Casillas, Nadal condemn Israel crimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casillas, Nadal condemn Israel crimes

Spanish athletes Iker Casillas and Rafael Nadal have both condemned Israeli atrocities against civilian Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas announced Wednesday that he would not attend New Year ceremonies in the central square of Madrid to show his great sadness over Israel's violent crimes.

"You will find it impossible to join people and laugh after you see what is happening in the Gaza Strip," 28-year-old Casillas said in an interview with the Fars News Agency.

The heavy assault on Gaza was also denounced by the Spanish professional tennis player, Rafael Nadal, on the same day.

"I keep telling myself it is against humanity if you don't help children in the Gaza Strip," Nadal, 23, said.

Israel has launched aerial attacks on Gaza starting from Saturday, killing at least 400 and wounding more than 1,925 people.

Meanwhile Israel has deployed tanks and troops along the border with the impoverished strip, raising speculation that a ground incursion into Gaza is on the way.

why don't you move this thread to general forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Asghar Agha View Post
      Well they are famous Athletes so I thought I mind as well put it in the General Sports section....but if the mods wanna move it to the General discussion forum, it's fine by me.

Comment

yeah i saw this on IRIB, dameshoon garm

Comment

Always loved Casillas. Used to hate Nadal but this makes me like him lol

Comment

I have a new-found respect for these two athletes.

Comment

saint iker!

Comment

My favorite (and the best) goalie.

Agh, I'll be happy if liverpool ties Real!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post
                  I have a new-found respect for these two athletes.
                  same

wow is all i gotta say

Comment

Originally posted by Asghar Agha View Post
                    yeah, plz move this to the general forum...this really has to be seen

Comment

Working...
                    X