Spain 1-0 Iraq: good job Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain 1-0 Iraq: good job Iraq

everyone expected Spain to score 5-6 goals today, but Iraq defended extremely well and almost equalized in the last minute.
    so happy they didn't embarress Asia, wish them the best of luck agaisnt NZ and hope they make it to semis

They played smart football. Valid performance. Bora had a plan since the tournament started and stuck to it. Draw the opener, damage control vs. Spain, and beat NZ to make the semis. 2 out of 2 so far. They could have beaten South Africa though.

Comment

good job, they succeeded well with parking the bus infront of defense for 90 mins

Comment

Spain scored as many goals on Iraq as SK did on Iran today

Comment

They did a good job, but some of the dives were embaressing

Comment

iraq wud kill us
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
              iraq wud kill us
              no they wouldn't

i saw the game
              they had 9 players in the back for the whole game + one lone striker

ramos and capdevila literally looked like wingers because iraq were so defensive..they were inside iraq's half for 90% of the game

Comment

lol

did they grass roll also?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
                  no they wouldn't
                  i saw the game
                  they had 9 players in the back for the whole game + one lone striker
                  ramos and capdevila literally looked like wingers because iraq were so defensive..they were inside iraq's half for 90% of the game
                  why couldnt we do the same after we scored to secure a world cup slot?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    lol

did they grass roll also?
                    yeah some of them did, their gk did an oscar performance because he wanted the ref to think that torres kicked him in the face..the replay showed that he wasn't even near him lol

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                      why couldnt we do the same after we scored to secure a world cup slot?
                      we tried but for some reason our players dont have the ORZE to defend a goal.
                      Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                      http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                      [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                      Villa + Messi =

Comment

its ok for iraq to park the bus against world's best team chelsea should be ashamed of parking the bus against barca not iraq
                        I think they defended brilliantly, well done to them.
                        on some counter attack chances they could have done better and even get 1 point!!
                        I hope they make the semis and get to play Italy/Brazil.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Bora's tactics were really good today and Iraq managed to hold the result for a long time and did it without even being as obnoxious as Chelsea. It was more of an Italian catennacio style.

Another great thing is that Iraq's the youngest team in the tournament and lots of new faces stepped up in this game. It's about damn time the Asian Cup squad was dissolved; they're completed jaded. In fact players like Younis Mahmoud, Emad Mohammed, Mahdi Karim, Karrar Jassim were all sitting on the bench today.

I have a feeling Iraq won't advance though...I think FIFA want to see South Africa advance. I hope Spain maintains their record breaking winning streak, so maybe they will stick to their game and get the 3 points from SA in the third game.
                          Previously known as "IraqiFootball"

Comment

Working...
                          X