf, on their official site there is nothing about her Oo
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

That's an amazing feat, i am very proud of her.

And the best news is she can start hanging arund wish Grandmaster Flash

Comment

Anybody here play chess?

Comment

^sometimes

they are some guys in my school that always play chess and once they wanted to play against me.
              hahahahaha I beat them

they realy thought they can win against me.
              it was so funny!

Chess is a Indian/Persian game!

Topic:
              Damesh garm
              Last edited by Nariman; 11-28-2008, 01:14 PM.
              Formerly known as Persianking!
              Follow me @
              instagram/iranscout
              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Someone should set up a PFDC chess tournament.

Comment

Working...
                X