• Show
Clear All

Ariza verbally commits to Houston
    Comment Email Print Share
    By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com
    Archive

Ariza
    Trevor Ariza has made a verbal commitment to sign with the Houston Rockets, according to sources close to the process.

The 6-foot-8 Ariza averaged 8.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists for the Lakers last season, which ended with the NBA championship.

With at least five teams pursuing Ariza, the Lakers appeared unwilling to pay him more than the $5.6 million mid-level exception.

Comment

^ nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Rasheed Wallace to Boston?

EDIT - http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4303449

Comment

iverson+haddadi=happiest year of my life

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/p...urn=nba,174594

no if only thabeet would break an ankle or something

actually now that i think of it its a terrible idea lol

Comment

i don't get why iverson would go to the memphis? why not a place where he would have a better chance of winning the title

Comment

^^

no1 wants the guy

Comment

so it seems like the turk man supa star is going to portland aka. drop E city.

big mistake that he left orlando

Comment

with signing of Artez, the Lakers are primed to repeat, barring any key injuries.

The lakers are now more physical and a better defensive team.

The front line of Baynum, Gasol, Artez, with Odom as back up, can really be special

Comment

Originally posted by BehzadB View Post
                    with signing of Artez, the Lakers are primed to repeat, barring any key injuries.
                    The front line of Baynum, Gasol, Artez, with Odom as back up, can really be special
                    yeah i agree. the Lakers will probably be finalists once again this year. the only team i can see making a push is San Antonio ? I dont think Denver will be the same like this year although you never know.

The East is going to be the conference to watch, the hunger for getting to the finals is there, who could it be. The Magic with the addition of Vince Carter and no more Turkoglu? The Cavs with Shaq? or the Celtics with everyone healthy + a possible addition of Rasheed Wallace?

I really hope the Heat can get somebody else on the team to help out Wade, they are missing the 1 guy they need to possibly be a second round, maybe conference finals team. Though they should have been in the second round this year, Atlanta sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
                      yeah i agree. the Lakers will probably be finalists once again this year. the only team i can see making a push is San Antonio ? I dont think Denver will be the same like this year although you never know.
                      The East is going to be the conference to watch, the hunger for getting to the finals is there, who could it be. The Magic with the addition of Vince Carter and no more Turkoglu? The Cavs with Shaq? or the Celtics with everyone healthy + a possible addition of Rasheed Wallace?
                      I really hope the Heat can get somebody else on the team to help out Wade, they are missing the 1 guy they need to possibly be a second round, maybe conference finals team. Though they should have been in the second round this year, Atlanta sucks...

Miami is going nowhere fast, they play really bad team defense and Dwayne Wade is essentially doing everything for them, on both sides of the floor...I would have to say that Chicago and possibly even Detroit are right now better teams that Miami....of course it really doesn't matter right now because the only 3 contenders in the East are Boston, Orlando and Cleveland at this point in time.

Comment

negative. artez arrival to LA it means drama... and they broke the chemistry they had, they let go a good young player ariza.. in my opinion this was a poor decision by the lakers, they basically broke the chemistry they had

Comment

Originally posted by Ghormeh Sabzi View Post
                          negative. artez arrival to LA it means drama... and they broke the chemistry they had, they let go a good young player ariza.. in my opinion this was a poor decision by the lakers, they basically broke the chemistry they had
                          some people may have a concern about Artez's attitude .. but I don't think lakers will have any problem with that.

1. the lakers are much bigger than any one player.. from top to bottom, from ownership all the way down, there are serious, classy people with a lot of History.. magic, karim, Kurt, Mitch, Jackson, Derek fisher, Paul Gasol.. these guys don't let any one player become a problem

2. Artez is 29.. He is not 19.. He has his flamboyant years behind him. He wants to win a title.. I bet he will be one of the most law abiding citizens of the Staples Center and one of the most hardworking players for the lakers this year..

Ariza was a good player, but not worth his asking price. He really played hard this last year, but he too, knew that he is free agent.. Players always play harder, then fade away after they sign new contract.. (look at Ariza's career numbers and he ain't all that)

Comment

some people may have a concern about Artez's attitude .. but I don't think lakers will have any problem with that.

1. the lakers are much bigger than any one player.. from top to bottom, from ownership all the way down, there are serious, classy people with a lot of History.. magic, karim, Kurt, Mitch, Jackson, Derek fisher, Paul Gasol.. these guys don't let any one player become a problem

2. Artez is 29.. He is not 19.. He has his flamboyant years behind him. He wants to win a title.. I bet he will be one of the most law abiding citizens of the Staples Center and one of the most hardworking players for the lakers this year..

Ariza was a good player, but not worth his asking price. He really played hard this last year, but he too, knew that he is free agent.. Players always play harder, then fade away after they sign new contract.. (look at Ariza's career numbers and he ain't all that)
                            Exactly, I dont get it why LA fans are against this move, I personally am against it cause I like the guy and hate LA, but its still a sweet deal for LAL.

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
                              Miami is going nowhere fast, they play really bad team defense and Dwayne Wade is essentially doing everything for them, on both sides of the floor...I would have to say that Chicago and possibly even Detroit are right now better teams that Miami....of course it really doesn't matter right now because the only 3 contenders in the East are Boston, Orlando and Cleveland at this point in time.
                              i see where your coming from, which is why im saying Miami need the 1 "allstar" addition and a couple of solid bench players and they can easily be one of the top teams. D-Wade is simply amazing, top 3 players in the NBA after Kobe and Lebron. Michael Beasley is a young, developing talent, and hes very promising. Jermaine O'Neal gives that presence in the paint, he can block/alter shots, score a decent amount of points. They need a PG like Kidd/Bibby that could turn the team around. Miami is better then Chicago, but i guess not Detroit with these new signings, lets see how it turns out though.

Comment

Very well said.

Comment

Working...
                                X