Nba Draft/trade Rumors 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
    I disagree strongly with you on this one, Phoenix ran the very system invented by Don Nelson 20 years ago, and Golden State is the ultimate up-tempo team, which is precisely what Amare loves...moreover Amare's numbers were not inflated by Nash, at least not nearly as much as you might think: he avg'd 20 and 9 before Nash even came over from the Mavs, and he was 20-21 years old at the time. Believe me, Don Nelson is drooling over the possibility of having a player like Amare in his system (something he hasn't had since he traded away Chris Webber in 1995). The only concern for GSW should be any more freak injuries for Amare, since his knee has healed well in the last 2 years, and he shows no signs of decreased explosiveness on the offensive end of the floor.
    Give me a lineup of Turiaf, Amare, Randolph, Jackson, Monta
    with Morrow (#1 3 point shooter in the NBA last year), Azubuike (#5 3shooter), Stephen Curry (a lights out shooter himself), Maggette, Cj Watson, Acie Law, Davidson....all coming off the bench
    That team not only makes the playoffs, but is much better than the miracle 2007 warriors who nearly made the conference finals that year. Offensively they are simply unstoppable with at least 4 guys who can give you 20-30 points on any given night.
    The key to this team with Amare though would be the game of a budding star in the NBA: Anthony Randolph
    Randolph is 6'11 now, barely 20 years old, handles like a guard, can shoot the jumpshot fairly well, is longer than Lamar Odom, has unbelievable explosiveness, and plays his ass off on both sides of the court (oh and he also is an awe-inspiring shotblocker at his age). Randolph can play 3 positions on this team, and he will be a triple double threat throughout the next season. The kid is still growing too (Warriors staff report that he has grown 1 inch in the summer, and has gained 20 pounds of muscle working out).
    I'm telling y'all now that AR will be a star soon, and that Warriors will be the surprise team of 2009, if they have a healthy roster (i.e. Monta ellis doesn't do something stupid).

Agreed. Anthony Randolph is the real stud to watch, the kid has Hall of Fame potential, and I think he's gona show the league that this year.

Ommy, only a guy who visits the Warriors RealGM board would know he's gained 20 lbs of muscle and grown an inch this summer

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
      Agreed. Anthony Randolph is the real stud to watch, the kid has Hall of Fame potential, and I think he's gona show the league that this year.
      Ommy, only a guy who visits the Warriors RealGM board would know he's gained 20 lbs of muscle and grown an inch this summer

Comment

phx is getting the better of the deal no question
        I just don't want to see Ariza in a cavs jersey!!!
        ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
        Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
        Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
        forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
          I just don't want to see Ariza in a cavs jersey!!!
          for the the mle i dont really want to see him in one either

he's still riding that playoff high

reminds me of Austin Croshere a few years back when a few teams were trying to get the guy after he had a decent playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
            amare to GSW still on, we will know for sure on wednesday:

amare for brandan wright/biedrins/bellinelli and or azubuike or future 1st round pick

stephen curry is not part of the deal.

plz god no
            right when im about to go to live there they try to tear the team apart

Comment

http://twitter.com/mogotti2

Comment

golden state is very stupid if they do this move.
                amare will just leave at the end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by persian boy View Post
                  golden state is very stupid if they do this move.
                  amare will just leave at the end of the year

obviously, they will not trade for him, unless he agrees to sign an extension, which is one of the preconditions for this trade to happen

Comment

Cavs just signed Varejao to a 6 years $50 million contract

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

That has to be the worst signing I've ever heard of. $50 Million for a scrub packup PF? HAHAHAHHA.

They could've got David Lee for a bit more. Anderson Varejao getting paid $50 million. Wow....wow

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Cavs just signed Varejao to a 6 years $50 million contract
                      ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
                      That has to be the worst signing I've ever heard of. $50 Million for a scrub packup PF? HAHAHAHHA.
                      They could've got David Lee for a bit more. Anderson Varejao getting paid $50 million. Wow....wow

I agree! very weird move in a recession

PS Marion for 5 years and 40 million is beyond retarded as well, Mark Cuban is throwing money away!

Comment

The thing is, Varejao and Shaq wont work well together.

Shaq needs a PF who can shoot, so he can spread the floor out. Anderson has no range outside of 15 feet, if that.

They will both be crowding the rim, which will make doubling Shaq easy, while at the same time, clogging the lane for Queen James

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                          The thing is, Varejao and Shaq wont work well together.
                          Shaq needs a PF who can shoot, so he can spread the floor out. Anderson has no range outside of 15 feet, if that.
                          They will both be crowding the rim, which will make doubling Shaq easy, while at the same time, clogging the lane for Queen James
                          The only thing shaq needs is to be 10 years younger
                          ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                          Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                          Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                          forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                            The only thing shaq needs is to be 10 years younger
                            True

Comment

Working...
                            X