My Basketball Highlight Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice strokes..!!
    i saw a couple of good runners too, but in general you seem to rely too much on spotting up and shooting the ball from anywhere you receive the pass..!!
    you need to mix it up a bit , need more head fakes, dribbles and lateral movement with the ball until you get an opening to attack the basket or to hit a teammate in better position with a pass..!!
    didnt see much defensive highlights ..!!
    you got the potential, but in need of more refinements and more versatility..!!
    running on regular basis, hitting the weight room 3 times a week and shooting the rock on the move hundred times at least 3 times weekly ..!
    start hooking the ball like KAJ near the basket 30-50 times and as you get better and more consistent , move away from the basket and try it again...!
    if you nail that shot down, you will become simply unstoppable one-on-0ne inside the box, no single player can defend against you on that shot without fouling to get a hand on the ball..!!
    learn to protect the ball well with your body as you dribble towards the basket and remember to first start with LATERAL movements, from side to side with the body protecting the ball from defender and watch your man as soon as he slacks in following you make your move towards the basket.
    when you made the TM, dont forget who taught you everything you know..!!
    gooz luck homey..!kick assss!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      nice strokes..!!
      i saw a couple of good runners too, but in general you seem to rely too much on spotting up and shooting the ball from anywhere you receive the pass..!!
      you need to mix it up a bit , need more head fakes, dribbles and lateral movement with the ball until you get an opening to attack the basket or to hit a teammate in better position with a pass..!!
      running on regular basis, hitting the weight room 3 times a week and shooting the rock on the move hundred times at least 3 times weekly ..!
      start hooking the ball like KAJ near the basket 30-50 times and as you get better and more consistent , move away from the basket and try it again...!
      if you nail that shot down, you will become simply unstoppable one-on-0ne inside the box, no single player can defend against you on that shot without fouling to get a hand on the ball..!!
      learn to protect the ball well with your body as you dribble towards the basket and remember to first start with LATERAL movements, from side to side with the body protecting the ball from defender and watch your man as soon as he slacks in following you make your move towards the basket.
      Pretty much everything i was about to say..
      Good luck bro! Keep working hard!

Comment

nice strokes..!!
        great, kind of basically what i said. Relying too much on shots will get you killed. You need to mix it up and elevate your game.

Comment

^^ okay thanks guys, our team we basically only play a zone either 3-2 or a 1-3-1 so its more team defense rather then individual man. Ive gotten much better with my handles in terms of creating my own shot from then using different moves, such as step backs and double cross overs. Also, im hitting weight room styll. by lateral movements what do u mean, do u mean pivots and swipe throughs or dribbling with the ball? If swipe throughs and pivots is what you mean, that is something i do often, using pivots i create space then i rise up and shoot. This wasnt really shown in the video maybe 1 or 2 sequences, this is what my coach is really keen on since he too was the same type of player that i am. And he excelled shooting the basketball and even making team canada. Something else that i am good at is getting to the freethrow line, i had many clips from that cup which i went to the freethrow line i was going to put in the video however i thought it would have made it boring. i went to the line roughly 6-8 times a game, in one highschool game i scored 18-20 points from only the freethrow line, this game ended up being my carreer high so far no boost.

Comment

benny air jordan

Comment

Originally posted by benreyhani15 View Post
              ^^ okay thanks guys, our team we basically only play a zone either 3-2 or a 1-3-1 so its more team defense rather then individual man. Ive gotten much better with my handles in terms of creating my own shot from then using different moves, such as step backs and double cross overs. Also, im hitting weight room styll. by lateral movements what do u mean, do u mean pivots and swipe throughs or dribbling with the ball? If swipe throughs and pivots is what you mean, that is something i do often, using pivots i create space then i rise up and shoot. This wasnt really shown in the video maybe 1 or 2 sequences, this is what my coach is really keen on since he too was the same type of player that i am. And he excelled shooting the basketball and even making team canada. Something else that i am good at is getting to the freethrow line, i had many clips from that cup which i went to the freethrow line i was going to put in the video however i thought it would have made it boring. i went to the line roughly 6-8 times a game, in one highschool game i scored 18-20 points from only the freethrow line, this game ended up being my carreer high so far no boost.
              by lateral i mean from sideline to sideline..!! most players, even the good ones are very impatient and always wanna go hard from end to end.... attacking the basket, so they have to rely heavily on fancy ball handling, cross overs, and dribbling and etc in order to shake off their markers..!! those fancy moves are risky and one slight mishap and you loose handle on the ball and the defender would pounce on the loose ball and you got yourself a stupid turnover..!!
              my observation has been that many ballers are good at stop and go(up and down the court) but very few are good at keeping up with their man going from side to side(lateral), because first off physically its a more challenging movement, also when the ball carrier does that it makes it hard for the marker to keep up with them going through the traffic in and around the box(especially if they are playing a zone D) where they have to stop at some point and leave the defending to the next guy protecting the other zones..!!
              its like a difference between watching a european team like spain attacking the basket and your average american dream team player's approach to offense.!! with the ball fully protected by your body, make zig zag, Lateral movements top of the box, until you loose your maker then attack the basket or pass to the open many if double teamed..!!

basically i am saying to you that if you want to become effective baller you need to become a Smarter Baller with sound fundamentals and discipline..!! by the first quarter or so you should know what kinda tempo your opponent prefer to play at, who are the key shooters and what is their range..!! what is their favorite offensive set and who is their main go to guy when in trouble ..!! what is your man's favorite moves and shots and range and what are his weaknesses, which side does he prefer to go when making his move to the basket, etc etc etc..!! and then adjust your play accordingly throughout the match.. ..!!

Comment

by lateral i mean from sideline to sideline..!! most players, even the good ones are very impatient and always wanna go hard from end to end.... attacking the basket, so they have to rely heavily on fancy ball handling, cross overs, and dribbling and etc in order to shake off their markers..!! those fancy moves are risky and one slight mishap and you loose handle on the ball and the defender would pounce on the loose ball and you got yourself a stupid turnover..!!
                my observation has been......!
                Ok then bachelot, let him learn from the best so he wouldn't make those mistakes. and by the way sorry to bring up old HARSH and DEVASTATING memories!! (namak rooyeh zakhm!)

So Ben when should we expect your own Nike Puppet?
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
                ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

bachelot i see now merci, and persian bruin screw nike, i will become first athlete to make a deal with kafsheh melli

Comment

Originally posted by benreyhani15 View Post
                    bachelot i see now merci, and persian bruin screw nike, i will become first athlete to make a deal with kafsheh melli
                    Kafsheh Bella is better. You have to make a decision between kafsheh Melli or Kafsheh Bella. But either way you won't be called Air Ben. It will be more like "ground" ben!
                    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                      Kafsheh Bella is better. You have to make a decision between kafsheh Melli or Kafsheh Bella. But either way you won't be called Air Ben. It will be more like "ground" ben!
                      hahahahaha , i will try to become airborne this summer, i can barely dunk 9.5 now

Comment

Working...
                      X