No announcement yet.

Barcelona vs Sampdoria Champions League Final 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

somewhere on rapidshare you can download extended highlights of this, very nail biting final imo.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
      seems like you and I came around the same time! I came here May 5th or 6th when did you come?

not sure the exact date but yea it was around summer time, i think may

Comment

Ferguson obviously has done a great job. I honestly believe Arsenal would have won 6-7 league titles in the 90's if it wasn't for him. They had the most # of national team players at one time and later on added great foreign players such as Bergkamp.

Talking about Mark Hughes. I cannot believe Barca let him get away. They disliked him so much that that even rented him to Bayern for half a season. What the hell where they thinking!!?? I think Mark hughes scoring against Barca in the cup winners cup was the ultimate revenge that you sometimes see in sports. When Bayern got him, I was hoping they would keep him since I like Bayern more than Barca but I never even imagined that neither team wanted to keep him. Great great player.
        ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
        Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
        Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
        midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
        forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
        Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

. But Your right It was during 1989 When Whitside and Paul Mcgrath got sent of from Manchester United because They have a Drinking probleme lool . Specially Whitside I think due To all the injuries He had But he still went To Aston villa and Appeared 250Times More then he did for Manchester .

But It all Started from 1990's When united became strong .

I found this Also Fa cup 1990 Semi-Final against Oldham With Mclair , danny Wallace ,Mark robbins
          sigpic

Comment

oh btw, isnt bryan robson the same guy who scored the fastest WC goal ever in 82?? (I guess they changed that later) . I rememeber his caricature in one of Iranian magazines when I was a kid.

as for platt. I saw this on youtube. Pretty nice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Ferguson obviously has done a great job. I honestly believe Arsenal would have won 6-7 league titles in the 90's if it wasn't for him. They had the most # of national team players at one time and later on added great foreign players such as Bergkamp.

Talking about Mark Hughes. I cannot believe Barca let him get away. They disliked him so much that that even rented him to Bayern for half a season. What the hell where they thinking!!?? I think Mark hughes scoring against Barca in the cup winners cup was the ultimate revenge that you sometimes see in sports. When Bayern got him, I was hoping they would keep him since I like Bayern more than Barca but I never even imagined that neither team wanted to keep him. Great great player.
              you mean loaned him? right?!?

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                . But Your right It was during 1989 When Whitside and Paul Mcgrath got sent of from Manchester United because They have a Drinking probleme lool . Specially Whitside I think due To all the injuries He had But he still went To Aston villa and Appeared 250Times More then he did for Manchester .
                Paul McGrath when to Villa and played much of his career there because he had reached his peak with United.

Whiteside went to Everton and retired after 2 seasons there - his second season was almost completely missed because of injury which forced him to retire at the age of just 26
                sigpic

Comment

The thing was that Arsenal always had a great defence from the late 1980s onwards. That was the thing that made Arsenal become a top two side, and frankly it was their defence that won them the league in 1998, 2002, and 2004 under Wenger when he inherited the likes of Kewon, Dixon, Adams, et al.

2004 was the year in which Arsenal's last great defensive remnants left, and look where they are now ?

Fancy passing is fine. Leaking goals ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                    The thing was that Arsenal always had a great defence from the late 1980s onwards. That was the thing that made Arsenal become a top two side, and frankly it was their defence that won them the league in 1998, 2002, and 2004 under Wenger when he inherited the likes of Kewon, Dixon, Adams, et al.

2004 was the year in which Arsenal's last great defensive remnants left, and look where they are now ?

Fancy passing is fine. Leaking goals ?
                    But in 1989 when they tied Liverpool in points, The next tie breaker was goal difference. Amazingly, they tied there too. But the main difference was that they had scored 8 more goals than Liverpool and that was the reason they won the championship. I will never forget the faces of Peter Beardsley and Ian Rush. It was like they were stung!

Comment

But in 1989 when they tied Liverpool in points, The next tie breaker was goal difference. Amazingly, they tied there too. But the main difference was that they had scored 8 more goals than Liverpool and that was the reason they won the championship. I will never forget the faces of Peter Beardsley and Ian Rush. It was like they were stung!
                      dont forget that the Liverpool Arsenal game at the end of the season was supposed to happen in March but was postponed following the Hillsborough Stadium disaster.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
                        dont forget that the Liverpool Arsenal game at the end of the season was supposed to happen in March but was postponed following the Hillsborough Stadium disaster.
                        Trust me I remember, and back in March, Liverpool would have won the game!! If I am not mistaken, Liverpoll had not lost in Anfield that year which is why I was thinking at the time, its just too tall of a task. Not just that they had to win but they had to win by 2 goals!!

There was no internet back then so I had no idea who won the game. I was walking back from school witha friend of mine whose favorite british team was Norwich city (dont ask me why, I have no freakin idea!!) and he was trash talking. we went to my place, my mom had made us lunch. We ate the lunch and played some back gammon waiting for the 6 o'clock sports news on TV and the first thing the guy said was: Arsenal won the 1988-89 british league and I just jumped up screaming like there was no tomorrow. Later on they showed the game. If I am not mistaken, Beardsley fell on the ground after that Michael thomas goal. Still tll this date the sweetest win a favorite team of mine has ever had.
                        Last edited by persianbruin; 07-16-2009, 01:32 AM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

^ Wtf At 6:46 You were allowed to pass back to the keeper and he takes it with his hands?
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PouriaAkaBarut View Post
                                ^ Wtf At 6:46 You were allowed to pass back to the keeper and he takes it with his hands?
                                It was 1989 Pouria!! The whole you can only use your head thing if I am not mistaken was implemented in the mid 90's

Comment

Working...
                                X