Four bids to host EURO 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four bids to host EURO 2016

UEFA announced on Tuesday it had received four bids to stage the Euro 2016 championships by Monday's deadline. They are France, Italy, Turkey and a joint bid from Sweden and Norway.

European football's governing body will next examine the submitted details of the bids to confirm which are eligible to go forward to the next stage. UEFA's executive committee will take a final decision on or about 27 May 2010. The 2012 tournament will be held jointly by Poland and Ukraine.

The 2016 championships will see the number of teams increased from 16 to 24, a move which contributed to the decision of Scotland and Wales to end their interest in staging a joint bid.

Italy, which last held the European championships in 1980 and France, the hosts in 1984, will likely start the next phase of the campaign as favourites with Turkey hoping to convince UEFA to take the competition into new territory.

Norway and Sweden joined forces after recognising that neither country would be able to launch a solo bid with 24 teams taking part.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ne...host+euro+2016

i would vote for turkey..but they are an up and coming power and a euro 2016 host will only help them..and i dont want that lol..so im gonna say France

so Turkey hosting WC 2010..and maybe even a euro 6 years later..not bad
    Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
      i would vote for turkey..but they are an up and coming power and a euro 2016 host will only help them..and i dont want that lol..so im gonna say France
      so Turkey hosting WC 2010..and maybe even a euro 6 years later..not bad

Comment

lol sorry should have been more specific.. FIBA 2010 World Championships
        Go Cows!

Comment

ohhh

Comment

France and Italy just seem too mundane and redundant when it comes to hosting big tournaments. I'd rather someplace new, preferably Turkey. If they don't give it to the Turks then I'd rather Sweden/Norway.

Comment

lol @ Turkey trying to host Euro while they cant maintain the security even for WCQ matches.

Comment

an euro would do italian football very good.

the current state of the italian stadiums is pretty desolate. when I watch serie A matches I automatically assume its a crap league, because of the crappy stadiums.

hosting a euro would be a good reason to build some new stadiums, or renovate all those old stadiums

the only classy stadium in italy, that really can make a match look better, is the one in turin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post
                  France and Italy just seem to mundane and redundant when it comes to hosting big tournaments. I'd rather someplace new, preferably Turkey. If they don't give it to the Turks then I'd rather Sweden/Norway.
                  ya i wud prefer turkey too

Comment

Originally posted by maniei View Post
                    an euro would do italian football very good.

the current state of the italian stadiums is pretty desolate. when I watch serie A matches I automatically assume its a crap league, because of the crappy stadiums.

hosting a euro would be a good reason to build some new stadiums, or renovate all those old stadiums

the only classy stadium in italy, that really can make a match look better, is the one in turin.
                    r u serious bro? they are rennovating the delle alpi in turin, milan has san siro 80.000 ppl one of the best in the world roma has the stadio olimpico the stadium in florence is beautiful. the only crap ones are those ones in sicily cuz nobody cares for sicily
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

i'm hoping for sweden/norway since i live in norway

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                        r u serious bro? they are rennovating the delle alpi in turin, milan has san siro 80.000 ppl one of the best in the world roma has the stadio olimpico the stadium in florence is beautiful. the only crap ones are those ones in sicily cuz nobody cares for sicily
                        The only stadium which is suitable for Euro is the Turin one, I still remember after the fans violence incident, Italian Federation announced all stadiums need to upgrade their security facilities and renovate.

Comment

the euro in turkey would be amazing!! imagine the celebrations if turkey wins!!

Comment

^^^

well there would be another headline that day: 20 yr old greek commits suicide over turkey triumph
                            Go Cows!

Comment

Working...
                            X