Memphis Grizllies Get the #2 Pick in the NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis Grizllies Get the #2 Pick in the NBA Draft

Memphis Grizzlies have the #2 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft.
    Hasheem Thabeet, Blake Griffin, Ricky Rubio?
    What does that mean for Hamed?

Griffin will be #1 pick. Rubio is a PG , and will most likely be 2 pick. so no effect on hamed'

Hasheem Thabeet is a centre but i dont think he will be top 3 picks
    Last edited by persian boy; 05-19-2009, 07:20 PM.

Comment

yeah there is a lot of talk on rubio being second. i think clippers will go for blake. hasheem thabeet will be a work in progress just like hamed is so i highly doubt the griz will go for him

Comment

so Memphis is PFDC's official team?

Comment

so Memphis is PFDC official team?
          for now, until haddadi moves to the lakers
          Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
          http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
          [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
          Villa + Messi =

Comment

hamed's gonna be a sick ass player if they let him play, im sure of it. This guy can become one of the best centers in nba

Comment

man the Wiz are never lucky, we had a 17.8% chance to get 1st and we get 5th!

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
              We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
              For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

Rubio is definitely the 2nd pick. Griffin is going to be first, and I believe Thabeet will be third (I think he'll be a bust, but as the saying goes - you can't teach height)

Comment

James Harden is my early prediction for rookie of the year

Comment

James Harden is my early prediction for rookie of the year
                    haha im going to his school next year, asu...even though he had some bad games last year and was inconsistent, he was the ENTIRE arizona state team, itll be interesting to see how he does when the entire defense isnt focused completely on him.

It would have been amazing if memphis got the 1st pick, griffin would fit in perfectly in the 1 positioin they really need, and there is no way the clippers are gonna trade down. Rubio is the obvious 2nd pick, but since memphis already have pretty decent point guard in mike conley, i think they should trade down for a veteran power forward.

Conley
                    Mayo
                    Gay
                    decent proven PF
                    Gasol

Bench:Haddadi

thats a pretty legit team actually

Comment

rubio is a no brainer. He is just too talented to pass on.
                      ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                      Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                      Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                      midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                      forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                      Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

espn got me worried...i was at a restaurant and they were showing it on the tv and they had them picking thabeet I dont think there is any way that would happen

Comment

It's going to be Griffin

Rubio is a great player but I think Griffin is the safer pick...

Thabeet is Olowakandi Ver. 2.0...he can do well in the right system...and could even be a stronger/heavier less injury prone version of Marcus Camby

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                            haha im going to his school next year, asu...even though he had some bad games last year and was inconsistent, he was the ENTIRE arizona state team, itll be interesting to see how he does when the entire defense isnt focused completely on him.
                            It would have been amazing if memphis got the 1st pick, griffin would fit in perfectly in the 1 positioin they really need, and there is no way the clippers are gonna trade down. Rubio is the obvious 2nd pick, but since memphis already have pretty decent point guard in mike conley, i think they should trade down for a veteran power forward.
                            Conley
                            Mayo
                            Gay
                            decent proven PF
                            Gasol
                            Bench:Haddadi
                            thats a pretty legit team actually
                            my youngest bro wants to go there...I get upset with him when he brings it up

He has a chance to get a Volleyball scholarship if he grows a few inches (he just turned 16 and is 6') so I hope he follows that.

Comment

I dont know why all of you guys are making it a certainty that Rubio is going #2 to Memphis.

They already have a good, young point guard that they wasted a lottery pick on in Mike Conley Jr. He also performed rather well in the tail end of the season last year.

Memphis has a lot of options open to them, they can either trade down like nypimp said, or take Thabeet/Rubio. Thabeet is a monster on the defensive end and I dont agree with Turkum that he is Olowakandi v 2.0. They are 2 different players entirely. Thabeet is more of a Greg Oden/Dikembe Mutombo type of defender. No arsenal of offensive skills, but great in defending the rim, blocking shots, and rebounding. Something Memhpis needs. They have all the offense in the world, but no defense. Now the question is, how confident is Memhpis in Marc Gasol's abilities??

Memphis can really go either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X