• Show
Clear All

French coach Troussier and wife convert to Islam

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060323...m_060323191746

yup heared this! way cool lol

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
    CITY

Comment

He didn't convert to islam, he became wahhabi. Only a wahhabi would take the name Omar.
      The REAL. The LEGEND. Since 2001.

Comment

What the heck?
        I would never have thought Troussier would ever convert to Islam.
        I'm not saying it's anything bad, just that it's totally surprising.

Comment

Who cares! Let them do what they want, whats so big?

Comment

great

Comment

He convert himself to keep his job since Morrocco did not do the worldcup and played bad in African cup, he was scare to be fired and convert himself to be more popular.

Comment

looool

Comment

Originally posted by khabalood
                  He didn't convert to islam, he became wahhabi. Only a wahhabi would take the name Omar.
                  aziz - he is a sunni not wahabbi. Sunni's believe omar was a khlaifa and take his name as a sign of respect to him.

taha
                  you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                  sigpic

Comment

Only wahhabis go as far as to change a given name and replace it with Omar. Wahhabis like to associate themselves with Sunnis as well.

Comment

Only wahhabis go as far as to change a given name and replace it with Omar. Wahhabis like to associate themselves with Sunnis as well.
                      I know few sunnis who are not Wahhabi and their name is Omar. There is also the famous "Omar Mokhtar" who fought against French (I think it was in Algeria), and I don't think he had anything to do with Wahhabis. We also have Omar Khayyam, I don't think his parents were Wahhabi
                      - We shall show them our signs in the horizons, and within themselves, until it becomes clear to them; that it is the truth. Holy Quran.
                      - Good Thought; Good Speech; Good Deed. Zoroastrianism.
                      - For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Bible.
                      - O' you with double vision; if you see one as two; unlike you; I see two as one. Molana Rumi.

Comment

did they also go out of their way to change their name to Omar, I think not. They were born with that name. Sunni converts do not normally change their names. This is a very radical thing to do. Add in the change to Omar and it points to Wahhabis.

Comment

Originally posted by thug4life
                          He convert himself to keep his job since Morrocco did not do the worldcup and played bad in African cup, he was scare to be fired and convert himself to be more popular.
                          He's not even the coach of Morocco anymore.
                          Troussier has enough of a resume to be able to get a job without having to change his religion.
                          Only Iranians do that .

Comment

did they also go out of their way to change their name to Omar, I think not. They were born with that name. Sunni converts do not normally change their names. This is a very radical thing to do. Add in the change to Omar and it points to Wahhabis.
                            But the point is, he changed his name from a French name to Omar so it's quite different. If his name was Reza and changed to Omar, then that assumption could hold. I think if he recently has become Muslim, he even doesn't know much about the differences ...
                            - We shall show them our signs in the horizons, and within themselves, until it becomes clear to them; that it is the truth. Holy Quran.
                            - Good Thought; Good Speech; Good Deed. Zoroastrianism.
                            - For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Bible.
                            - O' you with double vision; if you see one as two; unlike you; I see two as one. Molana Rumi.

Comment

I don't think it makes a difference whether or not he had a french name or arabic to begin with. Most converts do not change their names, and if he doesn't know what he is doing it is even worse, because of the influence other people can have on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X