• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bahrain Vs New Zealand WCQ Thread

1st Leg Result from October 10th in Manama, Bahrain:

Bahrain 0-0 New Zealand

Match Report: http://goal.com/en/news/1863/world-c...-ofc-qualifier

2nd Leg to be played in Wellington, New Zealand on the 14th November, 20:00 Local Time

Convert to your timezone: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

i hope new zealand wins
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

i still dont know who to root for. bahrain earned my respect with that 2-2 draw.

Comment

^meh, go new zealand

One of the Greatest Legends Iran Football Ever Saw!
        Team Melli: 1993-2010, Thank You Karim Bagheri.

18 titles, five European Cups - is Chelsea a bigger club?

Comment

I want New Zealand to win so the World Cup remains germ free.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^ yup, i wanna an arab free WC. think how much easier the job will be for the security guards at the WC games without arabs
            Welcome Mr. Carlos Queiroz!
            My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by IranSoccer#8 View Post
              i still dont know who to root for. bahrain earned my respect with that 2-2 draw.
              Bahrain is bahrain, even if they had won 22-2.
              As KC said, the wc should be germ free, hopefully the kiwis can do smtg against gohrain.

Comment

btw what time is the game?

Comment

FSC will also show

Comment

I have respect for bahrain for reaching this far.

They eliminated KSA and we didn't do sh%t to KSA.

That alone desrves respect.

KSA always got through easy but not this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sraosa View Post

LMAO

Go Kiwis

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                      به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by amirkarimi2 View Post
                        ^ yup, i wanna an arab free WC. think how much easier the job will be for the security guards at the WC games without arabs
                        Algeria or Egypt can still make the World Cup from Africa
                        sigpic

Comment

im confused i realy dont no who i want to win the match shud i hope for nz to win since i h8 bahrain or shud i hope bahrain to win so i can c them get thrashed maybe they will be the new 10-0ers
                          Last edited by unique football; 10-10-2009, 01:09 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

who cares about this match

Comment

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/soccer/new...ectid=10601477

Soccer: Bahrain and All Whites in different worlds

Government-backed Bahrain are sparing nothing to ensure they are ready for the crucial second leg of their World Cup qualifiers against the All Whites in Wellington.

While the New Zealand-based players in Ricki Herbert's team flew out business class on Emirates yesterday, they will return in economy seats after Sunday's game in Manama.

No such deal for the Bahrain players. They will fly to Wellington in a Gulf Air private plane, stopping off for a three-day training camp in Sydney en route to the deciding showdown at Westpac Stadium on November 14.

After talks between Bahrain's General Organisation for Youth and Sports and their national airline, the deal, which also includes the possibility of cheap flights for Bahraini supporters to Wellington, was struck.

Meanwhile, the home-based Bahrain players have continued to train under the watchful eye of their 66-year-old Czech Republic coach Milan Macala. Nine of the squad are based overseas.

All Whites assistant coach Brian Turner and the non-Wellington Phoenix home-based players Ivan Vicelich, Aaron Scott, James Bannatyne, Jacob Spoonley and Andy Barron have flown to Dubai where they will link with the Australian, British and US-based players and use the swank Jebel Ali Resort midway between Dubai and Abu Dhabi as their training headquarters

Herbert, who flew into the United Arab Emirates on Saturday night after the 0-0 draw between the Phoenix and Shane Smeltz's Gold Coast United, describes the training base as "unbelievable, world class".

The last player to arrive will be newcomer Michael McGlinchey, who played for Central Coast Mariners in their A-League game against Sydney yesterday and will fly to Dubai today.

Herbert and Turner had mixed news on players at the weekend.

Most concern surrounds captain Ryan Nelsen, who was not included in the Blackburn Rovers side thrashed 6-2 at Arsenal. Nelsen is nursing a sore back after a heavy fall in the 2-1 win over Aston Villa a week earlier.

But he has flown to the Middle East and Turner says his situation will be assessed by the team's medics there.

"It might be he will not be able to train for a day or two but, fingers crossed, he should be ready after that."

Chris Killen was not included in the Celtic side who lost 2-1 to longtime rivals Rangers while Chris Wood was on the bench, but did not see any game time, for West Bromwich Albion in their 0-0 draw away to Preston North End. There was better news for Rory Fallon - he scored his second goal of the Championship season as Plymouth Argyle beat S****horpe 2-1.

Across the Atlantic, All Whites Simon Elliott and Andy Boyens went head-to-head for the entire 90 minutes as MLS strugglers San Jose Earthquakes and New York Red Bulls clashed.

In the end Elliott's Earthquakes got home 1-0 thanks to a controversial penalty.

Vicelich and Scott sat out NZFC pre-season friendlies with Scott nursing a slight ankle injury.

Again, Turner is confident he will be fit come kick-off on Sunday morning (4.30am NZ time).

"There have been no last-minute hiccups," said an obviously anxious Turner.

"It is very much a case of the calm before the storm."

Comment

Working...
                              X