Football Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football Theory

This is driven by many discussions I had with some female colleagues who football doesn't make any sense to them....they kept saying: why is it that 22 guys are kicking a single ball !!

That's where the theory came....I keep telling them that:

" There will be many wars in the world if football didn't exist "

In football we compete, we lay down daily stress, we express desires, amusements, frustrations...we fulfill that aggressive nature of being the best. Don't you think football is major distraction from being at war with everybody else ? !

I find this true for many sports but football has the most worldwide popularity which is why I think it has the largest impact.

nice thread!
    It can lead to a nice philosophical discussions.

I move it to General and International Sportsforum as it is more general then Persianfootball related.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Taking it down to a primitive level, footbal and other team sports that revolve around one point of interest (a ball in most cases) are tied to our instinctual want to hunt.

Just the same way a dog has a hard time chasing after a moving object, we have not been able to completely get over our instinctual excitement of "the chase".

All that said, thats just my theory based on observations, and it really has no scientific standing that i know about.

Comment

lol my grandma would say let me buy them some more balls so bichareha dont have to run around after 1 ball so much.

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
        Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

Originally posted by El Matador View Post
          " There will be many wars in the world if football didn't exist "
          I agree. When I talk to women who just don't get the appeal of football I tell them it's the only thing men in every nation care about. It's the glory, pride, and competition of war without any of the tragic stuff (for the most part). Every team you beat or tournament you win is something you've conquered, and you know the nations involved care just as much and put just as much effort into it. It's war without the economic and human costs.

Comment

Working...
          X