Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so much for world champions

No Italian Players In Ballon d'Or List Of Nominees - Report

There are no Italian players in the awards list, which could make for some painful viewing in the peninsula...

Calcio faces embarrassment as there are no Italian-born players in the 2010 Ballon d'Or list of nominees.

According to Puntosport.net, France Football, who organise the awards, will announce the list of 30 candidates for the annual prize on Sunday, and there is not an Italian to be seen amongst them.

The report suggests only Juventus ace Diego and Samuel Eto'o are in the running from Serie A, but they cannot be considered as Italian candidates.

Diego is there because of his exploits in having reached the UEFA Cup final with Werder Bremen, while Eto'o is in for his Champions League win with Barcelona.

Gianluigi Buffon, who has been one of the best goalkeepers in Europe over the past year, is nowhere to be seen according to the report.

This is pure speculation at the moment and the list tomorrow will confirm whether Calcio has failed on the grand stage.

The last time an Italian-based player won the award was in 2007, when Kaka scooped the prize at Milan. Fabio Cannavaro was the last Italian-born player to have won the award, claiming the gong in 2006.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...ominees-report

what's even the point. they might as well just hand it to messi right now

Comment

Should be Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

its ok count the stars
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

its so obviously gonna be Messi but if it were a surprise Xavi can run away with it (not to say he wouldn't deserve it he was fantastic last year)
          Go Cows!

Comment

Originally posted by Demis-11 View Post
            its so obviously gonna be Messi but if it were a surprise Xavi can run away with it (not to say he wouldn't deserve it he was fantastic last year)
            if he didnt win it for his euro performance he will never win it. its a farce when a defender (cannavaro) wins it after a perfect performance yet a midfielder doesnt just because some random guy who gets every free kick and penalty and 42 goals against fulham and didnt do SHIT at euro wins it lol.

Comment

teamwork

Comment

England Coach Fabio Capello Heavily Critical Of Calcio

Capello has sternly criticised Calcio and appears to have caused something of a rift in the meantime. He has stated that the authorities no longer control the game in peninsula. His words have already been met with a firm response...

England coach Fabio Capello has launched a stinging attack on Italian football, claiming it's a game run by violent ultras in which divers are praised rather than punished.

The Italian was giving a special seminar at Coverciano that was organised by the Italian FA. Speaking on the state of Calcio, Capello found it hard to draw parallels with the English game. A war of words between the coach and Italian football dignitaries has now ensued.

"It's the ultras who rule in Serie A. There is no courage to apply the laws against them," Capello said, as reported by Sky Sport Italia.

"In Italy the divers are praised and receive prizes - in England they are jeered."

The former Milan and Juventus coach then spoke of the national teams. He claimed that Italy has never appealed to him. He also mentioned his dilemma with Michael Owen, comparing it with the Antonio Cassano - Marcello Lippi debate.

"The Italian national team has never fascinated me like the English one," added the coach.

"My torment is Owen. With Lippi it's Cassano."

The Italian authorities were quick to hear of Capello's statements. Both Italian FA president Giancarlo Abete and Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) chief Gianni Petrucci fired back, appearing to regret inviting the coach to the talk.

"We are not hostage to the ultras, we work alongside the authorities regarding these things," Abete sniped.

Petrucci was stronger with his response, saying the coach's words mean nothing.

"I am not enthused with what Capello said. His speeches don't serve any purpose," he slammed.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...ical-of-calcio

even an italian admits it.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                  England Coach Fabio Capello Heavily Critical Of Calcio
                  Capello has sternly criticised Calcio and appears to have caused something of a rift in the meantime. He has stated that the authorities no longer control the game in peninsula. His words have already been met with a firm response...

England coach Fabio Capello has launched a stinging attack on Italian football, claiming it's a game run by violent ultras in which divers are praised rather than punished.
                  The Italian was giving a special seminar at Coverciano that was organised by the Italian FA. Speaking on the state of Calcio, Capello found it hard to draw parallels with the English game. A war of words between the coach and Italian football dignitaries has now ensued.
                  "It's the ultras who rule in Serie A. There is no courage to apply the laws against them," Capello said, as reported by Sky Sport Italia.
                  "In Italy the divers are praised and receive prizes - in England they are jeered."
                  The former Milan and Juventus coach then spoke of the national teams. He claimed that Italy has never appealed to him. He also mentioned his dilemma with Michael Owen, comparing it with the Antonio Cassano - Marcello Lippi debate.
                  "The Italian national team has never fascinated me like the English one," added the coach.
                  "My torment is Owen. With Lippi it's Cassano."
                  The Italian authorities were quick to hear of Capello's statements. Both Italian FA president Giancarlo Abete and Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) chief Gianni Petrucci fired back, appearing to regret inviting the coach to the talk.
                  "We are not hostage to the ultras, we work alongside the authorities regarding these things," Abete sniped.
                  Petrucci was stronger with his response, saying the coach's words mean nothing.
                  "I am not enthused with what Capello said. His speeches don't serve any purpose," he slammed.
                  http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy...ical-of-calcio
                  even an italian admits it.

i find this article very hard to believe because
                  1) its from goal.com
                  2) Lippi hates cassano and does not invite him even though he's played great

so #2 is the main reason i think this article is full of shit and england has plenty of divers too, the way the EPL game is played there are so many fouls called that are dives but because the game is fast its easy to fool people...

Comment

Milad were you ass raped by an Italian man?

Comment

Originally posted by the-ali View Post
                      Milad were you ass raped by an Italian man?
                      no but you clearly dont know what trash talking is. why do you take out your frustrations on this forum? take it easy.

Comment

lol ekbatan why do you always defend italy so much? you defend it more than the real italians

Comment

Originally posted by Kaebi View Post
                          lol ekbatan why do you always defend italy so much? you defend it more than the real italians

i keep it real man, its not italy i would say wat i think for whoever

italian football is one of the most solid in the world and their league has contributed to developing many many stars over the years, so they've contributed to teams like brazil, argentina, france, holland, etc....
                          thats why i laugh when people talk shit cuz i know the facts. You can't just win 4 world cups with nothing, when 95% of the world cant even win 1
                          hell even alot of top teams cant get one; england and france won it once in their own home.

anyway, in this case i know the article is bogus cuz the guy is mentioning cassano when he has not played under lippin in ages....lol....lippi hates him and all the italians are begging for him to come back

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            i keep it real man, its not italy i would say wat i think for whoever
                            italian football is one of the most solid in the world and their league has contributed to developing many many stars over the years, so they've contributed to teams like brazil, argentina, france, holland, etc....
                            thats why i laugh when people talk shit cuz i know the facts. You can't just win 4 world cups with nothing, when 95% of the world cant even win 1
                            hell even alot of top teams cant get one; england and france won it once in their own home.
                            anyway, in this case i know the article is bogus cuz the guy is mentioning cassano when he has not played under lippin in ages....lol....lippi hates him and all the italians are begging for him to come back
                            everyone knows result-wise italy is an all-time superpower. to disagree would be to fail to acknowledge the fact that they won 4 world cups. the argument lies in the controversial playing style that they use to win, and other controversial tactics such as spitting and diving and bribing and corruption, etc...

and what you are saying about the players is silly. yes italy produces a lot of defenders, but other superpowers create more attacking players. and all those teams also contributed to italy.

Comment

Originally posted by milad View Post
                              everyone knows result-wise italy is an all-time superpower. to disagree would be to fail to acknowledge the fact that they won 4 world cups. the argument lies in the controversial playing style that they use to win, and other controversial tactics such as spitting and diving and bribing and corruption, etc...
                              and what you are saying about the players is silly. yes italy produces a lot of defenders, but other superpowers create more attacking players. and all those teams also contributed to italy.

and where do these brazilians, argentinians, etc...get to train and develop??
                              all the other controvertial stuff is same thing everyone else does but because its italy its always exaggerated. and italy has very technical players who are attacking, forget the past just rite now i can name a bunch of non stars in italy that are as good if not better than any other spanish, brazilian, argentinian or whoever; di natale, micolli, foggia, giovinco, pazzini, rossi, pepe, quagliarella, etc...
                              but anyway, u guys are just getting all excited cuz italy's going thru a bad time but trust me, their football is so solid, they find their way back to the top as always. they always put up entertaining matches whether they win or lose

Comment

Working...
                              X