• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romario joins

Persepolis...

This is good news for members in Canada and the States:

Brazil's Romario signs to play with Miami FC
    Veteran striker gives USL team instant legitimacy

SAO PAULO, BRAZIL - Former Brazilian star Romario will play for Miami FC this year during its first season in the United Soccer Leagues, then return to his home country.

Romario, 40, a striker, helped Brazil win the 1994 World Cup in the United States. He will rejoin the Brazilian league club Vasco in September, Vasco president Eurico Miranda said at a news conference Thursday.

The United Soccer Leagues is the second-highest level of pro soccer in the United States behind Major League Soccer.

Miami FC is owned by Brazilian company Traffic Sports, which has a close relationship with Romario.

"Our objective with Miami FC is to build a winning team of international transcendence," Julio Mariz, president of Traffic Sports USA, said on Miami FC's Web site. "Today, with the signing of Romario, we have taken an important step in that direction."

The USL's first division includes teams in Montreal , Vancouver, Toronto, Atlanta, Portland and Minnesota.

Miami FC have also signed Zinho!
    Romario and Zinho will be

@ Toronto, May 26
    @ Montreal, May 28
    and @ Vancouver June 9
    for the full schedule click here: http://www.miamifc.com/schedule/

that is awesome, i hope its not an april fools thing but if its true this is great news. MLS is the shit

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli
      that is awesome, i hope its not an april fools thing but if its true this is great news. MLS is the shit
      um its not going to be MLS, its the league under it! and WTF is Romario doing going there? he is at least worthy of playing in the MLS, man he will tear these guys up I bet, even at his age!

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
        um its not going to be MLS, its the league under it! and WTF is Romario doing going there? he is at least worthy of playing in the MLS, man he will tear these guys up I bet, even at his age!
        wow i didnt know it was possible to have a league lower then the mls. u learn something everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli
          wow i didnt know it was possible to have a league lower then the mls. u learn something everyday
          I know I didnt either....maybe we can try out and make it on some of there crappy teams!

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

WTF! USL! i watched a couple of toronto's games and i swear to god my highschool team is literally better.

Comment

Maybe he really wants that 1,000th goal!
              The Lynx r a pretty bad team but I watched a few Impact and Rochester games and they're ok and I'll def. go see Romario. I'd say it's only a little worse than the MLS, but still pretty bad (like the MLS), but it's not 2nd. Division MLS or anything like that.

Comment

Im not even sure if they count as goals, they are barely a pro league! I saw a silverbacks game once; two hours of my life i will never get back.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc3469
                  Im not even sure if they count as goals, they are barely a pro league! I saw a silverbacks game once; two hours of my life i will never get back.
                  It's improving. The Montreal Impact just bought a former Argentina U21 regular who was also capped 10 times for the national team, we also had the captain of Cuba. & Peurto Rico has two or more Chilean internationals.

Comment

Who will join my team Aryan SV?

Comment

Working...
                    X