Phoenix Coyotes might move to Hamilton.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phoenix Coyotes might move to Hamilton.

The NHL Hockey team Phoenix Coyotes are bankcrupt, Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie wants to buy the team and bring them to his native city Hamilton, the problem is Garry Bettman commisioner of the NHL is oposed to this project, anyway it looks like its the end of the Phoenix Coyotes, its almost sure they will move out of Phoenix, the only big US city who is interested to have a hockey team is Seatle.

its gonna be tough for the NHL to dismiss his bid..Forbes lists the phoenix coyotes as around 140 million dollars (http://www.forbes.com/sports/lists/2...126.html)..the last thing the NHL wants to do is relocate franchises, but it seems bleak..PHX are not gonna profit anytime soon and to offer an extra 100million for the club is definitely a deal sweetener

I am down for another NHL team in Ontario..its guarenteed a success for the first 2-3 seasons (just like TFC) but from then on I question how vigorous a Hamilton market is..
    Go Cows!

Comment

I still rather see a team in Winnipeg.

Heck even the east coast needs one.

2 teams in Ontario is enough for now.

Comment

yea hes the owner of blackberry.

Comment

i dout bettman will let the coyotes leave phx... but i think north west of U.S. could use a hockey team and seattle would be perfect. and start a nice rivalry between canucks and seattle team and call it battle of north east or something lol

http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=421715

Comment

Yes!! If they get a team in Hamilton, I'll perhaps go watch them play!

Comment

Bettman won't allow it. He hates the Canadian teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
                i dout bettman will let the coyotes leave phx... but i think north west of U.S. could use a hockey team and seattle would be perfect. and start a nice rivalry between canucks and seattle team and call it battle of north east or something lol
                http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=421715
                Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Bettman won't allow it. He hates the Canadian teams.
                Very thrue, that is why i think the coyotes will move to Seatle instead of Hamilton.After the lost of their NBA team they are searching for another sports team to full the hole.

Comment

i think hamilton culd fill the arena almost every game, but the leafs games will be a joke... ive been a leaf fan my whole life nd i dont see that changing if hamilton gets a team, and i think there are many others who feel the same way

but canada definately deserves another team.. its so stupid, its our sport, we have 6 teams in a 30 team league, and all 6 teams sell out almost every game

look at detroit and new jersey, theyve had amazing teams for how many years and they cant even sell out their friggin games, its soo soo stupid
                  ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

guys wolveriene has lived part of his life in canada

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
                      guys wolveriene has lived part of his life in canada

barriiikalllaaaa... hame tashfighesh koniddd

hoooorraaa

Comment

the declining interest of hockey in some franchise cities is definitely not doing the NHL well..hockey has gotten pretty unpopular from a pretty good peak 10-15 yrs ago..

canada deserves another franchise..heck most of the players in the league are canadian
                        Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
                          the declining interest of hockey in some franchise cities is definitely not doing the NHL well..hockey has gotten pretty unpopular from a pretty good peak 10-15 yrs ago..
                          canada deserves another franchise..heck most of the players in the league are canadian
                          Very thrue, but only problem is that all big canadian cities have a hockey in NHL, Hamilton, Winnipeg and Quebec are small citie and exept for Hamilton i don't think they can handle and afford to have a NHL Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shamim View Post
                            Very thrue, but only problem is that all big canadian cities have a hockey in NHL, Hamilton, Winnipeg and Quebec are small citie and exept for Hamilton i don't think they can handle and afford to have a NHL Team.

i live in hamilton, and it has gotten very big in the last 10 years. although copps coliseum needs some upgrades it was built for the purpose of housing an nhl franchise, also just about everybody here loves the maple leafs, and its impossible to get tickets for their games, so i dont see there being a problem for hamiltonians. whenever the leafs had an exhibition match it would sell out, when team canada played in copps it sold out, when the bulldogs do well it sells out, the reason why the bulldogs dont do better than what theyre doing now is because thats the mtl canadiens farm team and nobody likes the canadians.
                            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                              i live in hamilton, and it has gotten very big in the last 10 years. although copps coliseum needs some upgrades it was built for the purpose of housing an nhl franchise, also just about everybody here loves the maple leafs, and its impossible to get tickets for their games, so i dont see there being a problem for hamiltonians. whenever the leafs had an exhibition match it would sell out, when team canada played in copps it sold out, when the bulldogs do well it sells out, the reason why the bulldogs dont do better than what theyre doing now is because thats the mtl canadiens farm team and nobody likes the canadians.
                              Where is the Maple Leafs farm team???

Comment

Working...
                              X