Who is EPL's best striker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianMadrid7 View Post
    he is top scorer, but he doesn't affect Chelsea as much as Torres affects Liverpool
    liverpool doesn't really have many other offensive threats (kuyt is pretty much a midfielder), so I agree.

But still, Chelsea would not be in the top 5 even, if it wasn't for Anelka.

I still say Anelka, followed very closely by Torres.

V Persie has also been very good the second half.

Comment

obviously the madrid born one.

Comment

im sure if a great player farts also in madrid, milad will proudly mention it
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
          im sure if a great player farts also in madrid, milad will proudly mention it
          hey just mentioning the facts.

Comment

torres

Comment

Anelka does nothing against Big teams.
              he scores 3-4 goals when we play awful teams like Stoke.
              then misses empty nets/other chances against United, Arsenal..
              I personally get frustrated when im watching him play, because he always complains about not being put in the centre, then when he is put in the centre. He runs out on the wings all game....

Comment

Depends what your definition of a striker is, a natural goal scorer or a complete player?

Goal Scorers Anelka, Drogba, Torres, Carew & Keane
                Complete Strikers: Van Persie, Tevez & Rooney (new and unselfish)

But being Arsenal fan the versatility of Van Persie makes him the Best Striker in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Astroboi View Post
                  Depends what your definition of a striker is, a natural goal scorer or a complete player?
                  Goal Scorers Anelka, Drogba, Torres, Carew & Keane
                  Complete Strikers: Van Persie, Tevez & Rooney (new and unselfish)
                  But being Arsenal fan the versatility of Van Persie makes him the Best Striker in the league.
                  so are you removing Torres and Drogba from the "complete strikers" list?

Torres is just as complete of a striker as Rooney and Van Persie if not more. Torres has everything, he has strength, height, speed, versatility, skill and finishing. And with his goal record this year, and with the fact that he was injured for some time, he is the best striker in EPL IMO.
                  The Worker-communist Party of Iran (WPI)
                  For the struggle in Iran: "In retrospect, all revolutions seem inevitable. Beforehand, all revolutions seem impossible.
                  http://iransolidarity.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...id=96192296995
                  http://worker-communistpartyofiran.blogspot.com/
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/WPITV

Comment

Torres is just as complete of a striker as Rooney and Van Persie if not more. Torres has everything, he has strength, height, speed, versatility, skill and finishing. And with his goal record this year, and with the fact that he was injured for some time, he is the best striker in EPL IMO.
                    i think he meant things such as passing, vision, being able to do other things other than look for goal.

Comment

Originally posted by raminio05 View Post
                      i think he meant things such as passing, vision, being able to do other things other than look for goal.
                      ....I thought strikers were supposed to always supposed to "look for goals"...

haha and torres has great vision and passing too. Just look at the portsmouth game where he assisted kuyts goal. (i think it was the PM game.)
                      Last edited by fishyboy1209; 03-18-2009, 06:02 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez and Even Ronaldo are all natural midfielders & playmakers while Torres, Anelka, Drogba are all natural Strikers "Goal Getters".

This is the reason why i classified them into two catergory's its similiar to the "Henry vs Van Nistelroy" they are to different type of striker's. One that can set up as well as he can score and the other one can only really score.

Thats my opinion though

Comment

Originally posted by fishyboy1209 View Post
                          ....I thought strikers were supposed to always supposed to "look for goals"...

haha and torres has great vision and passing too. Just look at the portsmouth game where he assisted kuyts goal. (i think it was the PM game.)
                          he often looks for goal first.

the others look to create the best chance of scoring. thats the difference.

Comment

Torresssssssss

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
                            Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Van Persie's natural position is NOT striker...so i think he's to be taken out of consideration

Comment

Originally posted by raminio05 View Post
                                by far torres is the best striker in the EPL and in the world

and for you ppl who say he cant pass or he's not a complete striker, stfu and watch this:

Comment

Working...
                                X