No announcement yet.

Canadiens and Leafs fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-1, 2-1 so far... Habs r the real winners!

The only problem with tonight's lineup is that Aebischer is in net, and he's probably going to cost us the game.

Comment

Aebisher wasn't good, but the whole team played awful, specially in defense. Anyways, Huet needed a rest, it was a good move to rest him.

I am starting to like more and more Chris Higgins, the kid will score 20 goals in his rookie year, not bad at all.
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Kovalev's hit on Tucker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1ZfF...search=Kovalev

Comment

tucker deserved it.
          The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

If Kovalev used his shoulder would that have been legal?
            STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
            A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Originally posted by Montreal
              what the hell was that? why were they fighting and no one doing anything about it? the commentators were talking as if it was normal. you people are messed up!

Comment

Originally posted by aidin
                what the hell was that? why were they fighting and no one doing anything about it? the commentators were talking as if it was normal. you people are messed up!
                If you don't like it go watch figure skating....

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
                  If you don't like it go watch figure skating....
                  i didn't say i don't like it so don't tell me what to watch . i just don't understand how you can watch people beat the s**t out each other and act as if it is normal. in pretty much any other sport, actions like that would disgrace the sport.

Comment

i didn't say i don't like it so don't tell me what to watch . i just don't understand how you can watch people beat the s**t out each other and act as if it is normal. in pretty much any other sport, actions like that would disgrace the sport.

Theres a saying here, "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out", ice hockey and fighting are synonymous, usually what you just saw ends up with players being sent out of the game, most fights are strictly between 2 people who usually agree to fight.

Whats crazy is lacrosse which has fighitng but no skates so thats practically a street brawl.

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
                      Theres a saying here, "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out", ice hockey and fighting are synonymous, usually what you just saw ends up with players being sent out of the game, most fights are strictly between 2 people who usually agree to fight.
                      Whats crazy is lacrosse which has fighitng but no skates so thats practically a street brawl.
                      agree to fight? lol!! do they have like a list? "hmmm who should i call to agree a fight with tomorrow?"

Comment

lol, I’m not a big fan of the fights (some of the hits r ok) but it’s actually a lot worse in Europe where it’s supposed to be punishable… where three Romanian players battered a goaltender with their sticks and I knew (watching the clip) that he would die, but somehow he managed to survive the incident. Whereas in North America players like Marty McSorley have been charged with “assault with a weapon”, for much less brutal things.
                        Also, it’s not very easy to stop a hockey player with your stick (it’s a fast-paced game) without tripping or “hooking” and if the only way to stop him is with a hit, however weak, fights are still likely to break out, because certain players are responsible for the wellbeing of their team mates (like Tie Domi). Again it depends on how u look at it, it makes the game more entertaining, yes, but there’s a lot more to it… I remember watching “Hockey Night in Canada” last week and I saw a clip where (I don’t remember the players’ names) two players got into a fight, and after they went out to serve their penalty, as a kind gesture, one of the concerned players offered the other a pack of ice. So I don’t think most of these players are as aggressive as you think… they’re gentle and effeminate beasts : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ5Y4...al%20Canadiens

Comment

(lol at the video)
                          intresting, i'm not saying that it ain't entertaining, it's just that as professional sportsmen who earn a hell of a lot of money, they have a responsibilty to the younger generation, they need to show some control and restrainent. ofcourse fights and abuse occurs in sport but what i'm saying is that people act as if it's normal (which i now know it is) and it seemed that no one really wanted it to stop and thats what i reckon is wrong and crazy.

Comment

Working...
                          X