X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st ever Iranian to play NCAA basketball

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...o_make_nc.html

THANKS TO princeofpersia1 FOR THE ARTICLE

Arsalan Kazemi, only 18 years old, he's going to play college basketball at RICE university in North Carolina next year.

However, Rice is a small college, ranked 86th and NO PLAYER EVER made it to NBA from that school. I'm not sure he made a smart decision, considering sooo many other good schools wanted him; oaklahoma state, maryland, etc...

it looks like he didnt make a good choice
    lol!
    I got no time for a signiture

Comment

rice....over maryland????????????????????

Comment

wtf rice? He was being recruited by like every big 12 school and maryland...wtf!?!?

well whatever...good luck

Comment

and his high school is one of the best in the nation...i really dont understand. He had an offer from seton hall too...

Comment

fcukn A i hope he is the next big thing and show them mofos what he can do
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

believe me if i had a chance to talk to him i would tell him to STAY AWAY from maryland, we have an unbelievable Korean kid but he never gets playing time

lets hope he does well, im sure he will try his hardest to make a good impression

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
              For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

MAYBE he picked RICE cuz it felt more like home

Comment

he is not the first Iranian. There was this guy named ramin who transferred from SMC to USC and played pac 10 ball for 2 years
                  ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                  Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                  Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                  midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                  forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                  Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

maybe he wants to be the first iranian in rice and the first player to make it to nba from there.

Comment

no way UNC would offer him a spot unless he was a walk on

good luck to him

Comment

no way UNC would offer him a spot unless he was a walk on

good luck to him
                        who said anything about unc?

he did have an offer from memphis, who were runner up last year

Comment

i misread Ekbatan's post...Rice in North Carolina???

theres no such thing...

he's playing for Rice in Houston

Comment

you never know. there is always a first. he might get more playing time there and that might attract NBA scouts

man if i could play college bball and could go anywhere i would so play for DUKE

Comment

i misread Ekbatan's post...Rice in North Carolina???

theres no such thing...

he's playing for Rice in Houston

oh maybe it is in houston, i know he's goin to high school in North Carolina
                              thats what my dad was saying; The famous Rice is in houston

Comment

Working...
                              X