Questions about the Islamic Solidarity Games 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the Islamic Solidarity Games 2009

what is this sporting event that is iran due to host in october? is it a very important sporting event? and what nations actuallly take part? cos last year nations ranging from yemen to sudan took part, is it only africa and asian countries that take part in it? and is it a very high profile event, cos by the look of the gold medal winners of 2005 it doesnt seem very important.

also will the games actually take place cos apparently arabs still dont recognize the persian gulf and there is an arguement brewing that iran are tring to solve, so will the competition just take place without the countries that dont agree like saudi arabia or will it just stop completely if they cant accept the fact that the persian gulf is the rightfull name.

btw on a seperate note here are the medals, i think they look quite cool:

Please watch and Subscribe:

which teams are competing?
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/...gulf%E2%80%9D/

Comment

Originally posted by El-Presidente View Post
        which teams are competing?

Comment

so will every nation boycott? or maybe iran, burkina faso and uganda can still have a fun games without the other arab nations

Comment

very ironic, the games are called islamic solidarity and yet the arab goverments are killing themselves to remove a name from a gulf that is truly the PERSIAN gulf, so much for solidarity they can shove their solidarity up their a$$

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
              very ironic, the games are called islamic solidarity and yet the arab goverments are killing themselves to remove a name from a gulf that is truly the PERSIAN gulf, so much for solidarity they can shove their solidarity up their a$$
              hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                so will every nation boycott? or maybe iran, burkina faso and uganda can still have a fun games without the other arab nations
                lets hope they boycott

we don't need a bunch of illiterates in the country who cant read the U.N.'s established name of a specific body of water

Comment

lets hope they boycott
                  we don't need a bunch of illiterates in the country who cant read the U.N.'s established name of a specific body of water
                  yh so only the countries who recognize that will come?

Comment

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Shojaei View Post
                      yh so only the countries who recognize that will come?
                      yep

Comment

sounds like a pretty pointless games for our government to invest 5.5million pounds into.

Comment

The only solidarity I see is amongst the arab countries regarding their belief for the naming of the Persian Gulf. Perhaps the games should be renamed the arab solidarity games.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

but there are many non arab nations that took part like uganda and burkina faso.

Comment

Not many, just a few.

And regarding your question, no it's not Ando in my signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X