Brazil's 1970 World Cup Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazil's 1970 World Cup Team

Arguably the best team ever assembled. Just watching clips of their games in youtube makes me realize who defensive and cautious the game has become today. They were playing to put on a show and score while today it's mostly playing not to lose and counter attacking when possible. I doubt there will ever be a team as good as them. The closest in my book is the 1974 Dutch team. I had the picture below as a poster on my wall when I was in Iran and even back then I often wondered why the hell the 2nd guy standing from the left was so excited about being in the lineup.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

how can you say a team without garrincha was the best? brazil never lost a match with garrincha and pele on the pitch.

yea i agree. i hate how the game has become too physical. the more physical it gets... the less skill required. and it also got more defensive. before teams wanted to score, now they dont want to get scored on. basically its a case of "who will be cheaper and defend more," but before both teams attacked from the getgo. old method: football, new method: antifootball.

Comment

Or maybe the fact that defenders at that time were not as good as they have become today. Also bear in mind, rules have become even more strict against bad defenders over the last many years.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X