Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Ittihad at it again? No chance now :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al Ittihad at it again? No chance now :)

This is from the Sunday People newspaper in the UK reproduced by BBC.

Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad will offer former Manchester United skipper Keane £1m for 10 days' work at the World Club Championship. (People)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/4475092.stm

Are there no rules that a player must have been with the club for a certain length of time before they can become eligible to play in this mini tournament?
    Last edited by fsec; 11-27-2005, 04:05 AM.

god they've got far too much money

Comment

Can someone please explain where they get all this money from !!! My friend calls them 'Chelsea of the East'
      Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by princeofpersia1
        Can someone please explain where they get all this money from !!! My friend calls them 'Chelsea of the East'
        Could it be that Chelsea is the Al Ittihad of the West instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooz
          god they've got far too much money
          So does Chelsea .
          I read that Al Ittihad also wanted Ronaldinho and Kaka on loan for a few weeks for the world club championship. The funny thing is that ven though the clubs have so much money, orze nadaaran baazikone khoob tarbiat bokonan. I haven't heard of any Saudi (or Arab) in the upper layer of world football. With that money they should build training facilities instead of buying old stars.
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
          And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z
            So does Chelsea .
            I read that Al Ittihad also wanted Ronaldinho and Kaka on loan for a few weeks for the world club championship. The funny thing is that ven though the clubs have so much money, orze nadaaran baazikone khoob tarbiat bokonan. I haven't heard of any Saudi (or Arab) in the upper layer of world football. With that money they should build training facilities instead of buying old stars.
            They do that. They have excellent facilities etc. But you have to remember the cultural parameters that make up a society. Sports is looked at as an amateur past time rathr than a professional career. Only the very dedicated diehard players would pursue a footballing career. When there are so many opportunities for income, sports takes a back seat.

In most countries, sports is a way out of poverty, but in Saudi and countries like Saudi, it is not so.

Please also remember Daeia, the excellent goalkeeper they had. No keeper in Asia could compete with his abilities. A magnificint goalkeeper and a true gentleman.

Comment

chelsea are amzing tho

i cant help it if i fell in love with the blue. Blame Gianfranco siamak joon

If IFF had half the money of the arabs we'd see some big improvements in our naiton team, we'd play with good teams regularly, it wud be immense

Comment

Originally posted by Rooz
                chelsea are amzing tho

i cant help it if i fell in love with the blue. Blame Gianfranco siamak joon

If IFF had half the money of the arabs we'd see some big improvements in our naiton team, we'd play with good teams regularly, it wud be immense
                True. But I also admire Man Utd's organization and the way they've been spitting out high level footballers. They have also spent a lot of money as Chelsea, but their "production output" is much more impressive than the Blue's . I know Chelsea has some good own products such as Terry and Lampard though.

BTW; Arsene Wenger is another admirable coach. His recruits always turn out to be successful.
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

$100,000 a day!

Comment

These guys will stop at nothing to try and load up for this tournament. I really hope Ahly teaches them a lesson.

Comment

Pharoah,

I too hope that Ahly of Egypt fall into the same group as Al Ittihad. I think Ahly have quite a fair chance at beating this team. It just hurts that Pas lost her cool during the last couple of minutes in a crucial game. It should be Pas at the Club World Championships, not Al Ittihad.

Although, something tells me Pas would also lose to Al Ittihad had they gone through. Still, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z
                        I know Chelsea has some good own products such as Terry and Lampard though.
                        Hafez jan, chelsea bought lampard from West Ham U.

Comment

The deal fell through. It would not be legal. He had toi sign for at least 6 months .
                          Now they are talking about a big name from EPL. Probably 40 year old West Ham player, Teddy Sheringham

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane will not be joining Saudi Arabia club Al Ittihad, despite a short-term offer from the Asian champions.
                          Club president Sheikh Mansour Al Balawi said the length of the deal was too short to comply with regulations.

"We approached the player but because of the rules in Europe, where the contract must be at least six months, the deal was not legal," he said.

Al Ittihad want a big-name signing ahead of the World Club Championship.

"We like to sign the best, which is why we signed Mohammed Kallon, who used to play for Inter Milan, and also Joseph Desire Job," added Al Balawi.

"Next year we are looking at bringing a player who is currently playing in the English Premier League - but at the moment I don't want to mention his name."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4486034.stm

Comment

Working...
                          X