• Show
Clear All

We concentrate on qualifying for 2010 FIBA WC

http://www.mehrnews.com/en/NewsDetai...?NewsID=820736
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

RIP aidin nikhah bahrami, he is really missed!!!
    we will 100% qualify for fiba
    Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
    http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
    [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
    Villa + Messi =

Comment

beat argentina? we should beat china first. lol

so which teams are participating and is it only first place that goes or more??

Comment

if we win, im going to try my hardest to go to the tourny in turkey.

Comment

If Iran makes it to the 2010 WC Im sure they can win a game or two there..Im gonna go with the obvious and say Lebanon, China and Iran make it out of Asia, and i hope China gets in Greece's group again

have the groups been made for the AsiaBasket 09?
          Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
            If Iran makes it to the 2010 WC Im sure they can win a game or two there..Im gonna go with the obvious and say Lebanon, China and Iran make it out of Asia, and i hope China gets in Greece's group again
            have the groups been made for the AsiaBasket 09?
            so is it 3 teams that qualify?

how often is this world championship? i thought there was one recently

Comment

the tournament is held every 4 years...Spain are the defending World Champions and the USA have not won the tournament since 1994 (very interested to see who will be the new boys on the team...Im hoping for Durant)

last event there were four asian teams (but Japan was host)..so I think it should be 3 places this time around
              Go Cows!

Comment

i think we can make top 3, if not then we surely dont deserve it

good thing its in august so haddadi can come back

Comment

There is a new wave of Iranian basketball players who are going to potentially be world class calibre players.

Arsalan Kazemi (Rice Uni recruit), Mehdi Shirjang, Emad Salmani, Mohammad Amjad etc who are in the U18 squad all have a good chance of being the new NT. This U18 which is the current Asian Champions will compete in the FIBA World Youth Championship to be held in NZ later this year.

The future is bright for Iranian basketball.
                  Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

I believe China was the only asian nation to reach the knockout round last tournament (WC 2006)..and in reality you only really have to win 2 games to advance (given +/- too but hey)...and im confident iran can beat teams like panama, venezuela, senegal, nigeria etc. and sure they can also 'upset' (although not that big of an upset) against teams like new zealand and puerto rico.. so i hope iran does well...plus maybe greece can meet iran in the knockout round so we can avoid a lithuania or so lol

if iran wants to become a solid bball nation, they must develop smart and skillful guards...nations like germany, australia, china, turkey and so on have great frontcourts, but their backcourts are not that great and cannot compete
                    Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by princeofpersia1 View Post
                      Arsalan Kazemi (Rice Uni recruit), .

did he get picked already??

i havent heard from him in a while

Comment

maybe after this we will see more iranians in the NBA

Comment

i still think samad nikkhah is good for nba, he can ball...

but for his size i guess there are enough nba players...but i wish he could get a chance to play in d-league to get noticed or something

Comment

there should be alot of support for Iran since it wont be difficult for the fans to travel to turkey
                            Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                              there should be alot of support for Iran since it wont be difficult for the fans to travel to turkey
                              hopefully!
                              most young iranians cant leave the country cuz of military issues

Comment

Working...
                              X