Turks on the Market..Why dont they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turks on the Market..Why dont they go?

Im having trouble figuring out why the Turkish NT players have not found new clubs after their impressive Euro 2008 campaign..while not all the players on the NT can make an impact in the big leagues..there are more than a few who can play alongside the worlds best..

Arda Turan - I hear Galatasaray's owner says he will sell Turan once gala bring home a european trophy..which is a little weird..I dont think Gala can win the UEFA Cup this year (but you never know)..Newcastle sent in a 9m pound offer which was rejected..I dont think his stock will go up too much (based only on how well gala perform in europe)

Servet Cetin - A rock if ive seen one, if his facial hair doesnt scare you then his defence will lol, hes young for a CB and his stock is as high as it will get..why is he not being cashed in?

Semih Senturk - Ill be the first one to tell u Semih is a decent striker at best, but its always the ones everyone think are just decent that turn out to become big players, Im not sure if there is much interest for him among european clubs but hes a talent none the less.

other players like sabri and volkan are great, im suprised more turks didnt move after euro..is this just a loyalty to their clubs? do the turkish clubs really believe they can be a force to reckon with in CL and UEFA Cup? is management stubborn or do turks have a habit of becoming homesick?

maybe Turkum and IranSoccer#8 can help me with this one, I know mehmet aurelio left for betis (hes one of my favourite players)

I just think its weird the young guns havent left, they can only get better in a bigger league
    Go Cows!

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
    Im having trouble figuring out why the Turkish NT players have not found new clubs after their impressive Euro 2008 campaign..while not all the players on the NT can make an impact in the big leagues..there are more than a few who can play alongside the worlds best..
    Arda Turan - I hear Galatasaray's owner says he will sell Turan once gala bring home a european trophy..which is a little weird..I dont think Gala can win the UEFA Cup this year (but you never know)..Newcastle sent in a 9m pound offer which was rejected..I dont think his stock will go up too much (based only on how well gala perform in europe)
    Servet Cetin - A rock if ive seen one, if his facial hair doesnt scare you then his defence will lol, hes young for a CB and his stock is as high as it will get..why is he not being cashed in?
    Semih Senturk - Ill be the first one to tell u Semih is a decent striker at best, but its always the ones everyone think are just decent that turn out to become big players, Im not sure if there is much interest for him among european clubs but hes a talent none the less.
    other players like sabri and volkan are great, im suprised more turks didnt move after euro..is this just a loyalty to their clubs? do the turkish clubs really believe they can be a force to reckon with in CL and UEFA Cup? is management stubborn or do turks have a habit of becoming homesick?
    maybe Turkum and IranSoccer#8 can help me with this one, I know mehmet aurelio left for betis (hes one of my favourite players)
    I just think its weird the young guns havent left, they can only get better in a bigger league
    I agree with you partially, but no way VOLKAN is worth a penny. This guy caused great damage to fenerbahce in the Champions league. Even my turkish friends make fun of him. Also Servet lacks consistency.

Comment

yea volkan has made some mega blunders but he can be solid (but yea feners campaign was the worst...not even osfp the former whore of europe had finished a group with 2pts)

do you think colin-kazim richards could be good? from what i hear hes a hothead and havent seen much of him to impress me
      Go Cows!

Comment

good thread Demis!

I was hoping Arda wud leave for a better club, but that hasn't happened yet

ur right about Senturk...he's decent, nothing AMAZING

Cetin does lack consistency, like Armani said.

i think a player like Boral and Sarioglu cud be special...but they play idiotically sometimes

Comment

The thing with the turks is that when you play for galatasary, fenerbahce, or beskitas... Your treated like royalty. These guys are some of the most famous people in turkey. They get to live in beautiful istanbul aswell. They really don't have that much incentive to leave. Why play for a mid level bundesliga team when you can play for a top team in turkey. The ucl and uefs cup are another reason I don't think Turks move abroad. Fener brought in some big names as did gala for the ucl and uefa cup.

I definatly think should be playing in England right now. Servet I could see playing for a top bundesliga team. I heard rumors volkan was going to England aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
            The thing with the turks is that when you play for galatasary, fenerbahce, or beskitas... Your treated like royalty. These guys are some of the most famous people in turkey. They get to live in beautiful istanbul aswell. They really don't have that much incentive to leave. Why play for a mid level bundesliga team when you can play for a top team in turkey. The ucl and uefs cup are another reason I don't think Turks move abroad. Fener brought in some big names as did gala for the ucl and uefa cup.

I definatly think should be playing in England right now. Servet I could see playing for a top bundesliga team. I heard rumors volkan was going to England aswell.
            That's just it.. life is just better at home for much of these players. It's not always easy to get accustomed to Western European culture if you come straight from Turkey (from what I hear). It's easy for us to think it's no big deal, as most of us grew up in the West.

It's the same thing with Egypt, after dominating the African scene at the club and national team levels for the past several years (against teams with top Euro-based stars), non Egyptians wonder why so few Egyptian players have moved on to Europe. Besides the clubs being bastards about selling them, they're simply living it up like royalty in Egypt.

Comment

your on the money about the glamorous life in turkey and istanbul but wrong about besiktas having any credibility especially with fener and gala in the picture lol

this is also similar in greece, living the life (im telling you josh childress can do w.e he pleases in athens lol) im sure the younger turkish players like turan will eventually try their trade in a big league
              Go Cows!

Comment

Hakan Sukur left for Torino in the 90s and His Turkish friend would tell Him how everyday they had a picture of him in the newspapers crying about missing home.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  Hakan Sukur left for Torino in the 90s and His Turkish friend would tell Him how everyday they had a picture of him in the newspapers crying about missing home.
                  loool

Sukur was on the religious side, i think he missed being around other Muslims n such

that Gala team that won the Uefa Cup was religious, they all prayed together...etc....

I think he just wanted to be around other Muslims or something

Nihat is the exact opposite, refusing to play at home

Comment

loool

Sukur was on the religious side, i think he missed being around other Muslims n such

that Gala team that won the Uefa Cup was religious, they all prayed together...etc....

I think he just wanted to be around other Muslims or something

Nihat is the exact opposite, refusing to play at home
                    reminds me of the Pakistan cricket team from late 2003 until the Cricket World Cup 2007. Became infiltrated by the Tableeghi Jamaat preaches via ex-star Saeed Anwar, the rest of the team became all pious and religious and prayed together...had beards etc and were very paband and stuff about Sirat-ul-mustaqeem

the public back home thought, this piousness and devotion to Allah will lead the team to success at home and abroad (including a trip to Hindu India) and the public thought a first World Cup win since 1992 would come Inshallah Subhanallah Alhamdolillah.

boy they were so wrong as even Ireland beat Pakistan at cricket in the 2007 World Cup
                    sigpic

Comment

even after wc 2002 the turks didnt really move around, only those who were already playing abroad..and i cant blame but get so frustrated when i hear players getting homesick..especially with so much talent
                      Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                        reminds me of the Pakistan cricket team from late 2003 until the Cricket World Cup 2007. Became infiltrated by the Tableeghi Jamaat preaches via ex-star Saeed Anwar, the rest of the team became all pious and religious and prayed together...had beards etc and were very paband and stuff about Sirat-ul-mustaqeem

the public back home thought, this piousness and devotion to Allah will lead the team to success at home and abroad (including a trip to Hindu India) and the public thought a first World Cup win since 1992 would come Inshallah Subhanallah Alhamdolillah.

boy they were so wrong as even Ireland beat Pakistan at cricket in the 2007 World Cup
                        That's cause they forgot to do this

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                          even after wc 2002 the turks didnt really move around, only those who were already playing abroad..and i cant blame but get so frustrated when i hear players getting homesick..especially with so much talent
                          alot of our players that are abroad were not even born in turkey, like the altintops, nuri sahin, basturk, and erdinc.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
                            That's cause they forgot to do this

But maybe they did
                            sigpic

Comment

nuri sahin has been a little under the radar, a few seasons ago he was considered one of the worlds biggest talents...is he doin well in holland?
                              Go Cows!

Comment

Working...
                              X