Juan Riquelme, this guy was out of this world today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juan Riquelme, this guy was out of this world today

I got worried for a sec, cause he looks Mexican.

Fortunately he is Argentinian, and we won't have to deal with him, cause he is RIDICULOUS. He killed Inter today.

hes one of the top 5 best players in the world right now. too bad not too many people on this site know enough about him

Comment

moved to the right forum.
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Riquelme has always been one of my favorite players for sure (not saying this only because I'm a big Argentina fan).
        That man is amazing; not crazy that people called him the next Maradona.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Yup Barca should've held on to him. He's the type of player that I wish Karimi could turn into. He reads the game very well, and when the balls at his feet anythings possible.
          STADIO OLIMPICO, 8 FEBRUARY 2004
          A.S. ROMA 4-0 F.C. JUVENTUS

Comment

Originally posted by soroush
            I got worried for a sec, cause he looks Mexican.
            Fortunately he is Argentinian, and we won't have to deal with him, cause he is RIDICULOUS. He killed Inter today.
            Not so fast....if we qualify as the 2nd place team which Im hoping we will and if Argentina will win there group over Holland then we actually will face them in the 2nd round!!! But its not just him to watch out for, Argentina is loaded!!!

Originally posted by Makaveli
            hes one of the top 5 best players in the world right now. too bad not too many people on this site know enough about him
            Easy buddy lets not get carried away, he is a very talented player but top 5 is WAY out of his range.

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

Originally posted by Amir H F
              Not so fast....if we qualify as the 2nd place team which Im hoping we will and if Argentina will win there group over Holland then we actually will face them in the 2nd round!!! But its not just him to watch out for, Argentina is loaded!!!
              Easy buddy lets not get carried away, he is a very talented player but top 5 is WAY out of his range.
              hes a guy that can turn a game on its head.

put ronaldinho, rooney and riquelme in 3 of the top 5 and anyone else can be argued.

Comment

hes a guy that can turn a game on its head.

put ronaldinho, rooney and riquelme in 3 of the top 5 and anyone else can be argued.
                1. Ronaldinho
                2. Karimi
                3. Ronaldo
                4. Crespo
                5. Mahdavikia
                12. Riquelme
                63. Rooney

Comment

Originally posted by nyc3469
                  1. Ronaldinho
                  2. Karimi
                  3. Ronaldo
                  4. Crespo
                  5. Mahdavikia
                  12. Riquelme
                  63. Rooney
                  karimi ronaldo mahdavikia and crespo wont make the top 5. rooney is 100% in the top 5 ask anone that knows anything about fuchibol

Comment

karimi ronaldo mahdavikia and crespo wont make the top 5. rooney is 100% in the top 5 ask anone that knows anything about fuchibol
                    I know about football and Rooney is not in the top 5.
                    You telling me Rooney is better then; Adriano, Shevchenko, Robinho, Henry, Eto'o, Ronaldinho, Kaka

Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Lampard, Henry are definitely in there and i for one would actually put Riquelme/Kaka in there as well.

The guy does amazing things and makes it look like it is the most natural thing in the world.

Has anyone noticed how Riquelme always spits a few times b4 taking a penalty or freekick?? Its like a trademark

Comment

Here is an interesting aritcle i came across on Juan Riquelme

Pass Master
                      Riquelme's selection was not just because of a simpole preference for a player. it was part of a manifesto for a type of football - traditional Argentinian passing football.

... to some it was like the clock was being turned back. "We used to have players like Riquelme," said Pele recently. Indeed, Brazil once had a veritable production line for magnificent Central Midfielders. Not any more. They are overflowing with talent as ever, but nowadays it is to be found either higher up the field or at full-back.

... the midfield general ... He is a victim of the ferentic rush towards ever greater athleticism. Recently, even Brazil's chief scout, Jairo Santos, argued that if a team take more than eight passes in a single move they are reducing their chances of scoring.

The traditional Argentinian school would completely disagree. It holds that the more the ball is passed around the more the opposition defence is shifted around and the greater the possibility of creating two against one situations and scoring. It all depends on the quality of passing and movement, and the mix of long and short-range balls.

...,Riquelme opens up the field, creating space and suprising opponents with his quick passing. By placing such a player at the centre of his plans, Pekerman is flying in the face of contemporary idea that the game is won and lost either on set pieces or on transitions, those moments when possession changes hands and a rapid counter attack can be launched.

Source: World Soccer Magazine.

Comment

was that positive or negative towards Riquelme?? Bit Vague. Riquelme could win the Word Cup for Argentina becasue he has a great bunch of supporting players around huim that will help. Samuel, Collocini, Sorin, Zanetti, Ayala, Aimar, Cambiasso, D'Allesandro <--very highly rated by myself and Tevez and Crespo. Definitely the kind of team that could win the World Cup.

IF they get past Iran in the second round that is.

And as for Brazil not having Midfielders, come on Pele. Kaka, Emerson, Juninho Pernambucano , Edu, Gilberto Silva, Ze Roberto, Julio Baptista, Renato. <--Yeh poor guys, not like the old days.

Comment

Working...
                        X