Follow Hamed Haddadi's NBA updates here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bynum out with 5 fouls, he pulled an offensive on him

if haddadi keeps playing more consistent he'll get better, u can tell he's a little stiff out there, he needs to get used to real games with the crowd and the sounds

Comment

Tuesday, the Lakers came in looking for vengeance. Sure enough, they blasted to a 32-18 lead. But the Grizzlies came back inspired by . . . Hamed Haddadi?

Yes! Hamed Haddadi!

The Man from Iran. He came in, got a quick assist, a bucket, another bucket and a block. Except the officials didn't give him credit for the block, which was only a two-handed stuff in front of everyone.

No matter. Where Hamed leads, the Grizzlies follow. By halftime, the Grizzlies were within five.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...g-time-finish/

Second-year center Hamed Haddadi's sudden appearance last Sunday has earned him a supporting role.

Griz coach Lionel Hollins announced Tuesday night that Haddadi would supplant rookie Hasheem Thabeet as the backup to starting center Marc Gasol

"I just made a decision that I'm going with Hamed just like I made the decision that I'm going with Marcus (Williams at point guard)," Hollins said. "You just feel something and you want to see something and you want to change. You run with it and see what happens. How long will this last? I don't know."

Haddadi entered the game for Gasol with 11:06 remaining in the second period. The 7-foot Iranian displayed an immediate contrast to Thabeet.

Haddadi played credible defense against Lakers forward Pau Gasol. Offensively, he appeared aware and in tune with the Grizzlies' schemes such as when he received the ball near the basket and fed Darrell Arthur for an easy layup. Haddadi soon grabbed an offensive rebound and immediately scored a put-back goal.

He also completed a 3-point play after he pump faked and scored a layup while being fouled by Gasol.

Haddadi finished with six points and two rebounds in his 17th appearance this season.

Haddadi's first three minutes against the Lakers were as effective as the Grizzlies have seen this season in that role. His performance was also a continuance of the six-rebound, solid defensive effort Haddadi gave Sunday in a win at New Jersey.

"I want to give Hamed a shot. He's done well in practice. And then he goes in the game and does a little bit better than I expected," Hollins said. "I want to see if he can continue to do that. Everybody has to earn playing time. We're at that stage of the season where we've given a lot of guys an opportunity. We need to give other guys opportunities."

Asked about Thabeet's demotion and what it says about the No. 2-overall draft pick, Hollins responded with: "It says nothing. He's just going to be sitting on the bench. I'm not going to criticize Hasheem."

Hollins said he's simply rewarding Haddadi for his work ethic.

"He's a guy who can get some offensive rebounds and guard the basket," Hollins said. "We'll see if he can do it on a high level."

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...role-improves/

Comment

yup! the coach said last nite hamed is OFFICIALLY the back up center for marc gasol

Comment

HAMED SHIREH! d

Comment

I watched the game. I saw how when he came in the grizz cut and took the lead. If it wasn't for the best player alive doing his usual thang , This would have been Hamed's game
            ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
            Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
            Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
            forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

today; 1st half of wizards game, he's already played 6 min and he has 4 points, 4 rebounds, 1 block and 2 fouls

Originally posted by Babak
              Just for the record: I would have no problem with the current trade if Masoud were making it with another team in playoff contention who would have an INCENTIVE to get better. Although Williams is the better option than Flynn going forward, the trade is not lopsided enough to be vetoed just based on the players involved.

The fact that the trade is with his friend, who is also in 11th place and has no chance of playoffs, suggests the trade is collusive, intended to help Masoud. For this reason alone, it should be vetoed. This rule has always applied in every legitimate fantasy league, and this one is no exception.

u sure u got the right thread?

Comment

Oops, wrong thread. My bad.

Comment

game over booyyyysss....haddadi is now the fan favorite

ALMOST a double double; 14min, 8 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block, 3 fouls

Comment

Damesh garm. I hope he keeps improving.

Comment

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetai...NewsID=1040759

Comment

thabeet is going to the d-leauge

hamed should get lots of playing time until the end of the season

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            thabeet is going to the d-leauge

hamed should get lots of playing time until the end of the season

2nd overall pick going to D-League

Comment

Good job HADDADI

Comment

hell yesss

this is what weve all been waiting for

but god damn who saw nick young put him on a poster last night least hope for not too much more of that

Comment

Working...
                                X