*Official NBA thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, the Nuggets lost 100-82

Now, I dont think the Jazz have any chance of making it to the playoffs!

Comment

Originally posted by MoJo23
      Man, the Nuggets lost 100-82
      Now, I dont think the Jazz have any chance of making it to the playoffs!
      I know!!!

But hey we had a good run...

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Candidates for most improved players:
        Boris Diaw - Phoenix Suns
        Mike James - Toronto Raptors
        Mehmet Okur - Utah Jazz
        Gerald Wallace - Charlotte Bobcats
        David West - New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
        I predict that James will take this award. Even though the Raptors have been struggling this year, this guy has been unbelievable for them. 20.4 points and 6 assists Per game!!
        I'd give it to my boy Memo Okur but your right James has been great and should win it! and what in the HELL were the Rockets thinking trading him to Toronto for Rafer Alston! good for us...took his ass out East and now Houston doesnt have a good point guard to contend with.

Comment

Congratz on the win, but the starters for the pistons only played 20-23 min. and they did not want to risk any injuries for the playoffs.
          No offence but if Detroit really wanted to play, they would have killed the raptors!
          Btw, im going to Toronto this weekend.
          true but raptors are a really surprising team. one day theyl lose to atlanta and the other they beat detroit. dont forget our franchise player chris bosh wasnt playing against detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom
            after years of horrible drafting and moronic coaches (for drafting see Eddy Curry, for coach look up tim floyd) they have put together a young exciting team FULL of talent. Alll they need is a good big man and they can easily contest for the title in 2-3 years time.
            nyc, the number one reason knicks suck is cuz that they have 35 small forwards and shooting guards and no true point guard (if u think stephon marbury is a true piont guard, pleases stop living) and no really good center (some say Frye can be one, i say he needs to bulk up if he wants to be a center).
            my beloved celts are still rebuilding, but with tony allen showing glimpses of genius, and peirce playing like peirce; we (with a good pick, god willing) can do some damage next year.
            NYC is not a knick fan, I am....and please just re-read what you just said about stephon marbury.
            I will continue to live and believe that he is one of the best PGs in the NBA...please...what are u going to give me to support ur statement?
            ABED1ZADEH -KAR8IMI -BAG6HERI Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
              Like I said before your comparing a player who in his 3rd season at age 20 has turned a franchise completely around!!! to a player who at that age was struggling for playing time at fukkin' Georgetown!!!!!!!!!!!
              georgetown (during iversons time and before that) was an absolute powerhouse, destroying teams. Look at its list of alumni's.
              The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
                Huh? If you watched NBA this season you would know that there is no clear MVP who stands out...but I guess Nash is a possibility.
                It is clear. It is Nash. Name me one other person that elevates the teams level of talent, workmanship and overall success more than nash?

Kobe? Guy is surrounded by crap players; this season has been pretty much nothing but kobe shooting 3 pointers and taking on 5 players at a time. WHile impressive mvp doesnt just mean statistics, its how your team is and what you do for your team. Lakers might just squeek in the playoffs, and all kobe does is look good for the camera, while doing nothing for others.

Shaq? his age has taken its toll, and it shows this season. Look at his numbers, career lows.

Marion? If nash wasn't there, his numbers wouldn't look half as good as they now.

Lebron? Would've picked except for the fact that this is somewhat the same situation kobe is in. Except time to time Lebron decides to get his teammates involved and play defence (which is usually cav's play their best).

Simple fact of the matter is that Nash has shut out most of his critics because his shown that his not dependent on stoudemire. All last year people said stoudemire completes him, his underrated etc. Now? Stoudemires been out for god knows how long and the suns are still roling. Remember when nash was out with injury? Suns looked like a confused bunch of college basketball players. The only knock on nash is his defensive skills. He isn't as good awful as some say but he definitly isn't up to chauncey billups level.
                That's the only thing i can think of that might voters to sway to any other candidate.

Btw. yes i have watched the nba this season. I dont know how many on tv but Three in person (2 celts game, one raptors). Got Paul Pierce's autograph in one!
                The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom
                  georgetown (during iversons time and before that) was an absolute powerhouse, destroying teams. Look at its list of alumni's.

The Cavaliers arent so bad either...

Comment

Defensive Player of the Year:

Bruce Bowen - San Antonio Spurs
                    Marcus Camby - Denver Nuggets
                    Andrei ***ilenko - Utah Jazz
                    Shawn Marion - Phoenix Suns
                    Ben Wallace - Detroit Pistons
                    Gerald Wallace - Charlotte Bobcats

I think Bruce Bowen or Marcus Camby will win this award. Its unbelievable how many star players Bowen has shut down through the season this year. Camby is ranked first in the NBA in blocks per game and he has averaged 30 double doubles in the 56 games he has played. I think its time he wins this award.

Rookie of the Year:

Andrew Bogut - Milwaukee Bucks
                    Raymond Felton - Charlotte Bobcats
                    Chris Paul - New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets
                    Charlie Villanueva - Toronto Raptors

I predict Chris Paul getting this award with ease. He has been unbelievable this year averaging all rookies with 16.3 points, 7.9 assists, 2.2 steals, 21 double doubles and he is the only rookie to record a triple double this season which he has done 2 times in 4 days.

Comment

Today is the last NBA regular season day in the NBA, but the top 8 seeds in each conference have already been determined for the playoffs.

Eastern Conference:

1 DET 64-17
                      2 MIA 52-29
                      3 NJN 49-32
                      4 CLE 49-32
                      5 WAS 41-40
                      6 IND 40-41
                      7 CHI 40-41
                      8 MIL 40-42
                      ---------
                      9 PHI 38-43

Western Conference:

1 SAS 62-19
                      2 PHX 53-28
                      3 DEN 44-37
                      4 DAL 60-21
                      5 MEM 48-33
                      6 LAC 46-35
                      7 LAL 44-37
                      8 SAC 44-38
                      ---------
                      9 UTA 40-41

Comment

Yeah and to think we passed up on Paul for Williams...but its ok I believe with time Williams will become the more valuable player (he didnt start performing well until he actually was given a starting role and put in the game).

And as for Defensive player of the year I gotta give it to my boy Kerilinko, I mean he is a defensive machine with 3.3 blocks a game and 1.5 steals! In all the Jazz games I have seen in my years with him, every single time there is a player one on one going to the hoop with him, 95% of the time its a block! no joke the guy is amazing...also averages 15.4 pts, 8 rebs, and 4.5 assts.

Comment

Ok guys, the regular season is all wrapped up and the playoffs will begin on saturday.

Here the matchups for the first round of the playoffs:

EAST:
                          Pistons (1) vs. Bucks (8)
                          Heat (2) vs. Bulls (7)
                          Nets (3) vs. Pacers (6)
                          Cavs (4) vs. Wizards (5)

WEST:
                          Spurs (1) vs. Kings (8)
                          Suns (2) vs. Lakers (7)
                          Nuggets (3) vs. Clippers (6)
                          Mavs (4) vs. Grizzlies (5)

Every Teams Mission: WIN or GO HOME

Comment

Most Valuable Player:

Chauncey Billups - Detroit Pistons
                            Elton Brand - Los Angeles Clippers
                            Kobe Bryant - Los Angeles Lakers
                            LeBron James - Cleveland Cavaliers
                            Steve Nash - Phoenix Suns
                            Dirk Nowitzki - Dallas Mavericks
                            Dwyane Wade - Miami Heat

Man there are too many outstanding players on that list too choose only 1, but im sure that either Billups, James, Bryant or Nash will win this Award.

Coach of the Year:

Mike D'Antoni - Phoenix Suns
                            Mike Dunleavy Sr. - Los Angeles Clippers
                            Avery Johnson - Dallas Mavericks
                            Gregg Popovich - San Antonio Spurs
                            Flip Saunders - Detroit Pistons

Im going with my man Flip Saunders. When the Pistons traded Larry Brown to the Knicks. I did not know how he will handle the pressure following Larry Brown's departure, but not only did he increase Detroits offensive power, he aslo kept Detroits defensive power as well. Well done to him, this guy really proved me wrong.

Comment

Notice how Iverson is not in the top 7 of the MVP voting...but anyways James, or Bryant has my vote for sure. The numbers James averaged this season I think puts him in a category with only 3 players in history to average 30+pts, 7+rebs, 6+assts! at only 20...

As for Coach of the Year, hmm...I think that Flip and the rest of those guys for that matter already had a very strong team to work with so they didnt have to do much but I'd personally give it to Mike Dunleavy Sr. for taking the Clippers...thats right the CLIPPERS! to the playoffs as a 6th seed... Very well done to him for turning that franchise around. (But I have to admit having like 53 straight lottery picks gets you a well built young team too! )

Ps Mojo23 I could stare at your avatar all day man! thats my girl Adrianna ya got there...damn now thats a fiiiinnneee women!

Comment

Working...
                              X