Alternative to PKs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative to PKs

I thought of this ironically while I was sitting on the toilet which might account for what some might think of this idea. How about instead of PKs playing overtime for 30 minutes with no keeper?
    Discuss or die!
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

they could just shoot straight from the kickoff lol

Comment

in my professional opinion i think a better solution would be at the end of extra time 22 players drop their shorts (short) and poop. whichever team is on the side of the field that is brownest after 30 minutes is the victor.

Comment

I think it would be more entertaining if it was a shoot-out but hockey style; so the player would have to dribble up to the goal and score.
        Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
        My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by amirkarimi2 View Post
          I think it would be more entertaining if it was a shoot-out but hockey style; so the player would have to dribble up to the goal and score.
          They used to do that in MLS. It sucks even more than Milad's poop competition.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

i say sudden death, who wants it more?

Comment

Originally posted by ShahHouman View Post
              i say sudden death, who wants it more?
              Yeah but then if a team is already scared of losing they will play even more defensive knowing it's all over if they get scored on.

Comment

didnt see the mls ones, but i rly like the idea of a player having to get past a defender and then score
                sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  I thought of this ironically while I was sitting on the toilet which might account for what some might think of this idea. How about instead of PKs playing overtime for 30 minutes with no keeper?
                  Discuss or die!
                  Good thread.

I think that penalties are harsh way to win/lose but i honestly think it is the best option.

To play until a goal is scored could take forever.

i would like to see them test the idea of each team taking a player off the field every 5-10 minutes until a goal is scored.

By the way. some of the greatest ideas come to me while sitting on the throne. It is a place of serious thought. LOL

Comment

what about each team have to take off couple of players and play with 9 men. and play for another 30 minutes.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

penalty kicks, but instead of penalty spots kick from the corner spots and no goal keeper

Comment

Yeah but then if a team is already scared of losing they will play even more defensive knowing it's all over if they get scored on.

take a player off each time as suggested every 10 minutes starting with one player off at the beginning of the sudden death period

and if a team is scared of losing and plays defensive they hav no choice but to hav to open up a little with some offense because they cant sit back and defend forever

Comment

what if a team is being carried by their keeper?

like Germany in '02....Kahn was the whole team...if u take him, they wouldn't even make out of the group stage

Comment

Discuss or die!
                            No offense, but I think it's not a smart idea. Teams would obviously put a defender to guard the goal. Also, the game may not finish after 30 minutes. With penalty shootouts, there will be an obvious winner, even if you have to go through "sudden death".

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Come on! After not winning for 120 minutes, a penalty shootout is ideal to just finish the game and decide a winner. This is not cricket.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X