Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
      Giggs was never full-time captain. He just stepped in because of Gary Neville's annoyingly long injury problems since 2007.

Roy Keane. Second to none!

Originally posted by Suprah View Post
      Steven Gerrard actually had handed a transfer request and wanted to join Chelsea...and this happened days after the CL win too.

A few burnt effigies, death threats, and a bigger deal from the club changed his mind.
      i also heard he handed in a transfer request until the cl final then changed his mind after the trophy

Comment

Originally posted by Shervin. View Post
        What is so funny? In my opinion two of the best captains were Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. These two were true Generals of the game who lead by example and weren't afraid to get a little hurt for the good of the team.

Raul is at Real Madrid for gods sake, with the ppl around him he should always win....But he doesnt.
        Maldini was great and always led by example but since getting old he couldnt do that so lost a bit of his captaining gloss
        Totti was another man who led by example but what has he won???

I didnt read the criteria but for me the 2 best captains i have ever seen are Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. Steven Gerrard is very close to be counted among them for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
          What is so funny? In my opinion two of the best captains were Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. These two were true Generals of the game who lead by example and weren't afraid to get a little hurt for the good of the team.
          Raul is at Real Madrid for gods sake, with the ppl around him he should always win....But he doesnt.
          Maldini was great and always led by example but since getting old he couldnt do that so lost a bit of his captaining gloss
          Totti was another man who led by example but what has he won???
          I didnt read the criteria but for me the 2 best captains i have ever seen are Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. Steven Gerrard is very close to be counted among them for me also.
          no offense but you just made the stupidest post of the week.

Comment

Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
              no offense but you just made the stupidest post of the week.
              Gladly will i take that accolade coming from you of all ppl.

Raul is a good striker but not a leader in my opinion. I think Captains should be either a midfield general or a strong central defender.

Keane, Vieira, Gerrard, Ballack are the type of captains i love. Ppl who lead by example and can take a game by the scruff of the neck. Will gladly sacrafice themselved for the team and have a never say die attitude.

Maldini, Cannavarro, Hierro, Baressi, Adams, Puyol and Terry are defenders that i think belong or belonged as captains also.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                Gladly will i take that accolade coming from you of all ppl.
                Raul is a good striker but not a leader in my opinion. I think Captains should be either a midfield general or a strong central defender.
                Keane, Vieira, Gerrard, Ballack are the type of captains i love. Ppl who lead by example and can take a game by the scruff of the neck. Will gladly sacrafice themselved for the team and have a never say die attitude.
                Maldini, Cannavarro, Hierro, Baressi, Adams, Puyol and Terry are defenders that i think belong or belonged as captains also.
                ok now you are ignoring your previous statement... im assuming you learned how messed up it was... now you are saying he is not a leader... which is almost as foolish... yes he is... raul always talks to the team and tells them what to do... it was especially evident during capellos time... raul was like the 2nd coach... plus... he taught higuain how to finish... and raul is always scoring for us... so many times right after we concede a goal he scores and puts us back in the game... he scores many crucial goals.... and he has always been humble and hardworking... they dont call him el gran capitan for no reason... he is the perfect captain.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                  ok now you are ignoring your previous statement... im assuming you learned how messed up it was... now you are saying he is not a leader... which is almost as foolish... yes he is... raul always talks to the team and tells them what to do... it was especially evident during capellos time... raul was like the 2nd coach... plus... he taught higuain how to finish... and raul is always scoring for us... so many times right after we concede a goal he scores and puts us back in the game... he scores many crucial goals.... and he has always been humble and hardworking... they dont call him el gran capitan for no reason... he is the perfect captain.
                  Each to there own brother. You see a captain in a certain way and i see them in a different way.

I think they should be the teams General. Pulling all the strings.

I agree my initial comment was a little harsh but i still dont think he is a good captain. Nothing against Real Madrid, as you can see i said Hierro was great.

But as much as i love Henry i dont think he had anything on Vieira.

Comment

raul puyols

Comment

John Terry and Puyol.
                      Gerard, Raul deserve a mention too.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Working...
                      X