Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez -- Tonight!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez -- Tonight!!

This is going to be a sick fight. UFC 103 is also on tonight...but it is assumed that the Mayweather/Marquez fight will destroy the UFC main event in PPV buys.

The fight is to start around 7:30pm Pacific.

Mayweather has never lost a professional fight.

Prediction: Mayweather will win via TKO in the 7th round.

Anyway to watch this without ordering it on PPV?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
      Stealing haroomeeh and so is Western media and entertainment, Ayatollah Khomeini would be very upset with you.

UFC >>>> Mayweather fight - I just think Mayweather fights are seriously overhyped.

Tashakor jaan, you're real into fighting and stuff, do you do MMA personally?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak View Post
        Sorry I didn't get at you earlier...for all PPV events, I watch them live for free on sopcast. I saw this fight in downtown...outside a restaurant loool...there were like 50 people outside watching.

Originally posted by djmo View Post
        Stealing haroomeeh and so is Western media and entertainment, Ayatollah Khomeini would be very upset with you.

UFC >>>> Mayweather fight - I just think Mayweather fights are seriously overhyped.

Tashakor jaan, you're real into fighting and stuff, do you do MMA personally?
        Not MMA, I've been practicing Muay Thai for a few years now. I have a couple of trainers who have moved on to UFC ...but I have not decided to do Jujitsu yet. Too busy at the moment...maybe in the future.

Comment

Overall it was a good fight. Mayweather did not get too c0cky...he decided to fight very smart and organized. That's what got him the win. I was very impressed with Marquez though....I hope next up Mayweather will fight Pacman!!

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
            Overall it was a good fight. Mayweather did not get too c0cky...he decided to fight very smart and organized. That's what got him the win. I was very impressed with Marquez though....I hope next up Mayweather will fight Pacman!!
            I have to disagree, it was a terrible fight, absurdly one-sided and hardly a test for Mayweather at all...hopefully he fights pacquaio next, because that is the only interesting fight left for him.

Comment

Pbf > Jmm > Pac

Comment

Originally posted by ommy48 View Post
                I have to disagree, it was a terrible fight, absurdly one-sided and hardly a test for Mayweather at all...hopefully he fights pacquaio next, because that is the only interesting fight left for him.
                I thought 5 of the 12 rounds actually went to Marquez...but then again I was watching from the street lol

Comment

That was a lop sided bore fest, Mayweather proved he is a ***** with his all out defensive style. He could of ended Marquez with in 6 rounds, but did not throw the combination's. He does not take any risk, he is the reason that people dislike boxing and think it is boring.

Also i thought is was a disgrace how he weighed 2 pounds heavier then the 144 limit and then they changed the limit to 147 because they would loose to much money if they canceled it.

Mayweather v Manny will never happen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_tsPatoBU), Plus Manny has to overcome the best welterweight Miguel Cotto.

the best fight on the night was the war between Katsidis v Escobedo

Comment

Originally posted by tashakor View Post
                    Not MMA, I've been practicing Muay Thai for a few years now. I have a couple of trainers who have moved on to UFC ...but I have not decided to do Jujitsu yet. Too busy at the moment...maybe in the future.
                    damet garm agha, good luck!! after I get my knee fixed, I'll hopefully also join MMA here ... muay thai takes its beatings on your shins and elbows, eh? Desensitized shodesh oonja?

Comment

Originally posted by djmo View Post
                      damet garm agha, good luck!! after I get my knee fixed, I'll hopefully also join MMA here ... muay thai takes its beatings on your shins and elbows, eh? Desensitized shodesh oonja?
                      Shins are a lot more painful than elbows....but once they are conditioned (which takes a long time), then you can't feel the pain anymore. Conditioning the thighs can also be painful at the beginning. Good luck...after the first month or 2...you will be addicted.

Comment

Working...
                      X