*Official NBA thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Official NBA thread*

Ok guys the Playoffs will start in 2 months and in this thread you can talk about your favorite team, the playoffs, and any comebacks or buzzer beaters.

Let me start, today two of the best teams in the NBA faced each other in the Palace of Auburn Hills. PISTONS VS. suns
    Man, i was there and this game felt alot like a playoff game atmosphere!

In the first half, Phoenix showed a very impressive performance and shot an amazing 68% from the field. At halftime, The suns were winning with a score of 63-49.

In the second half, Chauncy Billups (also known as Mr. Big Shot) turned on his jets and he scored 28 points of his 35 points in the second half. Pistons won the game with a final score of 109-102.

Once again, Mr. Big Shot and his crew made an amazing comeback to win the game and keep the lead for the overall record in the NBA.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!!!

Now, tell me about your favorite teams and if they have a chance against the almighty PISTONS in the playoffs.

where are those good days with the Knicks and Pacers and Heat and the eastern battles......
    I m proud to say I m a Knick fan and hopefully things will be different next season
    ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

ok good thread, I am a Jazz fan an Im sorry to say we are still sitting in that 9th spot behind Sacramento! I have been watching all there games hoping they lose so we can catch them....they are 38-36 and we are 35-38 but they have a tough road ahead so I still have hope we will get past them as we ARE the better team!!! we have had our regular starters back for ONLY the past 10 games so we deserve it, go Jazz!

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Iverson, the best player in the NBA, scored 32 in just 3 qrts in a win vs the knicks. Philly beat the knicks 2 days ago, too. What the hell is wrong with the knicks? They have the best coach and players like Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury (my second favorite player), Jalen Rose (my best friends dad), Nate Robinson (my favorite college player last year), amongst other great players, but they SUCK SO BAD! It is very strange...

Comment

Originally posted by nyc3469
          Iverson, the best player in the NBA, scored 32 in just 3 qrts in a win vs the knicks. Philly beat the knicks 2 days ago, too. What the hell is wrong with the knicks? They have the best coach and players like Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury (my second favorite player), Jalen Rose (my best friends dad), Nate Robinson (my favorite college player last year), amongst other great players, but they SUCK SO BAD! It is very strange...
          sorry dude you can no longer say Iverson is the best player in the NBA!!! I mean I like the guy but he is NOT even in the top 5 anymore...sorry its the truth man. today theres players like James, Wade, Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, Shaq, Yao, Arenas, Carmelo etc...but Iverson is still top 10 and your sixers are going to unfortunately slip out of the playoffs to the Bulls! dont say "Iverson is second in scoring" etc because that doesnt make you the best you should know that! anyways just to throw this in there I dont believe Jalen Rose is your best friends dad. and I agree the Knicks should do better but ALL there talent is at the guard position (Marbury, Francis, Rose, Crawford, Robinson, Richardson etc.) and since they started off bad this year they are blowing games on purpose to pick up a good Forward/Center so they can go for it next year! or they will trade one of there MANY guards for a forward and pick up a guard in the draft...anyways they are looking at the long road so thats why they suck, they want the No.1 pick!

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
            sorry dude you can no longer say Iverson is the best player in the NBA!!! I mean I like the guy but he is NOT even in the top 5 anymore...sorry its the truth man. today theres players like James, Wade, Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, Shaq, Yao, Arenas, Carmelo etc...but Iverson is still top 10 and your sixers are going to unfortunately slip out of the playoffs to the Bulls! dont say "Iverson is second in scoring" etc because that doesnt make you the best you should know that! anyways just to throw this in there I dont believe Jalen Rose is your best friends dad. and I agree the Knicks should do better but ALL there talent is at the guard position (Marbury, Francis, Rose, Crawford, Robinson, Richardson etc.) and since they started off bad this year they are blowing games on purpose to pick up a good Forward/Center so they can go for it next year! or they will trade one of there MANY guards for a forward and pick up a guard in the draft...anyways they are looking at the long road so thats why they suck, they want the No.1 pick!
            out of that list iverson is the best.

Comment

Wade, Kobe, McGrady, Duncan, Shaq, Yao, Arenas, Carmelo
              Wade- Has shaq
              Kobe- Had shaq when he won the title and now he has odom and parker. They arent that good, but they are better than what Iverson has. But Kobe never even passes to them because he is a selfish ballhog.
              McGrady- has yao.
              Duncan- Has Ginobili, Parker, had Robinson.
              Yao- Has McGrady. But if you really think that yao ming is better than allen iverson, you need some serious help.
              Arenas- Has Jameson
              Carmelo-

Allen Iverson has NOBODY and has never had anybody. Dont tell me chris webber because he sucks now. Yet he still averages like 8 assists per game, unlike Bryant, who only cares about his scoring.

And I already proved on this forum that Jalen rose's son, Dee (short for Ladarius, who lives in the metro atlanta area, like me , you can ask him the next time the knicks come to town, ask him about the kid who he took to see Mr. Deeds) is my best friend, so you can search for that thread if you want, cause im not.

Comment

Iverson is top 5 for sure.

My pick for best 5 are.
                1.Kobe Bryant....hate him but he's the most lethal player in the NBA
                2.Lebron James...does everything shoots, pass', rebounds.
                3.Nash....possibly MVP again this year, I doubt it but his numbers are practically the same if not better.
                4.Allen Iverson...retarded person but talented player if only he had a better 3 pt shot, not saying its bad, but nothing impressive.
                5.Duncan....solid all around.

I switch teams alot, but one team I've always liked was Indiana Pacers they were the best team during the Bulls Hayday if it wasn't for Jordan Pacers could've had a few championships.

BTW Nicks head coach is overated as hell, Pistons proved they don't need him, and USA dream team lost with him, and now this fiasco with the Knicks
                STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
                A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

the last time i liked watching basketball was when chicago bulls had Jordan, so tell me how are the bulls doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Muradistan
                    Iverson is top 5 for sure.

BTW Nicks head coach is overated as hell, Pistons proved they don't need him, and USA dream team lost with him, and now this fiasco with the Knicks
                    First of all, his name is Larry Brown and even though his team is having a really bad season this year, he is still 1 one the best coaches in the game. I dont think i have heard anyone that knows about basketball and says that Larry Brown is overrated.

you might want to look at this:

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/larry_brown/

Originally posted by soniq
                    the last time i liked watching basketball was when chicago bulls had Jordan, so tell me how are the bulls doing?
                    The bulls are 33-40 and Philedelphia who have the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference are 33-48. Chicago is a really young team, and they have to face the sixers and the pacers to make it to the playoffs, which I don't think will happen this year.

Comment

His past may be impressive, but I stand by what I said, he's nothing now.

Comment

3.Nash....possibly MVP again this year, I doubt it but his numbers are practically the same if not better.
                        Steve Nash is the most overrated player in the NBA today. Last year, when he won the MVP, he only had like 15 points a game. He had like 11 assists, which is decent, but LOOK AT WHO WAS ON HIS TEAM! Amare Staudamire(sp?), the best center not named shaquille, Shawn Marion, probably the most underrated player in the NBA, quentin Richardson, the 3 point champ from last year, and Joe Johnson, someone who would be the first or second option on almost any other team (he is the first option now for atlanta). With those players, I could have averaged 11 assists per game, too. If you put someone like bibby, kidd, or marbury, they would have more points AND more assists with that team around them.
                        if it wasn't for Jordan Pacers

Comment

I think this is what he meant:

I switch teams alot, but one team I've always liked was Indiana Pacers they were the best team during the Bulls Hayday if it wasn't for Jordan, Pacers could've had a few championships.

Comment

Indeed thats what I meant, I even saw the mistake and was going to correct myself but I didn't think it was needed, how wrong I was lol.

As for Nash I put him on the list because he's without a doubt the best passer in the NBA and that has to be worth something, not to mention best freethrow shooter. And Amare's been injured this year and he's still putting up the numbers. I don't see Nash as an MVP, I think last year the media pushed it in his favour, this year same stats and I doubt he'll even be nominated.

MVP should be Kobe's this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
                              ok good thread, I am a Jazz fan an Im sorry to say we are still sitting in that 9th spot behind Sacramento! I have been watching all there games hoping they lose so we can catch them....they are 38-36 and we are 35-38 but they have a tough road ahead so I still have hope we will get past them as we ARE the better team!!! we have had our regular starters back for ONLY the past 10 games so we deserve it, go Jazz!
                              I think that the Jazz will catch sacremento and get the 8th seed for the playoffs.
                              Mehmot Okur used to be a bench warmer for the pistons 2 years ago and he is starting to become a really good player in Utah.
                              Also Amir, do you know if the Jazz have any games left with the kings this season?

Btw, Congratz on beating the pistons twice this year, thats pretty rare to do with the way the pistons are playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X