March Madness is here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

March Madness is here...

And that means another Final Four appearance coming for the only school in the history of this nation to have won 100 NCAA titles. My fellow Bruins, hal konin:

PFDC March Madness Bracket created by Mojo23

Go here:
    http://tournament.fantasysports.yaho...ster/joingroup

Click on "Join group"

Enter these details:
    Group ID #: 62339
    Group Password: PFDC

March Madness!
    Final Four is in Detroit btw! There is a good chance i will be going to one of the games.

P.S. Babak, you are dreaming. There is absolutely NO WAY UCLA will win it this year. 0% chance.
    Last edited by MoJo23; 03-12-2009, 02:59 PM.

Comment

i will be in Iran unless if the final is gonna be april (?)

Comment

I just made it a PFDC group on yahoo. Make sure you join.

There is also a chance to win some money.
        Perfect bracket can win 1 million while the best bracket will win 10 grand.

Go here:
        http://tournament.fantasysports.yaho...ster/joingroup

Click on "Join group"

Enter these details:
        Group ID #: 62339
        Group Password: PFDC

Babak, add this info onto your first post.
        Last edited by MoJo23; 03-12-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          i will be in Iran unless if the final is gonna be april (?)
          Final four matches are April 4 and the final is April 6.

Comment

Big East tournament gets good tonight.

West Virginia (who beat the much talked about UCLA in both 2006 and 2007 ) takes on (2) arm Pitt in about an hour.

Comment

dont follow college basketball, but any news on rice?
              Arsalan Kazemi plays there

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh View Post

West Virginia (who beat the much talked about UCLA in both 2006 and 2007 ) takes on (2) arm Pitt in about an hour.
                That's going to be one hell of a game!
                Btw, did you/are you attending West Virginia?

Originally posted by radin119 View Post
                dont follow college basketball, but any news on rice?
                Arsalan Kazemi plays there
                He is currently a senior in high school. He will attend Rice next year.

Comment

yea it'll be nice if Rice makes it next year, they are ranked pretty low so they have to do really good from the beginning

Comment

Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post
                    That's going to be one hell of a game!
                    Btw, did you/are you attending West Virginia?
                    Yup, graduated from WVU in '07 . I know, "wtf was an Egyptian doing in West Virginia?" . While I was only one of a few of Egyptians there that I knew of, there was a pretty sizable Iranian community believe it or not.

Comment

Yup, graduated from WVU in '07 . I know, "wtf was an Egyptian doing in West Virginia?" . While I was only one of a few of Egyptians there that I knew of, there was a pretty sizable Iranian community believe it or not.
                      That's pretty cool. My younger brother really wants to apply there for some odd reason.
                      How did you like like the university? Campus/overall academics/parties...?
                      Any negatives on your part?

----

Sorry for the off-topic talk..
                      Last edited by MoJo23; 03-12-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJo23 View Post
                        That's pretty cool. My younger brother really wants to apply there for some odd reason.
                        How did you like like the university? Campus/overall academics/parties...?
                        Any negatives on your part?

----

Sorry for the off-topic talk..
                        Haha I bet I know why , http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...082001242.html

Positives:

- Friendly town. It has a southern feel with everybody saying "hi" and being helpful.

- When you combine cost of living, quality of life, safety, etc., it's one of the best small towns to live in in the country:
                        * 2007: 9th best Boomtown City in Country, by Inc.com
                        * 2007: 9th "Best Small Place for Business and Careers" in US, by Forbes[19]
                        * 2006: 29th Smartest Place to Live in US, by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
                        * 2006: 5th Best Place for Business and Careers (Metros less than 150,000 population), by Forbes
                        * 2006: 12th Hottest Small City: Boomtown (Metros less than 150,000 population), by Inc. Magazine
                        * 2004: 3rd Best Small Town In America, by Men's Journal
                        * 2002: Graded "A" in Economic Development (#21 out of nation's 496 micropolitan areas), by BizJournals.com
                        * 2000: #1 Dreamtown in Country, by BizJournals.com

- Beautiful landscape and campus. Morgantown is located within the famous Appalachian mountain range. The fall foliage is heavenly. Seeing endless green hills outside of my window definitely kept my stress level down during exam time.

- Award-winning Personal Rapid Transit System (PRT). This thing is pretty awesome and makes transportation a sinch.

- Extra-curriculars. There's a club/organization for everybody on campus (including a Persian Students Association, and a Muslim Students Association if he's interested, though that's mostly Desi). The new multi-million dollar recreation center was completed in 2003 I believe, and has everything you could ask for from countless basketball courts to a climbing wall. The football games are always an adventure. Tiny Morgantown becomes by far the most populace city in West Virginia on Saturdays. Consistently one of the 20 hardest venues for visitors to play in.

- The ladies . Tons of hotties. But the dudes stay in shape too so the ladies have their pick. Tell your bro to be ready for competition.

- Cost of living. My rent was $535/month for a one bedroom in one of the better, more scenic parts of town .

Negatives:

- Not very diverse. 90-something% of the school are whities. In a way this is good as you don't have as many fallaheen (what you call dahati I think). But you do have that "I'm different than most people here" thing in the back of your mind walking through the Mountain Lair (student union building). Ironically lots of the professors are minorities though. I remember talking to at least one Egyptian and one Iranian professor, both in the physics department.

- Residency status. Trying to get instate residency is a royal *****. Make sure you switch as much as you can, including drivers liscence and vehicle registration, to West Virginia as soon as you move.

Neutrals:

- Big-time party school. This can be fun and well for obvious reasons, but it can also get annoying when all you hear is music thumping at 1 AM while you're trying to sleep.

Academics:

The academic experience will probably be just like that of any major land-grant university. Typical state school in a typical college town. There will be some classes with 300 people, and other with only 20. There were always enough resources though (computers, and in my case broadcast video and recording hardware as I was a Broadcast Journalism major) and these resources were generally new.

Hope this helps.

Game over, WVU just beat second ranked Piss (our arch rival) by 14. Big upset

Comment

There is NO WAY UNC isnt going to win it this year, seriously.

Comment

Dukeeeeeeeeee

Comment

The same thing I told mojo: who cares about early season losses!

Babak,
                              Double rep as soon as I spread around enough for that first post!!

mojo,
                              UCLA lost 3 players to the NBA draft, all 3 are starters for their respective teams. OFCOURSE they won't win it!!!!!!!!! I just want them to make a splash. They should get at least to sweet 16 but if they make it to the final 4 I will be very happy
                              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X