Haddadi year recap - Last game of NBA season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haddadi year recap - Last game of NBA season

Last memphis game is on Thursday against Atlanta Hawks (nypimp we need some highlights and game updates)

Overall i think he ended the season well. It didn't look very good for him at the beginning of the year and he was a bench warmer with 0 playing time. He was sent to d-league twice and after his 2nd return, he put up a great game against Denver Nuggets (one of the best in the league) After that he played almost every game with his min. fluctuating between 4-15min./game

He was successful mostly in blocks and rebounds, his scoring and free throws not bad. He showed why he blongs to NBA and his coach is satisfied and every commentator says good things about him. I think he'll have a great year next year if they give him more playing time.

What are your thoughts?

I think he will really improve this summer. He has gained some confidence, and the more he learns english the better he will get. Also, the team and fans have gained confidence in him. I think he needs to work on his conditioning though in the offseason. He is very slow out there, and as a result fouls alot. Hes never gona get consistent minutes if he cant stay out of foul trouble

Comment

i think he was a great deal especially considering how low they paid him. he will make a great center off the bench for memphis next year

Comment

^^he got roughly 1.5 million this year, not really low considering minimum is under in the hundred thousands and is usually not guaranteed, where his is guaranteed.

summer league activities will help him develop. his size is a big plus for him so it will help him in the league but honest opinion, i dont see much area for him to gain starting minutes since he will always have to play behind Marc Gasol. there is NO WAY they will ever start hamed over him, considering he is there future piece (gave away an all star for him, his brother)

i see a better year for hamed coming up, but i dont see him sticking around in memphis but rather being traded somewhere else.

Comment

^^^i disagree with the last part, darko is probably going to europe and i see him as gasols backup for a while.

Comment

Great to have a iranian in the NBA and i am sure he will not be the last one.

Comment

darko should go to europe, he hasnt performed considerably well anywhere and has an attitude problem, all darko has on haddadi is athleticism and nba experience..haddadi should have a better nba career (not that this should be to hard) and if memphis is smart they should really work on him hard this summer
              Go Cows!

Comment

Apparently he's coming in 5 weeks early for next year's season

he's gonna participate in the rookie camp to get more practice

Comment

I have the feeling that basketball might be a sport where we Iranians could be really good at. At least I am looking forward to what the future (investments) in Iranian basketball will bring us.....

Comment

Originally posted by Armani View Post
                    I have the feeling that basketball might be a sport where we Iranians could be really good at. At least I am looking forward to what the future (investments) in Iranian basketball will bring us.....
                    we could be if they put up more basketball courts around town and in schools

Comment

anyone have a link?
                      i cant find one
                      atdhe is audio only

Comment

the hawks commentator talked about how much of a suprise haddadi was before he came in, and how they were down 8 in the 4th 1 game vs golden state, he came in, and they were up 3 when they went out. So far in the first half the best moment was when he checked in the fans went WILD lol. The first time he was fouled he was going in for a really strong dunk and his momentum took him by some fans standing behind the basket and they were all high fiving him...that was school.

He did miss his first 3 free throws, had a VERY ugly travel, (he changed pivot foots like 3 times lol, the commentator called it the iranian shuffle), and his man scored 3 times, though not his fault at all. He had a nice block as always...its amazing how he gets a block literally EVERY game, some centers starting go 30 mins a game and hardly ever get a block...just ask nene on my fantasy team

and the box score missed something, he had another defensive play where he stripped the guy as he was going up, and they usually score that as a steal or a block cause its kind of a toss up, but they didnt give him anything. Maybe someone else got a hand on it before it went up and they gave him the steal, but it was a nice defensive play

Comment

marc gasol could really become an elite offensive center, maybe 2nd best center in the east behind howard. Has some of the best post moves in his position. Defensively id take haddadi tho

Comment

Well Personally It think He is better Suited to another team because In memphis He didn't get enough playing time . But the question is Will he have any more time of he had this season if he get traded to another team?
                            It would be Great If Raptors takes him Even If i live Montreal 6hours away from Toronto i would still go and watch him !
                            sigpic

Comment

^^^if darko leaves he'll get plenty of playing time

Comment

Working...
                              X