Chelsea Searching for Asian Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea Searching for Asian Players

Chelsea are looking to break into the Asian market as they plan to make themselves a global brand.

Blues chief executive Peter Kenyon made a visit to Kuala Lumpur to explore possible development into Asian football after meetings with Asian Football Confederation officials.

The Blues have been propelled into the European elite by the billions of Russian owner Roman Abramovich, but they are looking at how to increase their profile in Asia.

"We have been watching the development of Asian football from afar, and fully understand the future of this area," said Kenyon.

"Our clear objective and vision is to develop Chelsea as an international club. This would not be possible without taking Asia very seriously.

"Chelsea's mission is to build success, not buy success . This is directly compatible with the AFC's plans.

"From what I've seen today with AFC's development programme, Vision Asia, it will not be long before Asian football is on a par with European football.

"More importantly, they are very targeted, and committed to delivering logical, quality programmes that provide long-term benefits. This is definitely where Chelsea wants to be positioned also."

Source:
    http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?h...s+look+to+Asia

I personally think they will be looking for Japanese and Korean players, since the market over there is much bigger than middle east, but still very good for Asia

the only asian player good enough to start on their team is Mahdavikia
    The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

He wouldnt have a chance in this team, sorry. Maybe as a sub, but not for starting formation.
      What John Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange!
      [Zlatan Ibrahimovic]

Comment

Mourninho almost dont have any consistant starer except Lampard and Terry, He rotates every player except those two.
        Man that team is so full of stars and talents and i also dont think any asian players will fit in their team.
        They are probably looking for selling shirts in Japan.

Comment

Yes, of course they are. They need an asian star, because of getting more famous in asia. They don't need the money, they got enough, but they want to say "Look, We are Chelsea!".
          What John Carew does with a football, I can do with an orange!
          [Zlatan Ibrahimovic]

Comment

maybe kazemian will go!

Comment

they're looking for Korean,Chinese or Japanese players...they don't look at Iran as they want these Asians for marketing reasons.

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
              CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K
                they're looking for Korean,Chinese or Japanese players...they don't look at Iran as they want these Asians for marketing reasons.
                Thank you, a very clear point that people didnt seem to get.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Iran may be in the Asia Continent but Iranians are far from Asian.

We are not counted as Asia and by Asian I am sure as many of you have pointed out Chelsea were reffering to Far Eastern Countries.

Unfortunately the rise of Middle Eastern football is still in progress so it will take time for clubs to scout Iranian players.

Middle Eastern football is underated on the world stage and countries like Iran have to deal with the consequences.
                  Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

THey should get :

AKBARPOOR

or

NEKOUNAM

Comment

Oladi good for them

Comment

Karimi will go there next season after he sets Germany on fire with his performances

Comment

Working...
                        X