Nba Draft/trade Rumors 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA Times says:

For the Bruins, it marked six first-round picks in the last four years, tops for any college program in the nation. Jordan Farmar, Aaron afflalo, Kevin love, Russell westbrook, Jrue Holiday and Darren Collison.

I dont know if I should feel happy and proud or feel very sad that now our roster looks like sh!t
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
      LA Times says:
      For the Bruins, it marked six first-round picks in the last four years, tops for any college program in the nation. Jordan Farmar, Aaron afflalo, Kevin love, Russell westbrook, Jrue Holiday and Darren Collison.
      I dont know if I should feel happy and proud or feel very sad that now our roster looks like sh!t

yep Cal will be the team to beat in the PAC 10 this year

Comment

Michael Jackson died!
        so did haddadi's NBA career..., it seems..!!

how long was his original contract for..?
        perhaps we get lucky and they trade him..!! otherwise its another year at the D league again.!

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
          just a quick recap for those who didnt catch the draft.

here is round 1:

1:LA Clippers Blake Griffin 6-10 248 PF Oklahoma

2:Memphis Hasheem Thabeet 7-3 267 C Connecticut

3:Oklahoma City James Harden 6-5 222 SG Arizona State

4:Sacramento Tyreke Evans 6-5 220 SG Memphis

5:Minnesota (from Washington) Ricky Rubio 6-5 180 PG Spain

6:Minnesota Jonny Flynn 6-1 196 PG Syracuse

7:Golden State Stephen Curry 6-3 181 PG Davidson

8:New York Jordan Hill 6-10 232 PF Arizona

9:Toronto DeMar DeRozan 6-6 211 SG USC

10:Milwaukee Brandon Jennings 6-2 165 PG Italy

11:New Jersey Terrence Williams 6-6 213 SG Louisville

12:Charlotte Gerald Henderson 6-5 215 SG Duke

13:Indiana Tyler Hansbrough 6-10 234 PF North Carolina

14:Phoenix Earl Clark 6-10 226 SF Louisville

15etroit Austin Daye 6-11 192 SF Gonzaga

16:Chicago James Johnson 6-8 257 PF Wake Forest

17:Philadelphia Jrue Holiday 6-4 199 PG UCLA

18:Minnesota(from Miami, rights to Lawson traded to Denver for future pick ) Ty Lawson 6-1 199 PG North Carolina

19:Atlanta Jeff Teague 6-2 175 PG Wake Forest

20 Utah Eric Maynor 6-3 164 PG VA Commonwealth

21 New Orleans Darren Collison 6-2 166 PG UCLA

22 Portland (from Dallas) Victor Claver 6-11 217 SF Spain

23 Sacramento (from Houston) Omri Casspi 6-9 211 SF Israel

24 Dallas (from Portland, traded to Oklahoma City for rights to R. Beaubois) B.J. Mullens 7-1 258 C Ohio State

25 Oklahoma City (from San Antonio, traded to Dallas for rights to B.J. Mullens) Rodrigue Beaubois 6-2 182 PG France

26 Chicago (from Denver through Oklahoma City) Taj Gibson 6-10 214 PF USC

27 Memphis (from Orlando) DeMarre Carroll 6-8 207 PF Missouri

28 Minnesota (from Boston) Wayne Ellington 6-5 202 SG North Carolina

29 LA Lakers (rights to T. Douglas traded to NY Knicks) Toney Douglas 6-2 183 SG Florida State

30 Cleveland Christian Eyenga 6-6 210 SF Congo
          It maybe a stupid question, but why is there no Wizards?

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
            It maybe a stupid question, but why is there no Wizards?
            They traded their pick to the twolves

Comment

I think Colangelo will try and get turkoglu in toronto as he is opting out of his orlando contract.

Comment

As long as the Lakers bring everyone back (and stay healthy), I could care less who gets and does what. Nobody will stand a chance
                midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

is ben gordon going to resign wit the bulls or wat?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
                    is ben gordon going to resign wit the bulls or wat?

I sure as hell hope so, but with cheap *** Jerry Reinsdorf (who whined about paying Michael Freaking Jordan, the player who made him richer than he had any right to be) I'm afraid that Gordon will be whisked away by a better offer from the much despised Detroit Pistons, who are keen to get Gordon this off-season...Bulls still have a shot though if they pony up a decent offer (8-10 Million per year for 5-6 years).....

Comment

^^^the man can be cheap but i think he is pretty smart, lets just cross our fingers and hope a gordon return.. BUT i'll be for sure shocked if bulls go after one the big name free agents that are going to be available

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        so did haddadi's NBA career..., it seems..!!
                        how long was his original contract for..?
                        perhaps we get lucky and they trade him..!! otherwise its another year at the D league again.!

3 years so he's on contract 2 more years

i think its a battle between hamed and thabeet....hamed is def. a more solid player but thabeet understands english much better.....thats hamed's problem, if it wasn't the language barrier he'd be in there no problem. But i have faith in hamed, thabeet's stats are lame compared to hamed, haddadi played against some of the best and thabeet has been playing against some tiny college kids and barely scores like 10pts/game.......so he might be a bust, lets just hope

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                          3 years so he's on contract 2 more years

i think its a battle between hamed and thabeet....hamed is def. a more solid player but thabeet understands english much better.....thats hamed's problem, if it wasn't the language barrier he'd be in there no problem. But i have faith in hamed, thabeet's stats are lame compared to hamed, haddadi played against some of the best and thabeet has been playing against some tiny college kids and barely scores like 10pts/game.......so he might be a bust, lets just hope
                          thabeet is gonna be like kwame...no matter how bad he is and no matter how many ppl know it, he is still gonna get minutes because of where he was taken. Everyone said this was a week draft but i think rubio, flynn, curry, jennings, lawson, and holiday will be very solid players and should make mostly immediate impacts their rookie seasons (maybe not rubio or holiday but everyone knows how good they are anyway) and memphis fans will be furious to see thabeet on the bench no matter how much better hamed is than him

Comment

^^^ i can't wait to see curry

Comment

A sad and angry day for Bulls fans, as reinsdorf screws us over again, and refuses to pay their best player for the past 5 years: Ben Gordon....I didn't think that my hatred for that insufferable ***hole Reinsdorf could increase any more after 1998, but he just showed us all that he could care less about winning...bulls have just taken a giant step back for next year, and Rose will have enormous pressure to do everything next year. And Sabzi jan, Reinsdorf isn't as smart as you think, as you will see next year with the bulls struggling to even make the playoffs. Bulls fans across the country are royally pissed right now:

http://www.blogabull.com/2009/7/1/93...u-to-the-owner

http://www.blogabull.com/

In other news, Artest is not resigning with Houston, who is instead going hard after Martin Gortat and Trevor Ariza.

Ariza looks to be leaving the Lakers (Odom will resign instead) for more money elsewhere and Hedo will sign shortly with the Blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post

http://www.blogabull.com/2009/7/1/93...u-to-the-owner

http://www.blogabull.com/

In other news, Artest is not resigning with Houston, who is instead going hard after Martin Gortat and Trevor Ariza.

Ariza looks to be leaving the Lakers (Odom will resign instead) for more money elsewhere and Hedo will sign shortly with the Blazers.
                                I don't beleive it. I think the laker will sign both Odom and Ariza and if it is one, they will go for Ariza not Odom.

They sold their 2 draft picks and are looking to ship my fellow bruin Farmar so they can have enough cash to sign my other fellow bruin Ariza.

Btw, congrats to MOJO23 for the 2 acquisitions!! Detroit just got much much better!!

Comment

Working...
                                X