American Football Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Football Help

So guys on this forum started a fantasy football league and asked me to join it, and I did, the thing is I donno jack about American Football, the Draft is on Sep 6th, and its expanded lineups (2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR). So step one I need to know who should I go for when the draft is up and other useful info for a dummy

they play fantasy football in malaysia?? wow i thought this was an only american thing. lol

well fantasy's kinda easy, u gotta have someone show u how to use the website, i cant just tell u on here....u basically pick a team and some reserves, u dont have to touch ur team much, just look out for players who are injured or not playing and take them out of the line up. Or if u see players who are playing better, switch them, same as if u were coaching a soccer or any other team.

U can also look up players statuses and whos available...if u see someone who is a free agent, u can replace an injured players, or one thats not performing. When draft time comes, just pick the best ones available, they have a table and he'll be the top guy. or u can set it on automatic and it'll pick the best ones for u. Last year i did it and i got an awesome team. This year im not doin it but alot of people on here are fans so im sure they can help u alot more.

also, pay attention to which players are not playing that week and take them out of the line up. Each player will have atleast 1 week that their team does not play. So if he's team is not playing, u wont get any points for that player.

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
      So guys on this forum started a fantasy football league and asked me to join it, and I did, the thing is I donno jack about American Football, the Draft is on Sep 6th, and its expanded lineups (2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR). So step one I need to know who should I go for when the draft is up and other useful info for a dummy

just ask us what the choices are and we'll tell you who to pick up, it should get easier after a little bit

Comment

Yahoo will rank players for you, assuming Yahoo will be used again like last year. There were barely any players in last year's league so it shouldn't be difficult. Most leagues have 10 to 14 players, which is more competitive. In those cases, the league is won by how well you draft in the middle and late rounds (the true test of how well you know the game). Read up a little and stick to Yahoo's rankings and you'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
          they play fantasy football in malaysia?? wow i thought this was an only american thing. lol

well fantasy's kinda easy, u gotta have someone show u how to use the website, i cant just tell u on here....u basically pick a team and some reserves, u dont have to touch ur team much, just look out for players who are injured or not playing and take them out of the line up. Or if u see players who are playing better, switch them, same as if u were coaching a soccer or any other team.

U can also look up players statuses and whos available...if u see someone who is a free agent, u can replace an injured players, or one thats not performing. When draft time comes, just pick the best ones available, they have a table and he'll be the top guy. or u can set it on automatic and it'll pick the best ones for u. Last year i did it and i got an awesome team. This year im not doin it but alot of people on here are fans so im sure they can help u alot more.
          Dude the forum is american...
          I know how to play fantasy games, I donno about the players.
          Look I just did a mock draft and so far I have drafted:
          QB: Tom Brady
          WR: Andre Johnson HOU
          WR: Brandon Marshal
          WR: TJ Houshmand Zade
          RB: Joseph Addai
          RB: Lendale White
          Are these guys good? or is it gonna be a shitty draft?

Comment

Well houshmandzadeh right now is a top 5 receiver in the NFL but it remains to be seen how he will be without Carson palmer throwing to him

Lendale white is pretty good but not a top 5 RB. Actually right now as I am typing ESPN is talking about him!

Joseph addai is very good. He won rookie of the year over my fellow bruin maurice jones drew 3 years ago. If you can pick jones drew pick him. He will be the first string RB for the jags and he is an all purpose yard piler!!

Tome brady is getting old. But when healthy, he is one of the best but I am not sure if he is THAT good fantasywise. He just comes through when it counts which is not necessarily going to be good for your fantasy team
            ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
            Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
            Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
            forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
              Well houshmandzadeh right now is a top 5 receiver in the NFL but it remains to be seen how he will be without Carson palmer throwing to him

Lendale white is pretty good but not a top 5 RB. Actually right now as I am typing ESPN is talking about him!

Joseph addai is very good. He won rookie of the year over my fellow bruin maurice jones drew 3 years ago. If you can pick jones drew pick him. He will be the first string RB for the jags and he is an all purpose yard piler!!

Tome brady is getting old. But when healthy, he is one of the best but I am not sure if he is THAT good fantasywise. He just comes through when it counts which is not necessarily going to be good for your fantasy team
              I dont think Im gonna get an early pick in the live draft, but I will see what I can do about your fav player :roflleyes:

Thanks for the info.

Comment

that is a very very good team, especially at QB and WR

Comment

Go big on running backs. They usually get the most points for me.

Neither of the RBs you have listed are good or dependable.

Comment

Idk if anyone else said so...but TJ Housh is iranian...lol just thought i would throw that in
                    sigpic

Comment

pick ladanian tomlinson of the san diego chargers for running back, larry fitzgerald of the arizona cardinals for receiver, and peyton manning of the indiannapolis colts for quarterback

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

im not good at the players either, i just look at their stats and progress

good luck man, im sure others like persianbruin can guide u better than me

Comment

if steven jackson is available at rb still (which a lot of people are looking past him) PICK HIM UP!! he will have a breakout year this season.

but in all honesty, you did pretty well for your mock draft

one tip: pick your offensive players on the weeks they play a shitty defense (rams, raiders, lions, bengals, etc)

Comment

Thanks alot guys for your hints and tips, really appreciate it

Comment

I dont think Im gonna get an early pick in the live draft, but I will see what I can do about your fav player :roflleyes:

Thanks for the info.
                              So I wake up today and I see there is an article about this on the front page of yahoo NFL and how you should pick MOJO!! I didnt say take him cuz he s my fav player. I say take him cuz the guy kicks ass!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl;_ylt=Asl...9_c5mC8s85nYcB
                              ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                              Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                              Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                              forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X