Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lebron drops one Legend's number and picks another one's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ommy,

Kobe has no flaws offensively. There is absolutely no flaws. MJ could not hit the midrange and the 3 pointer like KObe. He got most of his points in the paint. I see lots of people here make MJ into a player from another world like the guy was untouchable but I am 34 years old. I saw him play when I was not a fetus or a little kid and trust me he had flaws and he made mistakes and he did not make every single shot he take. Trust me!

Problem with reruns, espn classic and highlight reels is that they only show the best moves they never show the whole package.

Now defensively Kobe makes too many gambles and cannot read the player's next move like MJ could.

As a whole MJ was still better than Kobe but not by THAT much.

Ekki,
    baba Lebron could easily be in the top 10 players of alltime catagory right now. Na be shooriyeh masoud, na be binamakiyeh to! Dwade doesnt even belong to the top 30 (but 3rd best player in the league now). But Dwade also has a lot of room to improve but then again most of skills are based on athletesism and speed and he is very injury prone which means he might not last as long as Kobe and MJ
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Masoud_A View Post
      Come on man Wade better than Lebron? Is this the new way to be the kewl kid? saying Lebron sux? lol

thats my opinion...wade is a sick ass all around player and he's mentally more focused and stronger than lebron. what lebron did last year when he acted like a baby and walked out without accepting his defeat like a MAN, he brought himself down with that. so yes until lebron grows up, he's not the best yet.

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
        Ommy,

Kobe has no flaws offensively. There is absolutely no flaws. MJ could not hit the midrange and the 3 pointer like KObe. He got most of his points in the paint. I see lots of people here make MJ into a player from another world like the guy was untouchable but I am 34 years old. I saw him play when I was not a fetus or a little kid and trust me he had flaws and he made mistakes and he did not make every single shot he take. Trust me!

Problem with reruns, espn classic and highlight reels is that they only show the best moves they never show the whole package.

Now defensively Kobe makes too many gambles and cannot read the player's next move like MJ could.

As a whole MJ was still better than Kobe but not by THAT much.

Ekki,
        baba Lebron could easily be in the top 10 players of alltime catagory right now. Na be shooriyeh masoud, na be binamakiyeh to! Dwade doesnt even belong to the top 30 (but 3rd best player in the league now). But Dwade also has a lot of room to improve but then again most of skills are based on athletesism and speed and he is very injury prone which means he might not last as long as Kobe and MJ

A statement like that is so inherently ------- that I can't take anything you say seriously about the NBA anymore. MJ COULD NOT HIT THE MIDRANGE????????????? MJ HAD THE BEST MIDRANGE GAME IN THE NBA FOR WELL OVER A DECADE. HE PERFECTED THE MIDRANGE GAME LIKE NO OTHER PLAYER BEFORE HIM. IF YOU MAKE THAT STATEMENT TO ANY KNOWLEDGEABLE FAN THEY WOULD MOCK YOU INCESSANTLY.

Do you realize that there is a thing called stats that makes your claims look foolish? You can't just make up crap and expect people to buy the BS your selling as fact if u can't back it up.

Kobe is a career 45% shooter who hasn't touched or even smelled 50% even ONCE IN HIS CAREER, and a career 34% 3 POINT shooter which is hardly impressive.

MJ is a CAREER 50% SHOOTER INCLUDING HIS WIZARDS YEARS AT 40 YEARS OLD which means that he was well OVER 50% even before he came back to the NBA a second time. And he is a career 33% 3 point shooter INCLUDING HIS WIZARDS DAYS (where he shot 25% from 3 for two years), which means that he shot OVER 34% from 3 point land AS A BULL.

Now tell me do you just make stuff up or are u blind because none of the claims you make make any sense nor are they based in reality.

Honestly your statements are so egregiously loopy and laughably wrong that I won't even bother ripping up further your misguided opinions with something people like to call FACTS, because obviously such little things have no effect on your sensibilities. Keep thinking to yourself that Kobe had a better midrange game than MJ and that Kobe is flawless offensively while MJ wasn't. While you're at it, if I were you I would refrain from approaching the ends of the Earth for fear of falling off of it...

Comment

Me neither! I can't believe some people think raw amazing "athlethisim" = great bball player. Most of the things Lebron is doing is becasue he is head and shoulder over everybody else when it comes to athletic ability. He is playing in full motion when everyone else is playing in slow motion. Once he loses that edge (same goes with dwade and it already has happened to AI) his game will diminish greatly. This is why MJ and KObe can play forever and sustain their numbers whille nobody else can do the same.

again, I still cant believe it!

KObe is the most fundamentally sound offensive player in the history of the league (yeah even better than MJ and many analysts are saying too) but defensively he trails MJ by landslide. Lebron is a couple of miles behind in both catagories but he will get up there is he keeps his focus
          There is plenty of good athletes in this league. Athleticism doesn't give you his passing skills. It doesn't give you his offensive iq.

Kobe did the exact same thing that jordan did after he came back from retirement. He saw that his body wasn't the same so he changed his game up. He relies on a killer fadeaway and picks his moments to drive in the lane (as opposed to his younger self who was looking to get at the rim). Lebron doesn't have to do that because his younger.
          The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

Comment

THis is one area I give Lebron all the props and credit and respect in the world that he NEVER claims or acts as the best bball player in the world cuz he KNOWS he is not there yet. damesh garm. At least he knows his limits unlike Paul pierce
            baba, pierce e beeshare chee kar kard?
            sigpic

what the world would be if only the majority of people were this good

Comment

Originally posted by mf_doom View Post
              There is plenty of good athletes in this league. Athleticism doesn't give you his passing skills. It doesn't give you his offensive iq.
              Kobe did the exact same thing that jordan did after he came back from retirement. He saw that his body wasn't the same so he changed his game up. He relies on a killer fadeaway and picks his moments to drive in the lane (as opposed to his younger self who was looking to get at the rim). Lebron doesn't have to do that because his younger.
              In terms of OFFENSIVE bbal skills the only thing Lebron is better at is passing skills so I give you that but offensive IQ, are you kidding me!!!?? Lebron is yeh saro gardan ba yeh nesfeh taneh behind Kobe in that catagory!! First of all there are no athletes like Lebron in the game. He is by far the best becasue he is the strongest and the fastest. Many of his offensive moves turn into points becasue of that only. Now don't get me wrong the guy is a great bball player too, as I said before top 10 of alltime but not THAT good!

On the other hand, half the players in the league (if not more) have the athletisism that KObe has. He has to use his "offensive IQ" to read the defense and get ahead. This is precisely why when Kobe goes on those streaks of 40+, 50+ point games nobody can stop him even though the whole game plane is to stop him. You see they KNOW he is coming. They KNOW he is aiming for 50 but they STILL can't stop him! That is becasue of his bball IQ. He reads the defense like nobody ever has and just destroys them with his COMPLETE offensive arsenal

Originally posted by Puji View Post
              baba, pierce e beeshare chee kar kard?
              After Boston won the championship in 08 he said, "I am the best player in the world"!!
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

If we were picking teams from scratch today with only 1 mission: Win the NBA championship in the 2009-2010 season.

I'd take Kobe first, Lebron 2nd.

Comment

Breaking News: MJ is retired.

He is history

Lets talk about the present. Kobe.

Comment

i hate kobe more than any other player and i never really liked lebron (although i love what hes doing for mike), but from an unbiased perspective, i think kobe has more "game" than lebron, as far as footwork/moves/ball skills are concerned. Lebron just uses his god given athletic or physical ability, whether its lowering his shoulder getting to the rim like a running back or elevating over the defender to get off his shot, to get his numbers. Kobe actually does work. even though he did go 5-20 tonight
                    I cant believe i just gave kobe a compliment

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                      Lebron just uses his god given athletic or physical ability, whether its lowering his shoulder getting to the rim like a running back or elevating over the defender to get off his shot, to get his numbers.

well said. lebron uses his physical strength to get to the basket. He can only use that advantage while he's young, but the time he's 30 and older he wont have the same strength and balance, so he needs to work more on finesse.

Comment

Originally posted by nypimpofpersia34 View Post
                        i hate kobe more than any other player and i never really liked lebron (although i love what hes doing for mike), but from an unbiased perspective, i think kobe has more "game" than lebron, as far as footwork/moves/ball skills are concerned. Lebron just uses his god given athletic or physical ability, whether its lowering his shoulder getting to the rim like a running back or elevating over the defender to get off his shot, to get his numbers. Kobe actually does work. even though he did go 5-20 tonight
                        I cant believe i just gave kobe a compliment
                        Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                        well said. lebron uses his physical strength to get to the basket. He can only use that advantage while he's young, but the time he's 30 and older he wont have the same strength and balance, so he needs to work more on finesse.
                        Ay ghorbooneh dahaneh joftetoon! Thats all I am saying. HAMIN!

Comment

Working...
                        X