Gyms in Tehran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyms in Tehran

okay guys so Im going to tehran in a week and im wondering if anyone knows a good facility that has a decent basketball court where you can pay to play at. And a weight room. Appreciate feed back,thnx G's

Originally posted by benreyhani15 View Post
    okay guys so Im going to tehran in a week and im wondering if anyone knows a good facility that has a decent basketball court where you can pay to play at. And a weight room. Appreciate feed back,thnx G's
    Where do you live? (the location you will be staying at
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

THe courts and the lifting equipment are almost never in the same location at gyms. Theres a gym for lifting (bashgah) and then i guess there some place for basketball. Its not like the west, were its in the same location.

Comment

ohh okay thanks, i leave in North Amirabad around daneshgah Tehran north branch, i know that danshgah tehran gym itself has a basketball indoor basketball court but they werent that great and idn if you can just go in pay and play, any other courts near there that you can pay to play.

Comment

ohh okay thanks, i leave in North Amirabad around daneshgah Tehran north branch, i know that danshgah tehran gym itself has a basketball indoor basketball court but they werent that great and idn if you can just go in pay and play, any other courts near there that you can pay to play.
          I used to have a lot of friends in that neighborhood. Both to the right (meydooneh golha/yousef abad) and to the left (geesha). Unfortunately, they all either left Iran or moved from the neighborhood so I cant ask anyone but you are very close to geesha and the isolated neighborhood that it is, I am sure they have a gym. There is a famous bike store on the corner of one of the koocheh in geesha. I am sure if you ask the people there they can tell you where the local gym is. As for the other side if you get on kordestan you are very close to vanak. I'll try to get you some info before you go

As JMU said bball courts are all separate. That one should be very easy. Just ask kids in the streets and they can all direct you towards the closest hoop!
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

if u want a all in one place ur best bet is basgah engelab

Comment

you shouk ask your cousins or other family when u get to Iran, thats your best option

Comment

Bashgah enghelab if not the only all in one club is the BEST all in one club. I used to play tennis and bball there when I lived in Iran. However, its kind of far away from where you live but if you are willing to go through taxi's in the summer heat AND play the hefty membership price it is the best.

If you do have a ride great but if you dont, you might wanna get eitehr "darbasti" or "ajans" becasue there is a VERY LONG walk from where the taxi's drop you off and the entrance to the club. YOu pretty much have to walk the length of the golf course!!

Comment

^^ thanks how much is the membership btw?

Comment

^^ thanks how much is the membership btw?
                    Well, I was a member over 15 years ago so I have no idea but the way it worked back then was you would pay for the sports you wanted to be a member of. In my case I only wanted to use the place for Tennis and weight lifting/body building. So I only had to pay for those. I didnt pay for tennis because I was a member of the Tennis Federation but the price wasn't monthly that I remember for sure. You have to ask. Remember, bashgah enghelab (formerly known as Bashgah aryamehr before enghelab) was the cream of the crop. It was the place to be at! It is a HUGE place if you haven't been there. Its the size of Parkeh mellat if not larger and it actually is adjacent to parkeh mellat. It has Golf, tennis ( at least 15 courts) Indoor tennis court for the ladies, bbal, sauna, you name it they have got it! It should be the most expensive place in Tehran.

As for bball, just like Tennis I used to play organized so I used to go to a bashgah (zafareh shemiran) but the guys over there such as Arash Bayat, Allek Petrosiyan and saman soltani mostly made it to the national team which is why I never made it to the team but I was always in the competition. Got posterized many times but at least by the best of them!! That should be too far away from your house which is why I don't recommend. But bashgha enghelab even though its away from your house its a "straight" long distance from your house. All you have to do is walk for 5-10 minuts from amirabad to the junction of chamran prkwy and poleh geesha and the taxis will go STRAIGHT to the junction of Seoul and chamran prkwy. Then you can walk for 10 15 minutes to get to the entrance of the bashgah (remember I told you its a long walk from where the taxis drop you off to the entrance of the bashgah. Or just get a darbasti and save yourself some time!

Comment

ask ali daei, he will know, hes been in great shape recently.
                      Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                      X