Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
    kobe > iverson

no doubt! stats dont explain everything...kobe has 3 championships and 2 runner ups at finals....iverson had 1 runner up in finals i believe which they were swept or lost 4-1
    iverson was in a crappy team so he did all the work, as opposed to kobe who was in a world class team, so u cant compare stats.....overall if i was to pick a team, i'd pick kobe cuz i can trust him more than iverson
    Yea, something like the Durant case on OKC, he is doing very good in crazppy team.

Comment

i think this kobe phenomenon only really came into full effect when he averaged 35.4 pts a game (which is absolutely insane) in the 05/06 season..before that people werent so kobe crazy i feel..every1 was talking about Nash, AI, Duncan

i like kobe, but i hate how the fans and media make it seem like kobe in unstoppable
      Go Cows!

Comment

1:30 pretty much clarifies everything.

Comment

i cant believe people are putting ALLEN IVERSON in the same sentence as KOBE BRYANT ( i know i just did but people compare AI to kobe!).

like persianbruin said, theres no comparison. not a knock on AI but kobe has been the better overall if you take everything into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
            i cant believe people are putting ALLEN IVERSON in the same sentence as KOBE BRYANT ( i know i just did but people compare AI to kobe!).
            like persianbruin said, theres no comparison. not a knock on AI but kobe has been the better overall if you take everything into consideration.
            allen iverson not in the same sentence as kobe? you live in toronto right? Do you remember when vince and the raptors played iverson and the sixers in a 7 game series, and iverson put up 50 3 times in 7 games? You dont think someone who does that deserves to be in the same SENTENCE as kobe bryant?
            oh and to whoever said iverson was a point guard, he was a point guard for his first year with philly and about a week with the nuggets. He is a shooting guard.

Comment

thats the series i was trying to remember, ahhh the days.
              i really miss the AI from the sixers man, he was awesome

Comment

AI was really good for a couple of years but even back then I remember once Kobe shut down AI for the entire second half. When was the last time anyone shut down Kobe??

On the other hand Kobe has been great forever!! I remember some journalist once said becasue he is always on top notch unbelievable form, people tend to take him for granted cuz he has no up and downs. Its just a constant up form.

But I guess if there is one person in this world who thinks ali daei is the best player in the world, there can be 2 people thinking AI is better than Kobe!
                ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

I can't even believe this conversation is taking place. Milad, all of those 'prime years' that you point to? That was Iverson when he was on a team where he did all the scoring and most importantly he was in the EASTERN CONFERENCE. Back then the eastern conference was the biggest joke. Check there record in the finals. Before Miami winning (due to the worst officiating this side of korea in 2002) the eastern conference record was 1-6 since jordan retired. To even compare stats between the two players is idiotic. Kobe played against the best teams night in and night out while iverson had the pleasure of ripping apart sh it teams like the wizards.

And The reason why Iverson failed in Denver has been noted by many basketball writers like J.E. Skeets, Bill simmons, and Adrain Wojnaraksi (sp?): The guy cannot function within a team setting. He wasn't the main go to guy as he and Carmelo (another overated idiot) had to share the ball. He also had JR smith (a streaky scorer) on the bench to contend with too. He never was totally in control. Also his defensive skills has been noticeably become worse. And before you start looking up his stats for steals and making a big deal about them realize that GOOD DEFENSE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STATS. Look at bruce bowen, that guy is arguably the best defender in the game. He can shut down anyone, and look at his stats for steals and blocks; they aren't paticularly impressive are they?

In conclusion, kobe>iverson by a landslide. And this is coming from a guy who hates kobe with a passion.
                  The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
                    I can't even believe this conversation is taking place. Milad, all of those 'prime years' that you point to? That was Iverson when he was on a team where he did all the scoring and most importantly he was in the EASTERN CONFERENCE. Back then the eastern conference was the biggest joke. Check there record in the finals. Before Miami winning (due to the worst officiating this side of korea in 2002) the eastern conference record was 1-6 since jordan retired. To even compare stats between the two players is idiotic. Kobe played against the best teams night in and night out while iverson had the pleasure of ripping apart sh it teams like the wizards.
                    And The reason why Iverson failed in Denver has been noted by many basketball writers like J.E. Skeets, Bill simmons, and Adrain Wojnaraksi (sp?): The guy cannot function within a team setting. He wasn't the main go to guy as he and Carmelo (another overated idiot) had to share the ball. He also had JR smith (a streaky scorer) on the bench to contend with too. He never was totally in control. Also his defensive skills has been noticeably become worse. And before you start looking up his stats for steals and making a big deal about them realize that GOOD DEFENSE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STATS. Look at bruce bowen, that guy is arguably the best defender in the game. He can shut down anyone, and look at his stats for steals and blocks; they aren't paticularly impressive are they?
                    In conclusion, kobe>iverson by a landslide. And this is coming from a guy who hates kobe with a passion.
                    well said. repped. and i agree, good defense has nothing to do with stats (some people never get that)

also adrian wojnarski is a very good bball writer

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                    allen iverson not in the same sentence as kobe? you live in toronto right? Do you remember when vince and the raptors played iverson and the sixers in a 7 game series, and iverson put up 50 3 times in 7 games? You dont think someone who does that deserves to be in the same SENTENCE as kobe bryant?
                    oh and to whoever said iverson was a point guard, he was a point guard for his first year with philly and about a week with the nuggets. He is a shooting guard.
                    i remember that playoff series like it was yesterday
                    lets put it this way, kobe is still playing like he was 6-7 years ago (even better in ways) and as for AI, he has pretty much died down considerably compared to his philly days.

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
                      you can say all you like but fact is iverson is a better scorer, passer, and stealer. kobe is better at defense but overall iverson is the better guard; at least offensively.

Comment

baba. Nate Robinson > both of them. end of discussion

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
                          baba. Nate Robinson > both of them. end of discussion
                          is he cash?

Comment

^ he is pure money in the bank

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
                              ^ he is pure money in the bank
                              no wonder we are in a recession.

Comment

Iverson is good and skillful with the ball but hes not 2 much of a team impact player . Kobe has great athleticism and balance, he can carry a team to a victory unlike A.I

Comment

Working...
                                X