What is your take on Allen Iverson??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets put another comparison out there.
    whos led their respective team to championships?
    i think that question alone covers it

Comment

Antwan Jamison once had 2 straight 50 point games. So by your definition he must be better than AI cuz AI never did that
      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
        bro, there is no magical "getting team to championship" skill. its done through passing, shooting, blocking, defending, etc... a player can only do so much. iverson has been proven to be a better offensive player by outscoring and outassisting kobe. kobe is better at defending. maybe kobes team goes further because he is a better defender, or they have a better coach, or all of the other players on the team have something to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
          AI was really good for a couple of years but even back then I remember once Kobe shut down AI for the entire second half. When was the last time anyone shut down Kobe??
          On the other hand Kobe has been great forever!! I remember some journalist once said becasue he is always on top notch unbelievable form, people tend to take him for granted cuz he has no up and downs. Its just a constant up form.
          But I guess if there is one person in this world who thinks ali daei is the best player in the world, there can be 2 people thinking AI is better than Kobe!
          Shane Battier.. talk about all the time

Comment

Originally posted by KevinisGQ View Post
            Shane Battier.. talk about all the time
            This post belongs to the entertainment forum, specifically in the jokes thread!!

Thanks Kevin. You made my day!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2009011310
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
              bro, there is no magical "getting team to championship" skill. its done through passing, shooting, blocking, defending, etc... a player can only do so much. iverson has been proven to be a better offensive player by outscoring and outassisting kobe. kobe is better at defending. maybe kobes team goes further because he is a better defender, or they have a better coach, or all of the other players on the team have something to do with it?
              There is no magical "getting team to championship", but there is a characteristic that only a few players have and thats leadership.

Comment

This post belongs to the entertainment forum, specifically in the jokes thread!!
                Thanks Kevin. You made my day!!
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2009011310

pffft... put your statistics away sweet cheeks, even i can post some statistics

theres obviously a reason our beloved battier has gotten the name "The Kobe Stopper"

He makes Kobe work, kobe still ends up scoring alot of points, but has a really bad FG %

Kobe scored 33 points vs the Rockets but it took him 34 shots!!!!!! that is DEFENSE for u

No one can really stop kobe but Shane battier makes him work.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinisGQ View Post
                  pffft... put your statistics away sweet cheeks, even i can post some statistics
                  theres obviously a reason our beloved battier has gotten the name "The Kobe Stopper"
                  He makes Kobe work, kobe still ends up scoring alot of points, but has a really bad FG %
                  Kobe scored 33 points vs the Rockets but it took him 34 shots!!!!!! that is DEFENSE for u
                  No one can really stop kobe but Shane battier makes him work.
                  exactly so why would you call him the kobe "stopper"!!?? and who calls him that?? People in houston??

First the AI kobe comparisons and now the battier claims. IN a couple of weeks we'll have some brooklyn guy claim starbury is better than kobe

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
                    There is no magical "getting team to championship", but there is a characteristic that only a few players have and thats leadership.
                    thank you. took the words out of my mouth

Comment

explain "leadership" please. is it talking? or does kobe hit his jump shots in a way that motivates his teammates lol. so kobe is a better basketball player because he motivates his team by talking? lol. thats the coaches job anyway.

Comment

well every star player has their own way of motivating their players..and yelling at your team mates doesnt necessarily mean it will further motivate them..

if you ask me the NBA is going downhill...referees are becoming more shifty, the players seem to be all friends with one another (where is the hatred and distaste we all know from the jordan era) and these players comparisons are ridiculous
                        Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                          well every star player has their own way of motivating their players..and yelling at your team mates doesnt necessarily mean it will further motivate them..
                          if you ask me the NBA is going downhill...referees are becoming more shifty, the players seem to be all friends with one another (where is the hatred and distaste we all know from the jordan era) and these players comparisons are ridiculous
                          money is the root of all evil. players are getting payed too much so they dont give a damn. im still surprised they even half-try on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                            money is the root of all evil. players are getting payed too much so they dont give a damn. im still surprised they even half-try on the court.
                            that was the USA remedy for success from 2001-2007...i guess if they try they can work well..like they did in Beijing

come to think of it...who's left thats a real badboy in the NBA?

Ben Wallace used to be, Artest has calmed down (and rightfully so)...wheres the beef?
                            Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
                              neither of them, shaq led the lakers to the championship those years

oh and persianbruin

http://www.nba.com/sixers/features/iverson_041220.html

Quick, name the last 76ers player in franchise history to score back-to-back 50-point games. Wilt Chamberlain? Dr. J? Charles Barkley?

Nope on all of them. It was Allen Iverson who became the first player in 76ers/Nationals franchise history to record back-to-back 50 point games. Iverson dropped in 54 points against Milwaukee on Dec. 18, and then he followed that up with 51 points against Utah on Dec. 20.

Comment

exactly so why would you call him the kobe "stopper"!!?? and who calls him that?? People in houston??
                                First the AI kobe comparisons and now the battier claims. IN a couple of weeks we'll have some brooklyn guy claim starbury is better than kobe
                                lol why would i just call him that? thats his nick name! alot of people know that. i wasnt comparing him to battier, i like kobe.. but i had to state the fact

heres his wikipedia, it's even in the bottom bottom paragraph : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Battier#NBA

Battier's most recent life achievement is earning the title "The Kobe Stopper" as one of the best defenders of Kobe Bryant. His approach to guarding Bryant is based on his own analysis of Bryant's tendencies, combined with the Rockets' statistical analysis. For example, the Rockets have determined that Bryant is noticeably more effective when driving to his right as opposed to his left, shooting immediately off a pass instead of shooting off the dribble, and getting on the baseline or in the paint as opposed to other locations on the court. Battier then seeks to encourage Bryant to operate in zones where he has proven to be statistically less effective; in some games, his defense on Bryant has actually made the Lakers' offense worse from a statistical standpoint than if Bryant were not playing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X